Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... 14:34 - Sep 25 with 2094 viewsITFCBlues

Of the season I feel.

Ladapo was OK today, finally got his goal, could've had a hat trick. But we just don't have the quality in and around the box to finish chances.

I can't for the life of me think that Ahadme would've been on any lists in the summer. We've taken a punt on him. He maybe OK but we needed a proven goalscorer and it's dissapointing considering we've supposidly got cash to spend, but we just didn't do it.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 14:38 - Sep 25 with 1774 viewsDubtractor

That's my fear as well.

Another game where we created lots off opportunities and openings, but not punishing teams.

I still think we'll go up, but we've really got to start being much more clinical.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 14:49 - Sep 25 with 1723 viewsSimonds92

Yep spot on. I find it frustrating people think being part of the build up play and being a goal threat are mutually exclusive. That chance where the ball gets pulled back to him on his favoured foot he has to take first time, the header he has to score. The shot for his goal was hitting the corner flag.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 14:55 - Sep 25 with 1684 viewsbadadski

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 14:49 - Sep 25 by Simonds92

Yep spot on. I find it frustrating people think being part of the build up play and being a goal threat are mutually exclusive. That chance where the ball gets pulled back to him on his favoured foot he has to take first time, the header he has to score. The shot for his goal was hitting the corner flag.

Isn’t that why we signed Adhame or however you spell his name.
Let’s give him time to get fit and tried in the team first.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:01 - Sep 25 with 1637 viewsFrimleyBlue

You can get away with a Ladapo uptop if the ones behind him are on it, today Harness and Chaplin just didnt get into the game from an attacking sense.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:06 - Sep 25 with 1599 viewspointofblue

We've scored nineteen goals this season, which is second only to Sheffield Wednesday (20), albeit level with Portsmouth who have a game in hand. Scoring doesn't appear to the problem - it's keeping clean sheets. One against Bolton and two each against Barnsley, Wednesday and Plymouth. Nowhere near good enough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:08 - Sep 25 with 1570 viewsITFCBlues

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:06 - Sep 25 by pointofblue

We've scored nineteen goals this season, which is second only to Sheffield Wednesday (20), albeit level with Portsmouth who have a game in hand. Scoring doesn't appear to the problem - it's keeping clean sheets. One against Bolton and two each against Barnsley, Wednesday and Plymouth. Nowhere near good enough.

We've created enough chances to win that game today and Bolton, Barnsley and Sheff Wed.

You can't realistically expect Chaplin and Harness to continue their goals output. We need a striker to score 15 goals.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:09 - Sep 25 with 1553 viewsFrimleyBlue

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:08 - Sep 25 by ITFCBlues

We've created enough chances to win that game today and Bolton, Barnsley and Sheff Wed.

You can't realistically expect Chaplin and Harness to continue their goals output. We need a striker to score 15 goals.

Chaplin had always been a striker, he just wasn't on it today.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:09 - Sep 25 with 1556 viewsBobsthename

I said that but was told we have enough goals in our team to compensate that,Harness Chaplin Morsey.
Login to get fewer ads

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:10 - Sep 25 with 1547 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think it is clear we were looking to sign one.

However, we have scored in every match this season (frequently more than once), are the only team to have scored at Home Park this season and are 2nd in the league 1 point off top. It doesn't have to be all about one player scoring all the goals (although I am sure someone banging in 20+ would have helped).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:12 - Sep 25 with 1524 viewsmanagement

Echoes of 2014-15 when we failed to take a punt, Cannot expect Harness and Chaplin to deliver goals every week. Statistically proven over the years that a CF has to contribute 15-20 goals a season.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:13 - Sep 25 with 1522 viewsGavTWTD

We have the january window if the club feel we need someone to get us "over the line"

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:14 - Sep 25 with 1501 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:12 - Sep 25 by management

Echoes of 2014-15 when we failed to take a punt, Cannot expect Harness and Chaplin to deliver goals every week. Statistically proven over the years that a CF has to contribute 15-20 goals a season.

