Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? 10:51 - Jul 22 with 1420 viewsITFC_Forever

No penalty (fair enough), a stupid announcement to the crowd and then the Haiti player gets booked.

VAR ruining the game as usual.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 10:51 - Jul 22 with 1395 viewsredrickstuhaart

The only thing wrong with the decision was that it should be a red not a yellow.
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 10:53 - Jul 22 with 1371 viewsemergencylime

Japan had 2 narrowly offsidegoals ruled out, then a penalty decision reversed (all by VAR), so when they did get their legitimate second goal, no-one really celebrated because they were almost waiting for VAR to allow it.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 10:54]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 10:58 - Jul 22 with 1324 viewsredrickstuhaart

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 10:53 - Jul 22 by emergencylime

Japan had 2 narrowly offsidegoals ruled out, then a penalty decision reversed (all by VAR), so when they did get their legitimate second goal, no-one really celebrated because they were almost waiting for VAR to allow it.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 10:54]

That one is wrong though. She cant possibly see whether there was actually contact with the hands.
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 1289 viewsLankHenners

The whole thing about them announcing their decision to the crowd is a bit pointless if all they do is say ‘penalty - foul’ or whatever. If they’re going to have a mic they should be talking through the process, what they’re looking at, why they’re considering it etc.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 1291 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

I guess the announcements in cricket and rugby are also stupid?

Nothing wrong with ref’s clarifying their decisions.
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:11 - Jul 22 with 1274 viewsredrickstuhaart

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:09 - Jul 22 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Slows it down more which is an issue. Can be less formal and quicker if they are going to do it.
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:15 - Jul 22 with 1231 viewsITFC_Forever

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:09 - Jul 22 by WickhamsLeftBoot

In the men’s game, the crowd would simply boo over the top of the ref so no-one would hear.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:17 - Jul 22 with 1216 viewsiamatractorboy

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:08 - Jul 22 by LankHenners

The whole thing about them announcing their decision to the crowd is a bit pointless if all they do is say ‘penalty - foul’ or whatever. If they’re going to have a mic they should be talking through the process, what they’re looking at, why they’re considering it etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unless they're actually going to explain *why*, it's pointless.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:20 - Jul 22 with 1208 viewsRyorry

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:17 - Jul 22 by iamatractorboy

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unless they're actually going to explain *why*, it's pointless.

It's a bit irritating, & I think patronising too. Even very young kids quickly learn referees' hand signals if they don't already know them.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 1178 viewsredrickstuhaart

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:20 - Jul 22 by Ryorry

It's a bit irritating, & I think patronising too. Even very young kids quickly learn referees' hand signals if they don't already know them.

We have endless whining on every pundit show that refs should be required to explain themselves. Its not surprising.
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 1111 viewsRyorry

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:26 - Jul 22 by redrickstuhaart

We have endless whining on every pundit show that refs should be required to explain themselves. Its not surprising.

But as Iamatractorboy said "Unless they're actually going to explain *why*, it's pointless".

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:38 - Jul 22 with 1097 viewsredrickstuhaart

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:35 - Jul 22 by Ryorry

But as Iamatractorboy said "Unless they're actually going to explain *why*, it's pointless".

They did on this occasion didn't they?
WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:40 - Jul 22 with 1085 viewsRyorry

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:38 - Jul 22 by redrickstuhaart

I must have missed that (multitasking in next room on & off).

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:41 - Jul 22 with 1076 viewsiamatractorboy

WTF is happening in the Women’s game? on 11:38 - Jul 22 by redrickstuhaart

Must admit I was thinking from the perspective of a TV viewer, where we have the benefit of replays anyway. For people in the ground it is probably more of a help and therefore worth doing. I was at the Euros final last year and when VAR was being used no one had a clue what was going on so it would have helped then no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024