Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff 15:27 - Aug 1 with 1272 viewsMullet

Any suggestions? Or are they a waste of time and money?

I'm changing my car tomorrow and it prompted me that I've never used a wheel lock before but it might be worth looking at.

Also, if any TWTD petrolheads have any strong feelings on kit to clean your car with I'm all ears. Given my kids are at an age where they'll wreck the thing in moments with marks and mud is there any good stuff to keep inside and out clean(ish)?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 1196 viewseireblue

All ears you say…

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 16:56 - Aug 1 with 1189 viewsChondzoresk

Cleaning stuff….you mean polish etc. Go for Meguiars. Huge product range. Excellent quality. I use Chemical Guys stuff too. A tad Expensive (eg Hydroview Glass Cleaner £28). Dodo juice do a good range. Worth looking on YouTube for help. Meguiars have their own channel.
Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 07:00 - Aug 2 with 1062 viewsBluespeed225

I used one of those big old Crook Loks, through the steering wheel for many years. I think the old school locks are making a comeback, too easy for thieves to overide electronic locks!
As for cleaning products, whatever the Afgan/Iraqi/Albanian guys are using.
Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 08:02 - Aug 2 with 1008 viewsElephantintheRoom

A steering wheel lock is a bit of a deterrent but is a faff. Useful if you’ve got an MGB or something but you’ll soon get fed up wit using it.

Cleaning. A dustpan and brush and a bucket and sponge. Kids and a dog easily defeat any vacuum known to mankind.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 08:25 - Aug 2 with 969 viewsRyorry

Dislok. Were designed originally for Landrovers but available in different sizes now. Said to be the best. Takes about 20 secs to put in place or remove, and you need to find somewhere to put it if you have a front seat passenger.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/disklok-steering-lock-silver-smal

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 08:33 - Aug 2 with 952 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Definitely recommend a steering lock as a visible deterrent. Faraday pouch or box essential since 90pc of thefts are relay without keys.

If a particularly attractive model for thieves a ghost tracker is a good idea, so it can be traced before being put in a container in Tilbury!
Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 901 viewsBloomBlue

Milenco steering wheel lock seem to be very popular.
Cleaning products I use is normally autoglym. Also don't ignore Turtle wax products often seen as the cheap end, but pound for pound invariably offer the best value

Faraday pouch is good, but criminals now have a new device which is targeting Japanese & Korean cars which allows them break into the car even if you're using a Faraday pouch. Which is why Lexus and Kia cars are rapidly heading up towards the top of the stolen car league table.
Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 880 viewsitfc56

I find these reviews authoritative and they seem genuinely independent
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-cleaning-kits
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-group-tests/95031/best-steering-wheel-lock
Login to get fewer ads

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 11:02 - Aug 2 with 836 viewswkj

Depends where you live I guess. I suspect most bandits who break into cars are after the contents rather than the car itself - so I question whether steering locks are worth anything other than showing the outside world that you value the car

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 792 viewsRyorry

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 11:02 - Aug 2 by wkj

Depends where you live I guess. I suspect most bandits who break into cars are after the contents rather than the car itself - so I question whether steering locks are worth anything other than showing the outside world that you value the car

Say "I've never owned a Landrover Defender or other sought-after vehicle" without saying "I've never owned a Landrover Defender or other sought-after vehicle" ...

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 13:10 - Aug 2 with 783 viewswkj

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 13:04 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

Say "I've never owned a Landrover Defender or other sought-after vehicle" without saying "I've never owned a Landrover Defender or other sought-after vehicle" ...

Many insurers require the higher end vehicles to have immobilisers and/or trackers before they will even issue a quote.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 757 viewsRyorry

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 13:10 - Aug 2 by wkj

Many insurers require the higher end vehicles to have immobilisers and/or trackers before they will even issue a quote.

I wasn't ever required to do so by mine, but Landrover Defenders bought for £2-5K which suddenly shot up to £10-20K in value because they stopped making them maybe weren't part of NFU's equation!

Steering wheel locks and cleaning stuff on 17:05 - Aug 2 with 708 viewsMullet

Cheers all - TWTD comes together with stunning results as per.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024