Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it starts 09:24 - Oct 9 with 10584 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

And so it starts on 09:45 - Oct 9 with 5715 viewsJ2BLUE

Disgusting. Imagine being that stupid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

And so it starts on 09:56 - Oct 9 with 5634 viewsGlasgowBlue

And so it starts on 09:45 - Oct 9 by J2BLUE

Disgusting. Imagine being that stupid.

Imagine being Jewish and living in London, Manchester and Brighton at the moment.

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 10:08 - Oct 9 with 5537 viewsDJR

Absolutely awful.
And so it starts on 10:17 - Oct 9 with 5464 viewsGlasgowBlue

And so it starts on 10:08 - Oct 9 by DJR

Absolutely awful.

The Campaign Against Antisemitism was set up in 2014 as a response to the increased attacks against the British Jewish community in the aftermath of the conflict between Israel and Palestine in the same year.

Things are going to get very scary from them as this escalates

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 10:22 - Oct 9 with 5416 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible. This whole situation is nightmarish right now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

And so it starts on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 5386 viewsDJR

And so it starts on 10:17 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

The Campaign Against Antisemitism was set up in 2014 as a response to the increased attacks against the British Jewish community in the aftermath of the conflict between Israel and Palestine in the same year.

Things are going to get very scary from them as this escalates

Yes, and from recollection I gave a £50 donation to it when it was being formed. Indeed, given it was an organisation aimed at the Jewish community, I remember asking if they were happy to receive donations from a non-Jewish person like myself.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 10:30]
And so it starts on 08:04 - Oct 10 with 4946 viewsBlueOura

Horrendous. The Stupidity of the human race never ceases to amaze me.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 11:16]
And so it starts on 10:27 - Oct 10 with 4791 viewsJohnTy

And so it starts on 08:04 - Oct 10 by BlueOura

Some members of the Jewish-Muslim communities in Manchester are trying to combat this.

https://www.muslimjewish.org.uk/

But the situation in the Middle East is not the sole source of the problem. The Jewish community in North Manchester is very visible because of the mode of dress many of them chose. This attracts far right extremists not only from Greater Manchester.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 10:28]
Login to get fewer ads

And so it starts on 10:57 - Oct 10 with 4708 viewsMattinLondon

And so it starts on 10:27 - Oct 10 by JohnTy

Some members of the Jewish-Muslim communities in Manchester are trying to combat this.

But the situation in the Middle East is not the sole source of the problem. The Jewish community in North Manchester is very visible because of the mode of dress many of them chose. This attracts far right extremists not only from Greater Manchester.

You may want to edit your last paragraph as it sounds like you’re saying that minorities shouldn’t dress how they want or feel simply because of small minded bigots.
And so it starts on 11:21 - Oct 10 with 4650 viewsbaxterbasics

It's a reminder that this is not your standard territorial dispute, civil war., or minority uprising. It's a religious conflict. I'd bet most of those vandalising / celebrating / showing support for the Palestinian side do not even have any direct connection with Palestine beyond their religious affiliation. The one world religion which still to an extent acts like a hive-mind.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

And so it starts on 11:22 - Oct 10 with 4643 viewsDinDjarin

I would not be so convinced this is the work of right wing extremists.
And so it starts on 11:35 - Oct 10 with 4587 viewscordonblue

I suspect there are going to be a lot of scary incidents like this in the coming weeks as tensions escalate even more.

In this instance it has been determined that the picture of the shop in the post did not constitute a hate crime and was in fact a burglary, the tweet has been taken down.
And so it starts on 12:02 - Oct 10 with 4507 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m not aware of any right wing extremists who spray paint “Free Palestine” on Jewish businesses after vandalising them.

Let’s call this out for what it is.

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 12:06 - Oct 10 with 4481 viewsGlasgowBlue

And so it starts on 10:57 - Oct 10 by MattinLondon

You may want to edit your last paragraph as it sounds like you’re saying that minorities shouldn’t dress how they want or feel simply because of small minded bigots.

Sadly, Jewish schools are now having to advise their pupils to do just that.

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 12:13 - Oct 10 with 4447 viewsgiant_stow

And so it starts on 12:06 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

Sadly, Jewish schools are now having to advise their pupils to do just that.

I haven't driven through Stamford Hill or clapton since this kicked off, but any money the bouncers are back on the doors of community buildings.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

And so it starts on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 4387 viewsFranzgumm

Some excellent (as in disgusting) politicisation of an absolutely appalling human tragedy on this thread.

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

And so it starts on 12:56 - Oct 10 with 4288 viewsDJR

And so it starts on 12:13 - Oct 10 by giant_stow

I haven't driven through Stamford Hill or clapton since this kicked off, but any money the bouncers are back on the doors of community buildings.

