Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? 10:04 - Apr 8 with 2680 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No pressure on it either. If the keeper dives the right way it looks like an easy save to me. We don't seem to be great at pens generally, I wonder if they're something we practice much.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 10:09 - Apr 8 with 2055 viewsWallingford_Boy

But the keeper didn’t dive the right way and often the penalty taker sends the keeper the wrong way with body shape, etc.

So it’s a good pen.

RIP Sir Bobby

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 10:13 - Apr 8 with 2020 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 10:09 - Apr 8 by Wallingford_Boy

But the keeper didn’t dive the right way and often the penalty taker sends the keeper the wrong way with body shape, etc.

So it’s a good pen.

If that's what Ladapo did then it's a fantastic pen.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 1916 viewsIllinoisblue

Narrator: “the penalty was scored”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:13 - Apr 8 with 1891 viewsBarcaBlue

Ladapo either saw or sensed the keeper was diving right and just rolled it in to the left. Can't say that was definitely the case but was how I saw it.
Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:29 - Apr 8 with 1846 viewshoppy

A great pen usually results in a goal.
A goal was scored.
Therefore it was a great pen.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:29 - Apr 8 with 1843 viewsronnyd

If it goes in, it's always a good pen.
Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:33 - Apr 8 with 1816 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:06 - Apr 8 by Illinoisblue

Narrator: “the penalty was scored”

Rather misses the point though. We're generally poor on pens. If he's 'done him with the eyes' or similar, then great. If he just got lucky then it's something we ought to look at, given how poor some of our others have been. Reasonable thing to look at for the future, rather than hoping for the best?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 1806 viewsArchiRob

YES incredibly churlish we just won 4-0 watched an ever improving performance most fans euphoric about hitting 2nd
Enjoy the moment

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Login to get fewer ads

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:36 - Apr 8 with 1776 viewshoppy

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:33 - Apr 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Rather misses the point though. We're generally poor on pens. If he's 'done him with the eyes' or similar, then great. If he just got lucky then it's something we ought to look at, given how poor some of our others have been. Reasonable thing to look at for the future, rather than hoping for the best?

There were 3 potential penalty takers that had already left the field at that point. My personal preference to take them would probably be Broadhead if he's on the pitch, based on the power he packed in THAT freekick.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 1750 viewsWhos_blue

I think you're calling this one wrong mate.
Watch it again.
See how Freddie shapes to go right. You can clearly see the keeper start to move to his left. Freddie rolls a simple ball to the keeper's right.
A calm, well taken penalty.
Really nothing to see here.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:40 - Apr 8 with 1726 viewspointofblue

I’ve never been so desperate for a penalty to be scored at 3-0 up. There was a thread about unlucky players earlier in the week but I think Ladapo has been the unluckiest of the lot. 16 goals scored across all competitions and can’t even get a start?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 1728 viewsJeff_winger

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:36 - Apr 8 by hoppy

There were 3 potential penalty takers that had already left the field at that point. My personal preference to take them would probably be Broadhead if he's on the pitch, based on the power he packed in THAT freekick.

Lots of our potential pen takers were off the field

Hirst
Chappers
Burns
Broadhead
Luongo

All possible takers, just glad kayden left it aline, he never looks confident on penalties
Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 1658 viewsBigCommon

Very churlish........
Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:54 - Apr 8 with 1632 viewsringwoodblue

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:41 - Apr 8 by Jeff_winger

Lots of our potential pen takers were off the field

Hirst
Chappers
Burns
Broadhead
Luongo

All possible takers, just glad kayden left it aline, he never looks confident on penalties

I would have given Edwards a go as he won the penalty and as he proved from his FK against Accy, he is a good striker of the ball.

However, it was great that Freddie did convert the penalty.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:59 - Apr 8 with 1620 viewsNthQldITFC

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:39 - Apr 8 by Whos_blue

Watch it again.
See how Freddie shapes to go right. You can clearly see the keeper start to move to his left. Freddie rolls a simple ball to the keeper's right.

It's impossible to know for sure, but it had that look to me too. It looked like a confident 'pass' of the ball into the side of the net which Freddie had (possibly subconsciously) seen or sensed that the keeper was diving away from.

Actually, after writing the above, I've watched it again and I hadn't realised just how well Freddie had sold the keeper. It was actually a brilliant penalty if you watch the deceptive twist in Freddie's action just before he hits the ball. Superbly done.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 1605 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was a very good pen. He sent the keeper the wrong way. If the keeper had dived that way, he would have put it the other side.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:04 - Apr 8 with 1600 viewsNeedhamChris

Definitely churlish, it's a 1 v 1 battle which Ladapo one. Far more convincing and confident looking than Chaplin's have been.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Classic Dolly. (n/t) on 12:22 - Apr 8 with 1513 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:32 - Apr 8 with 1487 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:39 - Apr 8 by Whos_blue

Watch it again.

Fairy nuff.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:36 - Apr 8 with 1464 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:29 - Apr 8 by ronnyd

If it goes in, it's always a good pen.

So if I trip my run up, fall over and smash my face on the ball causing it to pop up and over the keeper, who's also fallen over, that's a good pen?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 1416 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 11:59 - Apr 8 by NthQldITFC

It's impossible to know for sure, but it had that look to me too. It looked like a confident 'pass' of the ball into the side of the net which Freddie had (possibly subconsciously) seen or sensed that the keeper was diving away from.

Actually, after writing the above, I've watched it again and I hadn't realised just how well Freddie had sold the keeper. It was actually a brilliant penalty if you watch the deceptive twist in Freddie's action just before he hits the ball. Superbly done.

I stand corrected.

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:44 - Apr 8 with 1406 viewsWeWereZombies

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:36 - Apr 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

So if I trip my run up, fall over and smash my face on the ball causing it to pop up and over the keeper, who's also fallen over, that's a good pen?

I think that would be disallowed:

Law 14 'The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward; backheeling is permitted provided the ball moves forward.

When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, in line with, or behind, the goal line.

The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves.

The kicker must not play the ball again until it has touched another player.

The penalty kick is completed when the ball stops moving, goes out of play or the referee stops play for any offence.'

You see, it is called a penalty kick and not a penalty header...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:48 - Apr 8 with 1380 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:44 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

I think that would be disallowed:

Law 14 'The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward; backheeling is permitted provided the ball moves forward.

When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, in line with, or behind, the goal line.

The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves.

The kicker must not play the ball again until it has touched another player.

The penalty kick is completed when the ball stops moving, goes out of play or the referee stops play for any offence.'

You see, it is called a penalty kick and not a penalty header...

I think it ought to be clear I was making a ridiculous suggestion to make a point. So if I must elaborate, remove the head bit and just say I fell on the ball and accidentally kicked it. Would that be a good pen?

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 1290 viewsWeWereZombies

Might be a bit churlish but it wasn't a great pen from Ladapo was it? on 12:48 - Apr 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think it ought to be clear I was making a ridiculous suggestion to make a point. So if I must elaborate, remove the head bit and just say I fell on the ball and accidentally kicked it. Would that be a good pen?

OK, you would have to be falling in a strange enough way to only hit the ball with your foot in such a way as to establish that a kick had taken place. But what if the ball was struck so weakly that the keeper had no problem casually walking forward and gathering the ball in his (or her) arms. That would be a bad penalty - and you are Bruno Fernandes...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

[Redacted] on 13:15 - Apr 8 with 1234 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024