Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
life ban… 22:31 - Nov 1 with 3698 viewswitchdoctor

for matey in the lower Cobbold?….assuming he got nicked…
life ban… on 22:40 - Nov 1 with 3589 viewsSitfcB

What happened?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

life ban… on 22:48 - Nov 1 with 3483 viewstomo

Saw some sort of scuffle with a Fulham player but not sure what went on. There was an unusually high percentage of bell pieces in the Cobbold this evening. I’m blaming half term
life ban… on 22:53 - Nov 1 with 3405 viewsITFC_Forever

life ban… on 22:48 - Nov 1 by tomo

Saw some sort of scuffle with a Fulham player but not sure what went on. There was an unusually high percentage of bell pieces in the Cobbold this evening. I’m blaming half term

Half term was last week.

But yes, there were a large number of absolute weapons there tonight. Cup games always brings them out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

life ban… on 22:53 - Nov 1 with 3384 viewsMattinLondon

I guess with it being half-term teachers can stay out later.
life ban… on 22:54 - Nov 1 with 3372 viewsSitfcB

Usual part timers for a cup game.

COYB

life ban… on 22:55 - Nov 1 with 3357 viewswitchdoctor

life ban… on 22:40 - Nov 1 by SitfcB

What happened?

fulham player whacked the ball into the stand and his momentum took him to to the wall and a fella grabbed hold of him and was halfway over the wall but thought better of it..he then sat down and a couple of itfc bods tried to restrain him but he evaded them and was last seen legging down an exit toward portman road..luckily the Fulham player didn’t react otherwise it could have turned into a difficult situation….
life ban… on 23:01 - Nov 1 with 3270 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

life ban… on 22:55 - Nov 1 by witchdoctor

fulham player whacked the ball into the stand and his momentum took him to to the wall and a fella grabbed hold of him and was halfway over the wall but thought better of it..he then sat down and a couple of itfc bods tried to restrain him but he evaded them and was last seen legging down an exit toward portman road..luckily the Fulham player didn’t react otherwise it could have turned into a difficult situation….

Why, just why? It wasn't even if Fulham were cheating, they were yards better than us, no complaints, why get so heated?
life ban… on 23:11 - Nov 1 with 3174 viewstomo

life ban… on 22:53 - Nov 1 by ITFC_Forever

Half term was last week.

But yes, there were a large number of absolute weapons there tonight. Cup games always brings them out.

15 minutes to get through the turnstiles as people were faffing around with their tickets. Stewards were searching on the way in saw plenty of people get cans taken off them and one fella who tried to walk in with a six pack ffs.
Login to get fewer ads

life ban… on 23:21 - Nov 1 with 3092 viewsSimonds92

life ban… on 23:01 - Nov 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Why, just why? It wasn't even if Fulham were cheating, they were yards better than us, no complaints, why get so heated?

From where i was, relatively close by in SBR, it almost looked as if he was like jokingly giving that kind of macho tickle (i literally dont know what else to call it). I dont think he was like doing anything aggressive, however, very weird behaviour to think that's an acceptable thing to do.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 23:30]
life ban… on 23:51 - Nov 1 with 2931 viewsMeadowlark

life ban… on 23:01 - Nov 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

They were cheating though. To
I'm not saying that they weren't tons better than us, and I'm not saying that it justifies fans being dicks, but they were cheating nevertheless. A more mature referee might have done something about it, but our players are sometimes a bit naive too. They are just too nice sometimes.
Examples:
1.Time wasting by feigning injury.(I know everyone does it).
2. Standing over the ball when a free kick is awarded to prevent it going forward or being taken quickly.
3. Waving to the ref to stop the game when we are in possession and breaking forward, because they believed the Ipswich defender who had just dispossessed
them was mortally wounded. (There was nothing wrong with him)
life ban… on 00:19 - Nov 2 with 2806 viewsCoastalblue

life ban… on 23:51 - Nov 1 by Meadowlark

I'm not saying that they weren't tons better than us, and I'm not saying that it justifies fans being dicks, but they were cheating nevertheless. A more mature referee might have done something about it, but our players are sometimes a bit naive too. They are just too nice sometimes.
Examples:
2. Standing over the ball when a free kick is awarded to prevent it going forward or being taken quickly.
3. Waving to the ref to stop the game when we are in possession and breaking forward, because they believed the Ipswich defender who had just dispossessed

