Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much have we missed Leigh? 09:51 - Oct 30 with 2165 viewsRobTheMonk

I think he wins that backpost header in the dying moments.

We also seem to be flogging Davis down the left at the moment. No wonder he looks knackered later on in games.

Leigh was the defensive sub that would provide a bit more physicality and a salmon like leap.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:32 - Oct 30 with 2069 viewsDJR

My opinion too. Interestingly, his assists per minute are (I think) higher than Davis, so he's pretty good going forward too.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:34 - Oct 30 with 2060 viewspointofblue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:32 - Oct 30 by DJR

My opinion too. Interestingly, his assists per minute are (I think) higher than Davis, so he's pretty good going forward too.

I was unsure about Davis coming in for Leigh from the off. Don’t get me wrong, Davis is a great player and we have very little choice at the moment but I’m not sure if the first choice left back should be as clear cut as it appears when Leigh is fit again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:56 - Oct 30 with 2015 viewsbluefunk

You might also say the same if Burgess had been fit enough to play/come on as sub. David will probably get a rest over the next 2 weeks with the cup game
How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:57 - Oct 30 with 2010 viewsDJR

How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:34 - Oct 30 by pointofblue

I was unsure about Davis coming in for Leigh from the off. Don’t get me wrong, Davis is a great player and we have very little choice at the moment but I’m not sure if the first choice left back should be as clear cut as it appears when Leigh is fit again.

I would agree with that, and it strikes me, given our recent defensive frailty, that there will games he will start when he is fit, just as Jackson does. Don't forget that McKenna said there are aspects to Davis' game that he needs to work on, and I think he meant by that his defending.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:24 - Oct 30 with 1904 viewsStokieBlue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 12:34 - Oct 30 by pointofblue

Davis has probably been our best player over the last month and is our quickest improving player and asset.

He's clearly the first choice left back, in fact he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He's looking brilliant and getting better every match. Seems ridiculous he's being singled out here due to one goal at the back post.

Some on this forum have totally lost it this weekend.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:27 - Oct 30 with 1891 viewscatch74

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:24 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

Davis has probably been our best player over the last month and is our quickest improving player and asset.

He's clearly the first choice left back, in fact he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He's looking brilliant and getting better every match. Seems ridiculous he's being singled out here due to one goal at the back post.

SB

Cheers Stokie, saved some typing.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:32 - Oct 30 with 1863 viewsbackwaywhen

SB

Spot on …… some fans just can’t see the wood for the trees , Davi’s MOM Tuesday and most consistent player over last. 7/8 games .
How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:37 - Oct 30 with 1853 viewsBobsthename

SB

People can only comment on What they see and believe i for one think Leigh gives us better cover defending than Davis offers at the moment.
I really rate him as a bargain real decent fullback and good in the air i can’t say the same about Davis.
Login to get fewer ads

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:45 - Oct 30 with 1837 viewsStokieBlue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:37 - Oct 30 by Bobsthename

People can only comment on What they see and believe i for one think Leigh gives us better cover defending than Davis offers at the moment.
I really rate him as a bargain real decent fullback and good in the air i can’t say the same about Davis.

Why have you neglected one whole side of the game (ie attacking)? So much has come through Davis the last month. I'm not sure fullbacks or wingbacks should be judged primarily on their heading ability, that's very strange.

Leigh has barely played so I'm intrigued how you've reached this opinion on such a small sample size.

You'd complain if we don't score and you'd complain if we concede.

Davis has been brilliant.

SB
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 14:45]

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:48 - Oct 30 with 1816 viewspointofblue

SB

Or it could be argued it shows what quality we have at left back that Leigh deserves consideration, when he is fit.

Attacking wise, I agree, Davis has probably been our best player and has developed a lot since August.

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:51 - Oct 30 with 1805 viewsBobsthename

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:45 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

Why have you neglected one whole side of the game (ie attacking)? So much has come through Davis the last month. I'm not sure fullbacks or wingbacks should be judged primarily on their heading ability, that's very strange.

Leigh has barely played so I'm intrigued how you've reached this opinion on such a small sample size.

You'd complain if we don't score and you'd complain if we concede.

Davis has been brilliant.

SB
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 14:45]

Well there are pluses and minuses i would say Leigh has as many as Davis but outshines Davis when defending i watched him pre season and he scored so that’s another plus above Davis i’m not saying Davis can’t make it but i would much perfer Leigh in the last 10 minutes than Davis so did mckenna so that must tell you something.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:55 - Oct 30 with 1788 viewsStokieBlue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:48 - Oct 30 by pointofblue

Or it could be argued it shows what quality we have at left back that Leigh deserves consideration, when he is fit.

