Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak 12:10 - Jul 31 with 2909 viewsElderGrizzly

This is what we have for the next 12 months. Lies playing to the gallery of ignorant, xenophobic and racist
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:30 - Jul 31 with 2446 viewsSaleAway

the worst thing about this Twitter rebranding, is that I ended up almost clicking on the X, to try and close that tweet !

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:34 - Jul 31 with 2420 viewslowhouseblue

and 12 months of people confusing "lies" and "things with which i disagree".

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 2361 viewsHARRY10

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:34 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

No. A lie is a lie irrespective of whether you agree with a claim

Unfortunately for this diminutive absurdity they will become ever more obvious, with the net effect of perhaps luring a few bigots back to the Tory Party and away from whatever business Farage is currently peddling.

And Friday's poll put Labour on 48 points, and the prime miniature's popularity sinking even further.

Maybe this idiot could come up with some sort of Zinoviev letter for the Mail to run.
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:44 - Jul 31 with 2364 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 2359 viewsElderGrizzly

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:34 - Jul 31 by lowhouseblue

The four labour “x” claims are lies.

It’s not an opinion or misunderstanding. It’s a lie.
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:52 - Jul 31 with 2313 viewslowhouseblue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 12:45 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

The four labour “x” claims are lies.

It’s not an opinion or misunderstanding. It’s a lie.

so labour banning new oil and gas licences is a lie?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 2256 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness, that’s probably only 7 lies. Labour have said they’ll stop new exploration licences, so that could well end up in their manifesto. Not that it’s particularly important - most N Sea oil and gas reserves yet to be extracted are in areas where licences are already secured. So this isn’t saying the same as saying stopping extraction from new sources (which is what we should actually be aiming for imo).

I’m thoroughly depressed with them choosing to use climate change to draw their battle lines (ULEZ, fossil fuels). It’s going to set us back years, especially in areas around the need to change behaviours.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:07 - Jul 31 with 2209 viewsNthQldITFC

If there's a future Nuremberg for Crimes against the Environment, that little scumbag will go down for life, at best.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2204 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep, the next year is going to be utterly abysmal and in places it'll make Johnson's stint look like an oasis of reasonableness. I'm actually quite scared because this lot will stop at nothing – and I probably do mean nothing – to stay in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2196 viewsSwansea_Blue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:07 - Jul 31 by NthQldITFC

If there's a future Nuremberg for Crimes against the Environment, that little scumbag will go down for life, at best.

That’s a bit harsh on EG. Probably fair though

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:09 - Jul 31 with 2188 viewslowhouseblue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:01 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness, that’s probably only 7 lies. Labour have said they’ll stop new exploration licences, so that could well end up in their manifesto. Not that it’s particularly important - most N Sea oil and gas reserves yet to be extracted are in areas where licences are already secured. So this isn’t saying the same as saying stopping extraction from new sources (which is what we should actually be aiming for imo).

I’m thoroughly depressed with them choosing to use climate change to draw their battle lines (ULEZ, fossil fuels). It’s going to set us back years, especially in areas around the need to change behaviours.

of the remaining 7, and using conventional logic and semantics, i would say:

that the tories will back new oil and gas licences is clearly true.
that labour will rely on 100% imports is clearly nonsense and there is no logical basis for it.
the other 5 are arguable assertions depending on how you interpret them.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 13:12]

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 2173 viewspointofblue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:01 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Six lies, as the Conservatives are backing new oil and gas licenses and the tweet says as much.

Not that that's a good thing. Protect the rich, screw the planet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:18 - Jul 31 with 2097 viewsHARRY10

It's worth noting the actual words of ridiculous rishi

"Licensing decisions are obviously made the normal way "

The thought there is that much of the oil is not cost effective to recover, so licences will not be applied for. It takes a fair while to get a new site up and running, and there is no certainty on price.

Also, if this liar had any concern about energy security his party would not have closed down the gas storage facility, and would not have derided wind/solar power

Other than cap doffing righties I doubt there is anyone fooled by this sudden concern for UK energy consumers., as it is obviously nothing more than another desperate attempt at vote retaining.

i think the recent fires in Greece have been a bit of a wake up call. Only a small bit, but the bigots are on the wrong side of history with this stuff.
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:29 - Jul 31 with 2051 viewsDarth_Koont

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:08 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

Yep, the next year is going to be utterly abysmal and in places it'll make Johnson's stint look like an oasis of reasonableness. I'm actually quite scared because this lot will stop at nothing – and I probably do mean nothing – to stay in.

Doesn’t really matter anyway.

Now Labour has been totally captured by the right-wingers, they are the same breed in terms of self-interest, desire to get paid and what passes for their policies/values.

Business as usual. And screw you if you don’t have a stake in that business.

Pronouns: He/Him

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 1970 viewsSomethingBlue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:29 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

Now Labour has been totally captured by the right-wingers, they are the same breed in terms of self-interest, desire to get paid and what passes for their policies/values.

I get that completely – but I'd rather have bad than terrifyingly bad, and for all the issues with Labour we both know which is which.

What a depressing sentence eh ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:57 - Jul 31 with 1929 viewsDarth_Koont

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:47 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

I get that completely – but I'd rather have bad than terrifyingly bad, and for all the issues with Labour we both know which is which.