Number 2 is my absolute worst hate with football, it never gets punished and hasn't for years. Free kick, retreat 10 yars or get booked, don't stand over the bl00dy ball.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

life ban… on 01:08 - Nov 2 with 2614 viewshoppy

life ban… on 22:54 - Nov 1 by SitfcB

Usual part timers for a cup game.

Yeah, we had some right dodgy sorts near us tonight…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

life ban… on 01:32 - Nov 2 with 2580 viewsStenvict

Examples:

Tom Cairney nailed the timewasting near the end when they got a corner. He did that slow jog, then when the ref looked away, he started the walk, whilst looking at the ref. The minute the ref looked back at him, he did the slow jog again. The game was done by this point anyway, so I found it quite amusing.

Poll: What will be announced first?

life ban… on 07:57 - Nov 2 with 2118 viewsSitfcB

life ban… on 01:08 - Nov 2 by hoppy

Yeah, we had some right dodgy sorts near us tonight…

COYB

life ban… on 08:03 - Nov 2 with 2085 viewstextbackup

I might be wrong, but he looked remarkably like the bloke that pushed Walton on the pitch at Charlton away a couple of seasons back

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

life ban… on 08:10 - Nov 2 with 2043 viewsGeoffSentence

life ban… on 23:11 - Nov 1 by tomo

15 minutes to get through the turnstiles as people were faffing around with their tickets. Stewards were searching on the way in saw plenty of people get cans taken off them and one fella who tried to walk in with a six pack ffs.

Cup games annoy me in that respect. Because it's tickets rather than season tickets it takes longer to get people through. Twenty minutes into the game there were still taking up their seats in the SARL. Very distracting.

Then you get about ten minutes before the early plssers get up to go to the loo.

Then when they get back, it's the people who want to beat the queue for a pie or whatever at half time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

life ban… on 08:41 - Nov 2 with 1911 viewsbluelagos

life ban… on 08:10 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

Cup games annoy me in that respect. Because it's tickets rather than season tickets it takes longer to get people through. Twenty minutes into the game there were still taking up their seats in the SARL. Very distracting.

Then you get about ten minutes before the early plssers get up to go to the loo.

Then when they get back, it's the people who want to beat the queue for a pie or whatever at half time.

Pie etiquette needs further discussion for sure. Was held up getting in so no prematch pie for yours truly last night.

Not to be denied - when they scored I dashed down for a pie thus minimising pie distruption of those sitting around me. Yet why was no one else was there? So much "me me me" in modern society.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

life ban… on 10:57 - Nov 2 with 1617 viewsBluefields

life ban… on 00:19 - Nov 2 by Coastalblue

Number 2 is my absolute worst hate with football, it never gets punished and hasn't for years. Free kick, retreat 10 yars or get booked, don't stand over the bl00dy ball.

Every side does this though and would be slaughtered by their coach if they didnt. Its standard to stand in front whilst retreating as slow as possible.
life ban… on 11:10 - Nov 2 with 1543 viewsGeoffSentence

Examples:

Add to that one player sauntering over to take a set piece before deciding another should take it and that player then sauntering over.

Or the nob who sauntered over to take a corner by the SARL and got to the corner flag and feigned surprise that the ball he had walked past was not at the corner by magic and then had to saunter back to get it.

Or the bloke he took up position to take a free kick, stopped play do his laces up, then got up and sauntered off, for the keeper to saunter up to take it.

Sauntering was their thing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024