Attacking wise, I agree, Davis has probably been our best player and has developed a lot since August.

You've decided he should be considered for selection not me. I don't think he should be considered ahead of Davis unless it's for the purposes of reading Davis.

He's quality cover and great for usage from the bench but for me, Davis is the clear first choice.

We attack more through Davis now than we do through Burns which should be a clear indicator of his key place in the team.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong when Leigh is fit but I don't think so.

SB

How much have we missed Leigh? on 15:03 - Oct 30 with 1767 viewsStokieBlue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:51 - Oct 30 by Bobsthename

Well there are pluses and minuses i would say Leigh has as many as Davis but outshines Davis when defending i watched him pre season and he scored so that’s another plus above Davis i’m not saying Davis can’t make it but i would much perfer Leigh in the last 10 minutes than Davis so did mckenna so that must tell you something.

I'd say that in no way does the actual evidence support any of that.

SB

How much have we missed Leigh? on 15:07 - Oct 30 with 1755 viewsWestcountryblue

Davis has been superb this month, but i would agree with the sentiment that he is in need of a rest. The system we play requires so much athleticism from our wing backs and prior to this season, Davis had only played a handful of senior matches.

Great player who will benefit from a lighter November fixture list.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 15:22 - Oct 30 with 1718 viewsBobsthename

How much have we missed Leigh? on 15:03 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

I'd say that in no way does the actual evidence support any of that.

SB

Well we will have to agree to disagree on these two then Davis for sure has to improve on his defending duties if he wants be successful.
How much have we missed Leigh? on 15:59 - Oct 30 with 1668 viewspointofblue

How much have we missed Leigh? on 14:55 - Oct 30 by StokieBlue

You've decided he should be considered for selection not me. I don't think he should be considered ahead of Davis unless it's for the purposes of reading Davis.

He's quality cover and great for usage from the bench but for me, Davis is the clear first choice.

We attack more through Davis now than we do through Burns which should be a clear indicator of his key place in the team.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong when Leigh is fit but I don't think so.

SB

I thik Davis is better offensively than Leigh, but Leigh is better defensively. The idea being Davis helps us put on the front foot against sides, then Leigh tightens things up later on. Mind you, Leigh came on at Hillsborough so doesn't always work!

How much have we missed Leigh? on 19:11 - Oct 30 with 1554 viewsStrimmer

Before the injury, the LB plan was clearly to split the duties between Davis and Leigh roughly 70/30 with Davis starting and Leigh finishing. And it worked well as I recall. If we still had that option it would allow Davis to do his thing and not see out the 90 dying on his feet. I too reckon Leigh might’ve won that far post header as he would’ve been fresh never mind his obvious attributes. Typical of this question to descend into an row about singling players out, Davis has been fantastic but the in-game job share worked even better.

Poll: Was it a punch?

How much have we missed Leigh? on 22:35 - Oct 30 with 1403 viewsmichaeldownunder

Going up the leagues the best wingbacks/ attacking fullbacks are not great at defending back posts.
Alex Arnold at Liverpool
Aarons at Norwich
Davies at Ipswich
but what they lack in defending they more than make up in attacking skills.
Not sure what the stats are when Leigh used to come on for Davies in the last 20 min or so ?
Maybe Leight at fullback and push Davies up to add an extra man in midfield than bringing on Harness ?
How much have we missed Leigh? on 23:45 - Oct 30 with 1356 viewsnorfsufblue

When you've sent on an extra centre back for the last two minutes then surely you should think you have more than enough ariel ability not to have to rely on your attacking wing/full back to prevent crosses from being headed in relatively unchallenged?
How much have we missed Leigh? on 07:35 - Oct 31 with 1165 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

How much have we missed Leigh? on 19:11 - Oct 30 by Strimmer

Before the injury, the LB plan was clearly to split the duties between Davis and Leigh roughly 70/30 with Davis starting and Leigh finishing. And it worked well as I recall. If we still had that option it would allow Davis to do his thing and not see out the 90 dying on his feet. I too reckon Leigh might’ve won that far post header as he would’ve been fresh never mind his obvious attributes. Typical of this question to descend into an row about singling players out, Davis has been fantastic but the in-game job share worked even better.

This

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024