Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko 20:42 - Jun 20 with 1351 viewsFrimleyBlue

Out of interest. If Aluko was offered non playing role.. would it have said so in the retained list or potentially as it did say and that we offered new terms..

Just wondered with KM saying we've added to the staff numbers and no Aluko announcement yet.. could he be one of them?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I wouldn't waste..... on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 1262 viewsBloots

....a valuable squad place on him.

Whilst he is obviously a really good footballer to watch, his output doesn't really amount to much.

Anyone that thinks we can't recruit a better Championship "Number 10" than him is just being a bit sentimental.

More than happy for him to take a place on the coaching staff, I'm sure he's a model pro and a really intelligent guy. Probably make a decent coach.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Aluko on 21:10 - Jun 20 with 1183 viewsGuthrum

No, that's a list of retained players.

It's also not final, i.e. he could still be sold or even simply not named in the registered squad for next season (tho there would be little point in that unless he was taking on a full-time coaching role).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Aluko on 21:15 - Jun 20 with 1158 viewsSheffordBlue

Aluko on 21:10 - Jun 20 by Guthrum

No, that's a list of retained players.

It's also not final, i.e. he could still be sold or even simply not named in the registered squad for next season (tho there would be little point in that unless he was taking on a full-time coaching role).

There could be a bit of a hybrid role for him. Senior pro playing in the U21s is becoming more common now - couple that with some cup games so he doesn't need to be registered for the League.

He was also doing some analysis work when he was injured last season.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Aluko on 13:38 - Jun 21 with 706 viewsAsa

Aluko on 21:15 - Jun 20 by SheffordBlue

There could be a bit of a hybrid role for him. Senior pro playing in the U21s is becoming more common now - couple that with some cup games so he doesn't need to be registered for the League.

He was also doing some analysis work when he was injured last season.

It'll be interesting to see what happens here given the gap between offering him a new deal and the lack of announcement over whether it's been accepted.

I'd definitely keep him if he was happy with not being registered for the league, playing in the cups and for the U21's, acting as a mentor for them and combining it with coaching and analysis. He is a lovely player, but not one I'd have thought we'd see much of at all in the Championship given his limited involvement last year a level lower.

The delay makes me wonder whether we've offered him the best terms for the value we feel he provides, made clear his limited role and it's now for him to decide if that works for him or if there is a better offer due to come along.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024