Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their keeper 08:09 - Aug 13 with 3824 viewsRIPbobby

Had a very good game. His hands were superb and did a rare thing and held lots of our strikes. Most impressed.

Him and the ref kept them in the match a lot longer than they should have been.
Their keeper on 08:21 - Aug 13 with 3712 viewsfranz_tyson

Did he pull off any wonder saves? Don't think so.

Apart from the not issuing of yellows to them and the two to us for time-wasting - did the ref influence the match that much? Not really. We dominated the game but not sure we had that many gilt-edged chances. Maybe only 2 chances in which we scored.A lot of shooting half-chances where maybe we would expect someone like Chaplin to do better. I think it's going to be a lot harder to get away from teams this year. Hence, the defence have to be on point all game.
Their keeper on 08:25 - Aug 13 with 3666 viewsBlueNomad

He is a proven keeper at Premier League and Championship level. Still young too. I was surprised he was let out on loan.
Their keeper on 08:29 - Aug 13 with 3618 viewsWickets

Their keeper on 08:21 - Aug 13 by franz_tyson

Apart from the not issuing of yellows to them and the two to us for time-wasting - did the ref influence the match that much? Not really. We dominated the game but not sure we had that many gilt-edged chances. Maybe only 2 chances in which we scored.A lot of shooting half-chances where maybe we would expect someone like Chaplin to do better. I think it's going to be a lot harder to get away from teams this year. Hence, the defence have to be on point all game.

To be fair to Chaplin they defended pretty well against our pull back tactic to the number 10's he was given little space being closed down by a couple of defenders every time we broke wide .
Their keeper on 08:33 - Aug 13 with 3562 viewsKeno

I thought he shows great posture and presence when he picked the ball out the net …… twice

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Their keeper on 08:36 - Aug 13 with 3547 viewsPaphosBlue

Generally agree with you but I thought that on 3-4 occasions when we had a good break a Stoke player committed a foul "which interferes with or stops a promising attack" which according to the laws of the game should have been a yellow card. That said later in the game having been booked they may not have committed such a foul or have been sent off. Ironically Morsy committed such a foul later in the game and got booked
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 8:52]

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Their keeper on 08:47 - Aug 13 with 3489 viewsHerbivore

Their keeper on 08:36 - Aug 13 by PaphosBlue

Generally agree with you but I thought that on 3-4 occasions when we had a good break a Stoke player committed a foul "which interferes with or stops a promising attack" which according to the laws of the game should have been a yellow card. That said later in the game having been booked they may not have committed such a foul or have been sent off. Ironically Morsy committed such a foul later in the game and got booked

Precisely this. There were three or four occasions at least where they committed tactical fouls to stop us breaking and being three on three, and they went without a booking. Morsy did similar and got a yellow. The two yellows for time wasting were borderline at best. At times first half they were taking just as long over goal kicks and throw ins to try and slow our momentum and the ref didn't even have a word.

Have to say, Stoke largely defended well. They managed to get a lot of blocks in and rarely lost their runners. Despite that, we were still able to create lots of opportunities and on another day we might have had 3 or 4.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Their keeper on 09:01 - Aug 13 with 3369 viewsITFCBlues

Probably at fault for the first goal, should've been coming out and claiming that

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Their keeper on 09:08 - Aug 13 with 3315 viewsBloomBlue

Made a good save very early from Burns, and I've not seen the highlights yet but watching it live I thought he could have done better for our first goal.
The ball was floated in, giving a GK the chance to attack it. If it had been scored against us I would have been disappointed the GK didn't attack it and thump it away - although once I watch the highlights I might have a different opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Their keeper on 09:17 - Aug 13 with 3249 viewsUSA

We did have 22 shots
Their keeper on 09:17 - Aug 13 with 3249 viewsPaphosBlue

Their keeper on 09:08 - Aug 13 by BloomBlue

Made a good save very early from Burns, and I've not seen the highlights yet but watching it live I thought he could have done better for our first goal.
The ball was floated in, giving a GK the chance to attack it. If it had been scored against us I would have been disappointed the GK didn't attack it and thump it away - although once I watch the highlights I might have a different opinion.

Lot of comment on TownTV that he started to come for the cross then changed his mind (fatal) which meant he was unable to reset his position for the Woolfy header

Their keeper on 09:32 - Aug 13 with 3146 viewsDubtractor

Their keeper on 09:08 - Aug 13 by BloomBlue

I thought that at the time, but watching back I think it was just too far out to claim.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Their keeper on 09:56 - Aug 13 with 3038 viewsSimonds92

Ben Wilmot was their best player imo. Absolutely fantastic I thought and we would have been out of sight if he wasn't there on a number of occasions. I imagine he's out of our price range currently, but when we undoubtedly get promoted this season we should look to bring him in.
Their keeper on 10:36 - Aug 13 with 2904 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The save that he made from Omari was outstanding. Not just the save but to hold it was brilliant.

That save in the first couple of minutes wasn’t too shabby either.

Thought he might have done better with the first goal.

Poll: Our final position

Their keeper on 14:24 - Aug 13 with 2652 viewsRIPbobby

Sorry that I have to explain how football works, but it seems you need help understanding a match.

Ok on numerous times when our player got past one of theirs they did what used to be called a professional foul and thus stopped the breakaway and a good scoring chance. If the referee doesn't book them or worse then they keep doing it. Hence they did. I think there may have been 4 or 5 pro fouls in the first 45 alone. So essentially the ref gave them constant free hits at pro fouls. Once one of them is on a yellow then they are much less likely to do it.

