Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end is nigh 22:41 - Oct 1 with 1046 viewsHARRY10

The latest poll bow has Labour with a 248 majority, and the Tories losing over 2/3rds of their seats.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/01/voters-abandon-tories-as-faith-

Just as the Italians swapped sides in 1943, so we have...... "Tory MPs are already in talks with Labour over how to block elements of the prime minister’s plans, with parliamentary rebellions looming over likely real-terms cuts to welfare, planning reforms and a new wave of austerity."

and

"Cross-party plans are being drawn up to force the government to publish economic forecasts about the effects of its plans on public finances

"Some MPs regard Truss’s performance as so poor and the budget as so disastrous that they want her removed as leader. One former minister thought she could be forced out even before Kwarteng makes his next fiscal statement at the end of November."

"One former cabinet minister said: “It’s a matter of when she goes and we, the parliamentary party, need to seriously work on getting rid of her as soon as possible. "

However, the irony of pro brexit Tories now whining about brexit being implemented will not be lost on most. Just as those with their number tattooed under their arm could not deny their SS membership, so these Tory MP's Parliamentary voting record will show their guilt.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 23:24]
The end is nigh on 23:04 - Oct 1 with 970 viewsNthQldITFC

That's some graph there. Looks like the paper jammed on the old style pen plotter!

Do you think a confidence motion will follow if they are thwarted in their evil plans next week by large chunks of their own MPs with Labour? What's the likely next step?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The end is nigh on 23:46 - Oct 1 with 883 viewsHARRY10

The end is nigh on 23:04 - Oct 1 by NthQldITFC

That's some graph there. Looks like the paper jammed on the old style pen plotter!

Do you think a confidence motion will follow if they are thwarted in their evil plans next week by large chunks of their own MPs with Labour? What's the likely next step?

Hard to say.

Implementing brexit was always going to be a disaster, but I must admit I had always thought it would be gradual decline, as we were seeing prior to Truss taking over.

As Tories are now saying 'none of this brexuit sht was talked about during her. , ans leadership campaigning' (my words). It is ow apparent that the levelling up guff was just that guff. More lies from Johnson to get elected.

What will be the intent of Tory MPs. To save the country, their party, or themselves ? The first two will survive, the latter not necessarily. The red wall MPs were elected on a huge lie and so will go, come the next election.

It is the blue wall MPs in the south that will be most concerned. Get elected for Old Bigot on the Mould and you had a sinecure that entitled you to plenty of the folding stuff while lesser souls did your constituency work. Three by elections have pulled the rug from that belief.

So they are faced with forcing an early election and facing a possible wipe out, or sticking with Truss and seeing long term damage to the party and short term damage to the country. Whoever is pulling the strings of Truss certainly selected someone so desperate to be PM that they will blindly do exactly as they are told. And the puppet masters know this is their once chance of dragging things their way.

As to any confidence motion, who would benefit the most ? I cannot see any party that would benefit from that at the moment.
The end is nigh on 08:52 - Oct 2 with 707 viewsChurchman

The end is nigh on 23:04 - Oct 1 by NthQldITFC

The tories are already in denial and looking to blame anything and everything that isn’t them. All political parties do that but they’ve taken it to new heights. Their one success. Telling lies is a badge of honour now. Rewriting history? Yeah, the plebs will never notice. Promise the moon on a stick? Yeah, the thickos swallowed the levelling up twaddle so they’ll suck up anything.

Where we are is their mess, created by them. External factors? Of course there are, as you’d expect in a global economy. However, the government didn’t have to mess up dealing with everything they’ve touched or leave the country so badly prepared to deal with them. That includes Ukraine where 12 years and counting of cuts has left the military and MoD far weaker than it should be..

The biggest economic disaster of course is Brexit. We are all bored with it, me more than most, but it quietly sits underpinning the chaos; a catalyst tearing up the fabric of this country in addition to ruining businesses, adding costs and red tape that the tories are claiming they want rid of. For no benefit whatsoever. You couldn’t make it up.

How to improve matters is blindingly obvious to me but it won’t happen because the swivel eyed idiots are wedded to an ideology that’s out of date, cruel and just plain wrong.

Their sorry departure can’t come quick enough.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 8:54]
The end is nigh on 09:04 - Oct 2 with 669 viewsmikeybloo88

Just watched Truss accelerating her and this government’s demise on the Kuennsberg show...awful performance
The end is nigh on 09:12 - Oct 2 with 644 viewsNthQldITFC

The end is nigh on 09:04 - Oct 2 by mikeybloo88

Just watched Truss accelerating her and this government’s demise on the Kuennsberg show...awful performance

"No... it was a decision that the Chancellor made." - pregnant pause - eyes narrowed - (thinks: 'was I supposed to say that?') - (thinks: 'sh!t')

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The end is nigh on 10:37 - Oct 2 with 543 viewsChurchman

The end is nigh on 09:04 - Oct 2 by mikeybloo88

Well done for watching it. I never could bear the sight of Truss and I don’t much like Laura K either. Still it’s good to hear that Truss got taken to the cleaners - again
The end is nigh on 10:44 - Oct 2 with 520 viewsblueislander

I just wonder, when it really comes down to it whether enough Tory MPs will have the balls to try to get rid of her.
The end is nigh on 11:20 - Oct 2 with 479 viewsPinewoodblue

The end is nigh on 10:44 - Oct 2 by blueislander

I just wonder, when it really comes down to it whether enough Tory MPs will have the balls to try to get rid of her.

Tory MPs find themselves in a similar position to Labour MPs when Corbyn was leader of the opposition. They are uncomfortable with their party members choice of leader.

Much more serious for us all though. Doesn’t impact too much when the leader of the opposition remains us of a turtle stranded on top of a fence post.

After Truss comments today expect the £ to tank against the $. She admits mistakes have been made but added that the decision to cut higher level of tax was Chancellors idea. Proof, if proof was needed, she is totally out of her depth.

Breaking News calls for an enquiry into Chancellor attending a champagne party with hedge fund managers.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024