Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflation.... 07:37 - Jul 27 with 2486 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is handing out dividend payments to the already wealthy inflationary? Or is it just public sector pay that's a problem?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/27/british-gas-record-profit-price

'The UK’s biggest energy supplier reported profits of £969m for the first six months of 2023, up nearly 900% from £98m in the same period last year.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Inflation.... on 07:52 - Jul 27 with 1839 viewsDanTheMan

Immoral is the only way I can describe that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Inflation.... on 07:56 - Jul 27 with 1828 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation.... on 07:52 - Jul 27 by DanTheMan

Immoral is the only way I can describe that.

Life is becoming a slow motion mugging.

Inflation.... on 08:08 - Jul 27 with 1807 viewsibbleobble

Yawn. Another day and another Guardian post about a well trodden subject. Surely time would be spent better corralling efforts and mobilising people to be in a position to take advantage of a system-level crises to mass mobilise and seize power, either through elections or through an insurrectionary overthrow of the existing capitalist regime? Either that or planning and promoting better regulation and policy to put into action or maybe protesting or resisting capitalism through a unified approach to boycotting use or payment to energy suppliers? That is, if the anti-capitalist sentiment is really that strong on here.

Without it, this forum is just a dumping ground for middle aged men of the same demographic to moan about mainstream editorial with no sign of meaningful outcome. Where’s the sanity in that other than catharsis?
Inflation.... on 08:11 - Jul 27 with 1794 viewsHerbivore

Inflation.... on 08:08 - Jul 27 by ibbleobble

Yawn. Another day and another Guardian post about a well trodden subject. Surely time would be spent better corralling efforts and mobilising people to be in a position to take advantage of a system-level crises to mass mobilise and seize power, either through elections or through an insurrectionary overthrow of the existing capitalist regime? Either that or planning and promoting better regulation and policy to put into action or maybe protesting or resisting capitalism through a unified approach to boycotting use or payment to energy suppliers? That is, if the anti-capitalist sentiment is really that strong on here.

Without it, this forum is just a dumping ground for middle aged men of the same demographic to moan about mainstream editorial with no sign of meaningful outcome. Where’s the sanity in that other than catharsis?

In the 5 mins it took you to type that, you could have started the revolution. Be the change you want to see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Inflation.... on 08:13 - Jul 27 with 1789 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What else do you think I do once I get out of bed!

Inflation.... on 08:17 - Jul 27 with 1772 viewsBlueBadger

If it helps, the Daily Mail are also reporting that British Gas have made record profits again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11057077/Fury-British-Gas-owner-Centric

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Inflation.... on 08:17 - Jul 27 with 1767 viewsBlueBadger

Inflation.... on 08:11 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

In the 5 mins it took you to type that, you could have started the revolution. Be the change you want to see.

For someone to make a post a stupid as that but still spell it correctly would have taken much longer mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Inflation.... on 08:18 - Jul 27 with 1763 viewsHerbivore

Inflation.... on 08:17 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

If it helps, the Daily Mail are also reporting that British Gas have made record profits again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11057077/Fury-British-Gas-owner-Centric

Yes, but what is the Fabian Society saying about it?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Inflation.... on 08:19 - Jul 27 with 1760 viewsBlueBadger

Inflation.... on 08:18 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Yes, but what is the Fabian Society saying about it?

If only people would stop posting about this well trodden subject.

Shell Energy Bills by ibbleobble 5 May 2023 13:15
Has anyone else on here had issues with Shell Energy bills recently? As in, being told you’re on a fixed tariff pre-winter only to now be told, “no, we don’t offer fixed tariffs only variable ones so you owe us a lot of money”.

Inflation.... on 08:40 - Jul 27 with 1687 viewsPendejo

Decades, centuries, of divide and conquer grooming will ensure that British disquiet will go no further than grumbling on social media, the odd protest that may cross into riot...

But revolution? Highly unlikely.
Anyone expecting change of a true meaningful nature, even if Tories removed?A

The grifters have grifted for a long time, with the odd grift highlighted by Private Eye, so they got bolder and decided to take slices from elsewhere.