Murphy was scoring fun first half of that season. The Jan window hasn't happened yet.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:27 - Sep 25 with 1413 viewsbackwaywhen

We need that fox In the box somebody like Billy Sharp , the times the ball flashed across the box with nobody there , shame but we move on 6 pts from next 2 games please KM
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:35 - Sep 25 with 1361 viewsVaughan8

I thought ladapo did the holding up play, challenging well, but you can see he isn't a finisher. I'm guessing that's why he might be better in a 2?

Agree we needed a goalscorer and as you say, I think we got a bit "desperate" and took a punt on this Burton guy.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:38 - Sep 25 with 1348 viewsTheBoyBlue

Ahadme won't have been a punt with this management though. They would've carefully considered what benefits he would've brought to the team. He has already scored goals this season and I expect he will too us too. Ladapo will hopefully also have more confidence, which is crucial to a striker.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:38 - Sep 25 with 1341 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:13 - Sep 25 by GavTWTD

We have the january window if the club feel we need someone to get us "over the line"

I have thought that but if we thought they were over-priced in August, they are going to be even more so in January aren't they? Maybe there could be a loan deal that would suit the development of a player too that might be more realistic.

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:50 - Sep 25 with 1311 viewsblueprint

We need what Peterborough always seem to have.
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:52 - Sep 25 with 1302 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:50 - Sep 25 by blueprint

A team that can showcase a talented striker who we sell on for a large profit while bouncing between the Championship and League 1?

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 16:03 - Sep 25 with 1256 viewsRyorry

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:50 - Sep 25 by blueprint

I'd say in this case we need what Plymouth have - Whittaker!

That run of his towards the end, leaving two (or was it three?) of our defenders standing ... reminded me of Jonno.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 16:10 - Sep 25 with 1206 viewsKropotkin123

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:08 - Sep 25 by ITFCBlues

Jackson, Ladapo and JJ have all scored 1 from that striker position. That's 14 goals across the season from the Striker's position. Jackson has also scored another from the forward's position. That people are genuinely looking at this team's goal output (on course for 87 goals this season and have scored in every game) as the issue is strange. Makes me question if people actually watched the game.

We continue to create lots of chances across the team, and we continue to score. Even out keeper hit the crossbar today!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 16:18 - Sep 25 with 1140 viewsKropotkin123

What, less goals from their team, less goals from their forwards and more dependency on less players?

Peterborough: Overall goals; 17, forward's; 11, Individuals; Clarke-Harris (7), Marriott (4)
Ipswich: Overall goals; 19, forward's; 13, Individuals; Chaplin (6), Harness (3), Jackson (2), Ladapo (1), JJ (1)

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 16:35 - Sep 25 with 1074 viewsEnigma_Blue

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:12 - Sep 25 by management

We did take a punt in the January transfer window that season, we signed Sears who scored 9 goals from 21 games.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 16:35]
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 16:43 - Sep 25 with 1038 viewsEnigma_Blue

We have a striker who can score 15 goals a season in Ladapo. He has scored between 15-20 goals in the last 3 season he has played in league one. It just seems these strikers just can't do it for us. See also the likes of Piggott, Norwood, Pitman, Chopra, Scotland. Although fingers crossed that now Ladapo has finally got off the mark in the league he might now go on a goal scoring run.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 16:48]
The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 17:02 - Sep 25 with 941 viewsGavTWTD

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 15:38 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I have thought that but if we thought they were over-priced in August, they are going to be even more so in January aren't they? Maybe there could be a loan deal that would suit the development of a player too that might be more realistic.

Doesn't really matter what we think. If Gamechanger can afford a young striker and he gets us promoted his value may double or triple in a couple of years. These guys mean business I think it's just a case of how well we're doing by mid January.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 17:07 - Sep 25 with 913 viewsRyorry

The inability to sign a decent striker will cost us over the course... on 17:02 - Sep 25 by GavTWTD

Doesn't really matter what we think. If Gamechanger can afford a young striker and he gets us promoted his value may double or triple in a couple of years. These guys mean business I think it's just a case of how well we're doing by mid January.

And if we needed & got someone who'd make that difference at that point, payback time might only be 4-5 months!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024