The irony is that the largest Charedi community in the UK is in Stamford Hill, a minority of whom are anti-Zionist and many of the rest of whom are not especially supportive of Israel, but sadly, despite their ambivalence to Israel, they get it in the neck more than other members of the Jewish community because of their visibility.

Here's an interesting article on this community when it comes to antisemitism.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/anti-semitism-and-the-uk-haredi-jewish-community

I would just conclude by saying that this part of the IHRA definition of antisemitism is spot on by including as an example

"Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel."
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 13:09]
And so it starts on 13:01 - Oct 10 with 4236 viewsSwansea_Blue

And so it starts on 08:04 - Oct 10 by BlueOura

I genuinely don’t understand people. Even if you believe innocent Palastinians have been horrifically treated by the Israeli state (which they have), what the heck’s it got to do with someone who owns a cafe in the UK?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

And so it starts on 13:20 - Oct 10 with 4137 viewsGlasgowBlue

And so it starts on 13:01 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

I genuinely don’t understand people. Even if you believe innocent Palastinians have been horrifically treated by the Israeli state (which they have), what the heck’s it got to do with someone who owns a cafe in the UK?

It’s called antisemitism. You may have seen me post about on here once or twice.

When Jews have been abused and attacked or discriminated against we have been told that responding to such attacks is trying to shout down support for Palestinians or being run by the Usrael lobby. Which has now been shown up as total bollox. I am so angry that this narrative has been allowed to fester.

DJR called it in the post above. Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 13:30]

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 13:44 - Oct 10 with 4047 viewsDarth_Koont

And so it starts on 13:20 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

It’s called antisemitism. You may have seen me post about on here once or twice.

When Jews have been abused and attacked or discriminated against we have been told that responding to such attacks is trying to shout down support for Palestinians or being run by the Usrael lobby. Which has now been shown up as total bollox. I am so angry that this narrative has been allowed to fester.

DJR called it in the post above. Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel.

“When Jews have been abused and attacked or discriminated against we have been told that responding to such attacks is trying to shout down support for Palestinians or being run by the Usrael lobby. Which has now been shown up as total bollox. I am so angry that this narrative has been allowed to fester.”

When has that happened? I’ve never heard about this, never mind that it’s supposedly the narrative.

Pronouns: He/Him

And so it starts on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 3979 viewsGlasgowBlue

And so it starts on 13:44 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

“When Jews have been abused and attacked or discriminated against we have been told that responding to such attacks is trying to shout down support for Palestinians or being run by the Usrael lobby. Which has now been shown up as total bollox. I am so angry that this narrative has been allowed to fester.”

When has that happened? I’ve never heard about this, never mind that it’s supposedly the narrative.

This is what you said about people that spoke out against lived antisemitism.

“ apartheid apologisers and antisemitism weaponisers. Like Alex Hearn you've gone with here. Or the Jewish Chronicle, JLM, LAAS, David Collier / GnasherJew, the BoD, Margaret Hodge, now Keir Starmer ... the list goes on.”
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 14:14]

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 14:23 - Oct 10 with 3935 viewsDarth_Koont

And so it starts on 14:12 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

This is what you said about people that spoke out against lived antisemitism.

“ apartheid apologisers and antisemitism weaponisers. Like Alex Hearn you've gone with here. Or the Jewish Chronicle, JLM, LAAS, David Collier / GnasherJew, the BoD, Margaret Hodge, now Keir Starmer ... the list goes on.”
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 14:14]

Whoa! I never said that about their lived antisemitism.

I said that about their weaponised allegations about levels of antisemitism within Labour, the leadership and how the leadership were/weren’t dealing with the issue/handling the complaints which were provably boll*cks.

FFS.

Pronouns: He/Him

[Redacted] on 14:29 - Oct 10 with 3903 viewsvictorywilhappen

And so it starts on 13:20 - Oct 10 by GlasgowBlue

[Redacted]
And so it starts on 15:02 - Oct 10 with 3796 viewsGlasgowBlue

[Redacted] on 14:29 - Oct 10 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

At some of these protests they have been glorifying the events of the weekend. Glorifying this. I am so angry.

Iron Lion Zion

And so it starts on 15:33 - Oct 10 with 3701 viewsblueasfook

And so it starts on 14:23 - Oct 10 by Darth_Koont

Whoa! I never said that about their lived antisemitism.

I said that about their weaponised allegations about levels of antisemitism within Labour, the leadership and how the leadership were/weren’t dealing with the issue/handling the complaints which were provably boll*cks.

FFS.

Have we got the original thread to see what context these comments were made in?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024