Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news (Football wise) 17:14 - Oct 20 with 2058 viewsNeedhamChris

I'm reasonably content that's off - would much rather play them in less extreme conditions and not desperate for another game forced through to the end (a la Oxford away).

However - a bitter one for those who have made the journey made far worse by the way it's been handled. Safe trip back all.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Good news (Football wise) on 17:15 - Oct 20 with 2031 viewsgainsboroughblue

Agreed in that context. I've feared the conditions all week. Also gives Burns etc more recovery/training time.

I'm just so p**** off for our fans who have made a dangerous journey based on Rotherham's 'nothing to see here' attitude this morning.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Good news (Football wise) on 17:22 - Oct 20 with 1966 viewsNeedhamChris

Good news (Football wise) on 17:15 - Oct 20 by gainsboroughblue

Agreed in that context. I've feared the conditions all week. Also gives Burns etc more recovery/training time.

I'm just so p**** off for our fans who have made a dangerous journey based on Rotherham's 'nothing to see here' attitude this morning.

Yep, with you there.

Good news (Football wise) on 17:23 - Oct 20 with 1962 viewsTrequartista

Will the game be re-scheduled or do we just get 1 point each? Asking for a recently retired Scottish referee.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Good news (Football wise) on 17:24 - Oct 20 with 1932 viewsgainsboroughblue

Good news (Football wise) on 17:23 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

Will the game be re-scheduled or do we just get 1 point each? Asking for a recently retired Scottish referee.

6 mins each way on FIFA 24 in two weeks.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Good news (Football wise) on 17:25 - Oct 20 with 1925 viewsExiled2Surrey

Good news (Football wise) on 17:15 - Oct 20 by gainsboroughblue

But we don't get to go top of the league :(
Good news (Football wise) on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 1864 viewsVaughan8

If assuming we are still as good as we are currently then agreed.

Just hope it's not rescheduled when we dip a bit of form (I'm sure we will at some point) or are missing some players, but not much we can do.
Good news (Football wise) on 17:40 - Oct 20 with 1803 viewsExiled2Surrey

Good news (Football wise) on 17:27 - Oct 20 by Vaughan8

If assuming we are still as good as we are currently then agreed.

Just hope it's not rescheduled when we dip a bit of form (I'm sure we will at some point) or are missing some players, but not much we can do.

Its Rotherham - if we are dipping in form at the time, it is a good chance to get back on track
Good news (Football wise) on 17:40 - Oct 20 with 1810 viewsburnbudgiesburn

On the flip side they were struggling for defenders who may be fit when the fixture is fulfilled. And it adds a northern journey to fixture congestion later on.

I think on balance you're right though, i'd prefer to take my chances against a better Rotherham XI in better conditions.
Login to get fewer ads

Good news (Football wise) on 17:41 - Oct 20 with 1789 viewsTresBonne

Gonna hazard a guess for the 4th December, Tuesday night. Not great for congestion around that period but it's the only free Tuesday we have in a while.
Good news (Football wise) on 17:43 - Oct 20 with 1753 viewsportmanking

I think it's a real shame. We could've made a statement and gone top tonight.

We were very capable of beating this lot no matter what the conditions.

Now we'll end up either having another game in December or maybe squeezing it in through March.
Good news (Football wise) on 17:52 - Oct 20 with 1674 viewsRyorry

Good news (Football wise) on 17:40 - Oct 20 by burnbudgiesburn

On the flip side they were struggling for defenders who may be fit when the fixture is fulfilled. And it adds a northern journey to fixture congestion later on.

I think on balance you're right though, i'd prefer to take my chances against a better Rotherham XI in better conditions.

What's so annoying though is that the game would have been played tomorrow if it weren't for bloody Sky

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Good news (Football wise) on 17:52 - Oct 20 with 1671 viewsChurchman

Good news (Football wise) on 17:40 - Oct 20 by burnbudgiesburn

Who knows. Hopefully we will have enough, whenever the game is played.
Good news (Football wise) on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 1615 viewsExiled2Surrey

Good news (Football wise) on 17:43 - Oct 20 by portmanking

I think it's a real shame. We could've made a statement and gone top tonight.

