Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next set of rail strikes announced 15:51 - Nov 22 with 2911 viewshatch

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/members-updates/defend-jobs-pay-and-conditions221122

00:01 hours on Tuesday 13th December 2022 and 23:59 hours on Wednesday 14th December 2022

00:01 hours on Friday 16th December 2022 and 23:59 hours on Saturday 17th December 2022

00:01 hours on Tuesday 3rd January 2023 and 23:59 hours on Wednesday 4th January 2023

00:01 hours on Friday 6th January 2023 and 23:59 hours on Saturday 7th January 2023

---------

But worth noting that these are now 48 hour strikes and the difference this time around, I believe, is that Network Rail are striking on days 1 and 3 - so not above is only the TOCs but you can expect disruption on the day the follows each set of dates too.

Wycombe away and Sat 7th (Fa Cup/League) are the two obvious football fixtures affected not to mention anyone's plans in the lead up to Christmas.
Next set of rail strikes announced on 16:11 - Nov 22 with 2847 viewsSteve_M

On top of trains not running normally for Portsmouth on 29 December and Lincoln on 2 Jan this season is becoming an utter pain in the arse to get to games.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Next set of rail strikes announced on 21:09 - Nov 22 with 2680 viewsfactual_blue

#prayforthetrainspotters

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Next set of rail strikes announced on 07:32 - Nov 23 with 2573 viewsmikeybloo88

Bunch of selfish feckers
Next set of rail strikes announced on 11:48 - Dec 5 with 2358 viewshatch

Hearing rumours of some further announcement tomorrow about further action over the Christmas period.

In advance of that, just a note to be cautious before booking any rail travel between 13 Dec and 7th Jan and maybe plan to drive...
Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:11 - Dec 5 with 2282 viewsmonytowbray

Next set of rail strikes announced on 07:32 - Nov 23 by mikeybloo88

Bunch of selfish feckers

Yeah I agree they are selfish f**kers, It's amazing these greedy private shareholders prioritise exploiting us and their staff for wealth extraction from a public service required to have a functioning economy to the point where the workers have to strike.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 12:12]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:25 - Dec 5 with 2254 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:11 - Dec 5 by monytowbray

Yeah I agree they are selfish f**kers, It's amazing these greedy private shareholders prioritise exploiting us and their staff for wealth extraction from a public service required to have a functioning economy to the point where the workers have to strike.

Abellio is wholly state owned and thus doesn’t have shareholders.

Just sayin’..
Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 2231 viewsmonytowbray

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:25 - Dec 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Abellio is wholly state owned and thus doesn’t have shareholders.

Just sayin’..

State owned by who? The Dutch?!

It still amazes me for all the Brexit nonsense the Leave campaign weaponised they didn’t touch the fact much infrastructure is operated by mainland EU companies. Almost as if they never truly represented British interests at all and it was about pillaging the nation.

TWTD never forgets…

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:38 - Dec 5 with 2219 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:31 - Dec 5 by monytowbray

It still amazes me for all the Brexit nonsense the Leave campaign weaponised they didn’t touch the fact much infrastructure is operated by mainland EU companies. Almost as if they never truly represented British interests at all and it was about pillaging the nation.

Correct - just seemed a bit odd to rage against shareholders in that context.
Login to get fewer ads

Next set of rail strikes announced on 13:03 - Dec 5 with 2148 viewsmonytowbray

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:38 - Dec 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Correct - just seemed a bit odd to rage against shareholders in that context.

They’re still extracting wealth from local economies. It’s almost like a corporate version of colonisation. I get some nations benefit from it, for example China are helping modernise many developing nations with tech infrastructure.

If we had an external force dedicated to improving the actual service and lines that would be one thing, but running a region on the UK train network seems to work more like extortion from the mafia than a respected business.

TWTD never forgets…

Next set of rail strikes announced on 18:53 - Dec 5 with 2012 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:11 - Dec 5 by monytowbray

People refusing to pay for train tickets probably plays a part too..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Next set of rail strikes announced on 18:58 - Dec 5 with 2002 viewsMullet

Next set of rail strikes announced on 07:32 - Nov 23 by mikeybloo88

Bunch of selfish feckers

You must mean the general public, upset by disruption to a journey over people standing up for their livelihoods, families, wages and pensions etc.

When people strike, it pays to look at who forced them there and why. The sort of attitude you're displaying is typical of the general selfishness in society ironically.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Next set of rail strikes announced on 19:06 - Dec 5 with 1967 viewsmonytowbray

Next set of rail strikes announced on 18:53 - Dec 5 by The_Romford_Blue

People refusing to pay for train tickets probably plays a part too..

Really? Last I checked RMT were rallying against bosses over pay and job cuts.

I did check the RMT site and can’t see much about striking over customers.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 19:08]

TWTD never forgets…

Next set of rail strikes announced on 21:37 - Dec 5 with 1788 viewsHARRY10

Next set of rail strikes announced on 18:58 - Dec 5 by Mullet

You must mean the general public, upset by disruption to a journey over people standing up for their livelihoods, families, wages and pensions etc.

When people strike, it pays to look at who forced them there and why. The sort of attitude you're displaying is typical of the general selfishness in society ironically.

Odd how righties do not whinge when it is barristers, and how quickly the government settled with them.

15% it was, as well

Whereas those whose importance to society is shown by the disruption caused by their absence have only been offered way below inflation rates - 4% for rail

Abellio is owned by Nederlandse Spoorwegen, which is currently in negotiations to sell. Arbellio is also part owned by Department for Transport, Transport for London and Merseytravel.

Strange, that when workers take action to fight a massive pay cut (in real time) the government bleats there is no money. Yet when energy companies make excess profits, the government accepts there is money, for their shareholders.
Next set of rail strikes announced on 22:16 - Dec 5 with 1734 viewsstonojnr

Next set of rail strikes announced on 12:31 - Dec 5 by monytowbray

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business/20719808.dutch-railways-sells-greater-angli
Next set of rail strikes announced on 22:25 - Dec 5 with 1716 viewsjeera

Add to that Xmas itself, from Xmas Eve PM to the 27th.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 22:26]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Next set of rail strikes announced on 23:19 - Dec 5 with 1660 viewsmonytowbray

Next set of rail strikes announced on 22:16 - Dec 5 by stonojnr

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/business/20719808.dutch-railways-sells-greater-angli

So it’s not wholly state owned in another country and is now privately owned in the UK as of August.

TWTD never forgets…

Next set of rail strikes announced on 23:53 - Dec 5 with 1627 viewshatch

Next set of rail strikes announced on 22:25 - Dec 5 by jeera

Add to that Xmas itself, from Xmas Eve PM to the 27th.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 22:26]

Worse yet could still be announced. I’ve been made aware of some pretty daunting proposals which were due to be announced tomorrow but I’m hoping may have been saved now relating to action short of a strike.

It really is the Christmas of industrial action isn’t it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024