If you need any further help, just ask.
Their keeper on 14:50 - Aug 13 with 2576 viewsBent_double

Their keeper on 08:36 - Aug 13 by PaphosBlue

How bad was that Morsy foul? I was listening to the commentary and they said it was a nasty one at the time, I was even expecting a red card, obviously ref gave a yellow, but was it a borderline red?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Their keeper on 14:54 - Aug 13 with 2557 viewsfranz_tyson

Their keeper on 14:24 - Aug 13 by RIPbobby

Sorry that I have to explain how football works, but it seems you need help understanding a match.

Ok on numerous times when our player got past one of theirs they did what used to be called a professional foul and thus stopped the breakaway and a good scoring chance. If the referee doesn't book them or worse then they keep doing it. Hence they did. I think there may have been 4 or 5 pro fouls in the first 45 alone. So essentially the ref gave them constant free hits at pro fouls. Once one of them is on a yellow then they are much less likely to do it.

If you need any further help, just ask.

Grow up you, little baby. Someone didn't quite agree with you - either partially or completely. It happens.

I truly didn't think their goalie had an amazing match. It wasn't like he was pulling of wonder saves. They were regulation or just good saves. It wasn't like he was keeping them in the match.

If you think that ref was bad... go back a few months to League One. Then you see poor match defining decisions given.... poor penalty decisions, offside goals, etc.
He should have given a couple of yellows,( I said so originally), but there was no really bad decisions which really gave them a soft penalty or a one man advantage or an offside goal. I'll take that any day if we've got players who just get on with it and don't blubber like some entitled brat fans like yourself. If dishing out a few yellows equates to losing a couple of goals then why didn't we concede a couple of goals as we had a few players on yellows? We didn't.

Another thing ... matches get spoilt by too many bookings and harsh sendings off. I'd rather he was too lenient than punishing everything. He didn't affect the match that much.
Anyway, thanks for your football lesson. It was an honour.
Their keeper on 17:54 - Aug 13 with 2317 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

He may have made some decent saves, but he was woeful on receiving the backpass under pressure. Every time it was passed back, our front players pressed him and he messed the kick up, literally every time. Hladky and Christian miles better on playing the sweeper-keeper.

Poll: would you rather

Their keeper on 09:50 - Aug 14 with 1853 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Their keeper on 09:56 - Aug 13 by Simonds92

Ben Wilmot was their best player imo. Absolutely fantastic I thought and we would have been out of sight if he wasn't there on a number of occasions. I imagine he's out of our price range currently, but when we undoubtedly get promoted this season we should look to bring him in.

I totally agree with this. He had a superb game.
Their keeper on 10:14 - Aug 14 with 1755 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Think I disagree with you on everything here.

I agree with the others that their keeper played very well. Twice in the thread you've said he didn't pull off any wonder saves, but nobody suggested he did. He did, however, pull of several very decent saves and also, importantly, held them, as others have said. This prevents goals in itself.

Of course not giving obvious yellows for professional fouls influences the game. Otherwise they wouldn't (normally) be yellow card offences! Not to mention it dissuades from further offences.

I also think it's a bit dismissive to call our many chances half chances. The only 2 decent ones are the ones we scored?! That's just nonsense.

EDIT: Just seen their keeper was named in the EFL team of the week.
The case for the Stoke keeper being very good rests, m'lud.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 12:19]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Their keeper on 12:16 - Aug 14 with 1564 viewsitfcserbia

How is not issuing yellow cards not influencing the game? If you watched the Sunderland game then, their player would not receive the second yellow at any point?

And just because he was better than most in League 1 does not mean the ref was particularly good on Saturday. He was just less bad.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Their keeper on 12:22 - Aug 14 with 1541 viewsbournemouthblue

Their keeper on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Bent_double

How bad was that Morsy foul? I was listening to the commentary and they said it was a nasty one at the time, I was even expecting a red card, obviously ref gave a yellow, but was it a borderline red?

I don't think so, it was very much needed though as we had given it away cheaply in a dangerous area

Stoke got away with similar, countless times frankly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Their keeper on 12:58 - Aug 14 with 1461 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Their keeper on 14:50 - Aug 13 by Bent_double

A yellow in any game last season, unless the referee was deliberately looking to "make their mark" by dishing a red.

But the ref on Saturday didn't book Stoke players on what felt like half a dozen occasions for a series of fouls which were mostly designed to stop breaking players.

So, in the context of the match, harsh on Morsy, or at least inconsistent. In the context of Morsy's career: a bog standard yellow to add to the scrapbook!
Their keeper on 10:13 - Aug 15 with 1232 viewsPaphosBlue

Their keeper on 12:58 - Aug 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

A yellow in any game last season, unless the referee was deliberately looking to "make their mark" by dishing a red.

But the ref on Saturday didn't book Stoke players on what felt like half a dozen occasions for a series of fouls which were mostly designed to stop breaking players.

So, in the context of the match, harsh on Morsy, or at least inconsistent. In the context of Morsy's career: a bog standard yellow to add to the scrapbook!

I think Morsy "got away with one" just prior to the "challenge" he was booked for so it seemed like an appropriate response to get a yellow but disappointing given that Stoke "professional fouls" went unpunished for the duration of the game and top of that we got two bookings for debatable time wasting. I cannot see how it can be considered time wasting if you are taking no longer than the opposition!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 10:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024