We were very capable of beating this lot no matter what the conditions.

Now we'll end up either having another game in December or maybe squeezing it in through March.

And Leicester will have played two games by the time we next kick a ball - could be 8 points clear...

But we will go into our second game of the three game week, which is meant to be the toughest, super fresh

Swings and roundabouts
Good news (Football wise) on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 1593 viewsportmanking

Good news (Football wise) on 18:00 - Oct 20 by Exiled2Surrey

And Leicester will have played two games by the time we next kick a ball - could be 8 points clear...

But we will go into our second game of the three game week, which is meant to be the toughest, super fresh

Swings and roundabouts

Rotherham away will be a gimme for most of the teams in the top 6 this season. It was a great opportunity to put even more early daylight between us and 3rd.

Now we've got Bristol City on Tuesday which will be a much tougher test than those tinpot Millers with a new ground built on a flood plain. Northern monkeys...
Good news (Football wise) on 18:06 - Oct 20 with 1578 viewsronnyd

Good news (Football wise) on 18:00 - Oct 20 by Exiled2Surrey

Swings and roundabouts

No need to worry about Leicester, second place gets us up.
Good news (Football wise) on 18:20 - Oct 20 with 1519 viewsNeedhamChris

Good news (Football wise) on 18:05 - Oct 20 by portmanking

Rotherham away will be a gimme for most of the teams in the top 6 this season. It was a great opportunity to put even more early daylight between us and 3rd.

Now we've got Bristol City on Tuesday which will be a much tougher test than those tinpot Millers with a new ground built on a flood plain. Northern monkeys...

Or alternatively it was a risky game in conditions that would have massively levelled up a game that would normally (by some) be referred to as a gimme.

Good news (Football wise) on 18:23 - Oct 20 with 1503 viewsronnyd

ITV Anglia news still think the game is on.
Good news (Football wise) on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 1497 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d have liked to have got this one out of the way if it was at all doable. We were well-rested, would have been well-prepared, ready to go and already up there. It just wastes mental and physical effort and now becomes a fixture backlog to be played at a time when games will be more congested.

It is what it is though, and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good news (Football wise) on 18:28 - Oct 20 with 1462 viewsronnyd

ITV news just announced it's off @18.25. Bit late.
Good news (Football wise) on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 1440 viewscarlo88

I was surprised how annoyed/upset I was about tonight, I was really looking forward to watching the game and potentially going top.

Amazing how emotionally invested I am this season, it's almost stressful!
Good news (Football wise) on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 1327 viewspeterleeblue

Good news (Football wise) on 18:24 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

I’d have liked to have got this one out of the way if it was at all doable. We were well-rested, would have been well-prepared, ready to go and already up there. It just wastes mental and physical effort and now becomes a fixture backlog to be played at a time when games will be more congested.

It is what it is though, and all that.

In other seasons we would like at this as a possible derailment. Super Kieran McKenna won't let that happen.
Good news (Football wise) on 19:27 - Oct 20 with 1273 viewswellsy700

Will be interesting to see when this game is rescheduled for, potentially November 7th or December 5th? I'd rather it was in November as the December fixtures already look very congested

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Good news (Football wise) on 12:10 - Oct 21 with 946 viewsBluespeed225

Good news (Football wise) on 19:27 - Oct 20 by wellsy700

Will be interesting to see when this game is rescheduled for, potentially November 7th or December 5th? I'd rather it was in November as the December fixtures already look very congested

Shame, but there we have it. However congested December looks, I think our lads can't wait to play matches at the moment , so bring the games on, better than training to most players, we have a squad depth now, I reckon we'll fly! If we stutter over Christmas again I'll hold me hands up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024