Indeed. It’s a shyte state of affairs and no mistake.

But be wary of giving Labour some leeway based on their past. I’ve never seen a more authoritarian, anti-democratic and valueless project in mainstream politics nor a more untrustworthy leader. That won’t change in government once they’ve got power.

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:58 - Jul 31 with 1925 viewsSwansea_Blue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:47 - Jul 31 by SomethingBlue

It’s a Jewell or Hurst question, isn’t it?

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 1865 viewsHARRY10

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 13:29 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

No, that is just silly. Labour know full well the rightwing press will latch on to (make up) any thing they can to block progressive politics in the UK.

If you imagine what is being said now, represents what a future Labour government will do, then you are probably one of those the Mail will target.

Take a look at how the Telegraph is portraying efforts to deal with the housing shortage in S Wales.

Radical answers can wait until after the election and there is the power to implement them. As it stands the pro bigot vote is less than a third of the electorate. Not a position to whine against necessary reform. More so when 48% of the vote was referred to as a loss and those voters should just accept the 'swill of the people"'
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 1822 viewsDarth_Koont

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:06 - Jul 31 by HARRY10

No, that is just silly. Labour know full well the rightwing press will latch on to (make up) any thing they can to block progressive politics in the UK.

If you imagine what is being said now, represents what a future Labour government will do, then you are probably one of those the Mail will target.

Take a look at how the Telegraph is portraying efforts to deal with the housing shortage in S Wales.

Radical answers can wait until after the election and there is the power to implement them. As it stands the pro bigot vote is less than a third of the electorate. Not a position to whine against necessary reform. More so when 48% of the vote was referred to as a loss and those voters should just accept the 'swill of the people"'

“Radical answers can wait until after the election and there is the power to implement them.”

But there is nothing radical about Starmer, Reeves, Streeting, Cooper et al. Expecting some transformation once in power is a little delusional.

They are blockers of progressive politics and propper-uppers of the status quo — which is why the predominantly right-wing establishment and its pundits are giving them an easy ride.

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:47 - Jul 31 with 1736 viewsSwansea_Blue

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:21 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

“Radical answers can wait until after the election and there is the power to implement them.”

But there is nothing radical about Starmer, Reeves, Streeting, Cooper et al. Expecting some transformation once in power is a little delusional.

They are blockers of progressive politics and propper-uppers of the status quo — which is why the predominantly right-wing establishment and its pundits are giving them an easy ride.

My sister in law and husband were party members and active, and they're in exactly the same boat as you. They're damning of what happened at local level from Starmer's supporters. Obviously there are major issues and rifts in the party.

They're certainly 'establishment' and pro the current political and macro-economic system, so no I don't think we'll see a major shift. It'll be an improvement if they're more competent though. Look at the amount of waste Tory decisions and policy have caused. Brexit, £40BN lost tax income per year. Overpaying on borrowing £11BN. Levelling up - £1.9BN returned to the Treasury. Covid fraud not chased up - £4.5BN. Many £billions from Truss/Kwarteng debacle. Etc., etc.

It's not clear how much Truss really costs us, but all the above would have funded a substantial annual pay rise across the NHS for a government term (i.e. would get them all back on track to where they were 13 years ago, as the recent pay rise was an additional £4.5BN 'only' - a fraction of the Tory waste). There'd have been change left over to improve many other public services too.

Not that we'll see that level of spending from whoever comes in next of course - much of that mismanagement has now been baked in. Especially the economic cost of being out of the EU, the huge size of debt that's been run up and the damage to public services across the board requiring huge investment. That's going to hamstring whoever comes in I'd have thought.

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 1726 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s beyond parody. These are not serious people.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:57 - Jul 31 with 1712 viewsDJR

The Tories have always done this sort of thing,

They and the right wing press invented fake news decades before fake news became an expression.

The "Labour's tax bombshell" campaign ("you'll pay £1,250 more tax under Labour" when 8 in 10 people would actually be better off) springs to mind.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 15:56]
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 15:05 - Jul 31 with 1685 viewsDJR

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:21 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

Yep, if anyone is hoping for radicalism after the election, I think they'll be sadly disappointed.
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 15:08 - Jul 31 with 1658 viewsHARRY10

I am not expecting some transformation, just the chance to get on with progressive politics. That is not delusional, that is how it is.

You sound like one of these PR folk. Oblivious to reality.

Things have changed considerably since the days of Blair. Lies and misrepresentations are not only commonplace but accepted. Have a look at today's stories, then read how the rightwing press is spinning it - Sunak as the 'people's defender'. The upholder of freedom etc. And that is with Labour having this supposed right wing agenda you keep bleating about.

About time you grew out of student politics and saw what is actually happening. As it is actually going to get far worse, as the grim reality of the Tories face possible annihilation at the next GE. The last thing needed is some excuse for the right wing media to feast on

Odd how these supposed rrrr-revolutionaties always play into the hands of the right wing media.
8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 15:09 - Jul 31 with 1660 viewsHerbivore

8 lies in one tweet is quite the record for Sunak on 14:53 - Jul 31 by Illinoisblue

He’s beyond parody. These are not serious people.

What an absolute bellend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024