We're doomed Captain Mainwearing

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Inflation.... on 08:42 - Jul 27 with 1678 viewschicoazul

You must be new here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Inflation.... on 08:48 - Jul 27 with 1666 viewsDubtractor

Inflation.... on 08:42 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

You must be new here.

regardless of the predictability of the OP on here, it's hard to disagree with the sentiment isn't it?

We've all been told for the last 12 month that pay is inflationary, the public sector is the devil, blah blah blah, and yet every week there is another big corporate giant reporting record profits and paying out dividends.

It's a bit of a p1ss take, to put it mildly.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Inflation.... on 08:51 - Jul 27 with 1649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation.... on 08:48 - Jul 27 by Dubtractor

regardless of the predictability of the OP on here, it's hard to disagree with the sentiment isn't it?

We've all been told for the last 12 month that pay is inflationary, the public sector is the devil, blah blah blah, and yet every week there is another big corporate giant reporting record profits and paying out dividends.

And that isn't how the Guardian framed it either, I did that bit all by myself.

Separately, this weather seems like it might stick around well into August now, hope you took advantage of yesterday to get some grass cutting action in.

Inflation.... on 09:01 - Jul 27 with 1625 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inflation.... on 08:51 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Separately, this weather seems like it might stick around well into August now, hope you took advantage of yesterday to get some grass cutting action in.

Do mowers work underwater these days? Or is it not pissing it down every day back home in the motherland?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 9:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inflation.... on 09:03 - Jul 27 with 1611 viewsDubtractor

Inflation.... on 08:51 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ha. Funnily enough I did get the mower out yesterday - having our house warming do on Saturday and yesterday looked like the only guaranteed dry day to do it. Obviously need to the garden to look its best for the guests!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Inflation.... on 09:14 - Jul 27 with 1593 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation.... on 09:03 - Jul 27 by Dubtractor

Ha. Funnily enough I did get the mower out yesterday - having our house warming do on Saturday and yesterday looked like the only guaranteed dry day to do it. Obviously need to the garden to look its best for the guests!

Guess I better check my junk box for the invite.....to think we were almost neighbours!!
That mower has changed you.

Inflation.... on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 1592 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation.... on 09:01 - Jul 27 by Swansea_Blue

Do mowers work underwater these days? Or is it not pissing it down every day back home in the motherland?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 9:03]

June is a distant memory!

Inflation.... on 09:47 - Jul 27 with 1564 viewsDubtractor

Inflation.... on 09:14 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Guess I better check my junk box for the invite.....to think we were almost neighbours!!
That mower has changed you.

Tbh, if you don't bank at Coutts then you're below the calibre of guest that I'll accept these days.

Inflation.... on 10:05 - Jul 27 with 1534 viewsElephantintheRoom

I suspect most of the major shareholders are institutions, whose main beneficiaries are pensioners of investors with tax efficient schemes - so no, quite the opposite as those windfall ‘profits on investment’ will be reinvested

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Inflation.... on 10:17 - Jul 27 with 1516 viewschicoazul

Inflation.... on 08:48 - Jul 27 by Dubtractor

On the one hand I agree. On the other many of those dividend payments go into yours and my pension funds.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Inflation.... on 12:23 - Jul 27 with 1454 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation.... on 10:17 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

On the one hand I agree. On the other many of those dividend payments go into yours and my pension funds.

You have a pension fund....how the other half live!

Inflation.... on 15:41 - Jul 27 with 1374 viewschicoazul

Inflation.... on 12:23 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

You have a pension fund....how the other half live!

If you’re a British citizen so do you bubalah!

Inflation.... on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 1330 viewsHARRY10

Inflation.... on 15:41 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

If you’re a British citizen so do you bubalah!

eh ?
Inflation.... on 16:51 - Jul 27 with 1324 viewsbaxterbasics

Inflation.... on 10:05 - Jul 27 by ElephantintheRoom

I suspect most of the major shareholders are institutions, whose main beneficiaries are pensioners of investors with tax efficient schemes - so no, quite the opposite as those windfall ‘profits on investment’ will be reinvested

This. People whining about shareholders tend to forget it includes a lot of regular wage slaves who happen to be in a pension scheme or an ISA.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Inflation.... on 17:17 - Jul 27 with 1286 viewsPhuketPete

No dividends no pensions. Get with the programme !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024