Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday 08:22 - Aug 7 with 830 viewsGeoffSentence

Wiping out Hirst from behind as he was about to shoot, should not only been a clear penalty but also clearly a DOGSO.

He should have walked

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:26 - Aug 7 with 777 viewsFtnfwest

Still can't believe that, particularly given the ref's position. I wonder if they really do think about 'evening things up' although i thought their incident with JD was far more debatable. First time i've seen Kieran lose it a bit as well, but not surprised.
Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:38 - Aug 7 with 686 viewsfranz_tyson

Should have taken the dogso for a walk.

Yes, he was lucky - but Donacien was also a bit lucky in the first half. Thought that would be given as a pen. They often do. Ballards was a stonewall pen and Donaciens only borderline - but they still both count as pens.
At 2-0 up against ten men we should have played out the game more easily and then we wouldn't be talking about ref's decisions against us. Think we also had our share of luck which I'll happily take.
Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:45 - Aug 7 with 610 viewsGuthrum

Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:38 - Aug 7 by franz_tyson

Yes, he was lucky - but Donacien was also a bit lucky in the first half. Thought that would be given as a pen. They often do. Ballards was a stonewall pen and Donaciens only borderline - but they still both count as pens.
At 2-0 up against ten men we should have played out the game more easily and then we wouldn't be talking about ref's decisions against us. Think we also had our share of luck which I'll happily take.

However, Sunderland really did raise their intensity quite a lot after the sending off. The oft-quoted "ten man effect". It's not like a well-organised team will suddenly leave a lot of space to run into.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:48 - Aug 7 with 580 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah, I think JD should probably have had a penalty awarded against him too. Not a clearing goal scoring chance in that case though. Ballard flattening Hirst from behind was, should have been a penalty AND a sending off. That was the point.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ballard was a lucky boy yeterday on 08:50 - Aug 7 with 567 viewsHerbivore

I said yesterday that I don't think VAR would overturn the ref's decision on the Donacien one, it's a borderline decision as to whether it's shoulder to shoulder or illegal contact. The Ballard one, however, is both a stonewall penalty and a red card. He went through the back of Hurst and cleared him out as he was about to pull the trigger. VAR would absolutely have intervened on that one, so I don't think the two incidents are really comparable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024