Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral 10:00 - Sep 20 with 2060 viewsblueasfook

Awful, wooden, flat, boring. Delivered like a robot without any emotion.

She speaks like a schoolkid. Terrible leader.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 2032 viewsBloomBlue

Politics has resulted in the 2 main parties having cardboard cutouts as leaders. I guess it's a result of the two main parties having racists as leaders at the last GE.
It’s said that some people struggle…. on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 2029 viewsBloots

….to walk and talk at the same time.

She literally struggles to walk or talk, let alone do both of them at the same time.

A total embarrassment.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:07 - Sep 20 with 1997 viewsgiant_stow

The commonwealth women showed Liz how to do it.

Anyone seen the weird stuff around Kwasi Kwarteng on Twitter? Not sure whether to even mention it, as the footage seems a little questionable.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:10 - Sep 20 with 1975 viewsSimonds92

She did fine. It was a relief she didnt make any embarrassing mistakes like the preist the other day who couldn't stop saying dead.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 1971 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I can't stand her, but it was a Bible Reading from the 17th Century King James Version. Not an easy piece to deliver live to billions of people.

Dame Judi Dench could probably have read it better, but Truss's brain would have been stuck on "Just don't screw this up".

She didn't disgrace herself. I think there are plenty of other things to attack her on.

So let's talk about how she is going to make the rich, richer and the poor, poorer, and implement a whole raft of legislation that wasn't in the Tory manifesto and hasn't been voted on by the Electorate.

Oh, and she's a scummer, well, at the moment, anyway:

https://www.indy100.com/politics/liz-truss-norwich-city-ncfc

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:30 - Sep 20 with 1880 viewswaveneyblue

Probably the toughest readings (it wasn't a speech) that she will ever have to do.

She will no doubt fail in a lot of things, this wasn't one of them.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:39 - Sep 20 with 1830 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:07 - Sep 20 by giant_stow

The commonwealth women showed Liz how to do it.

Anyone seen the weird stuff around Kwasi Kwarteng on Twitter? Not sure whether to even mention it, as the footage seems a little questionable.

Liz Truss was one of the MPs included in the Tory Whips blackmail list, which has had various airings over the past 5 years, and is easy to find via Google.

Eye opening stuff. Her entry is relatively tame alongside a whole series of MPs who are described as "handsy at parties" and yet allowed to continue to represent the organisation which openly describes them as such.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:28 - Sep 20 with 1650 viewsbaxterbasics

It wasn't a speech, she was reading out scripture. Not the easiest of things to do if you aren't a regular subscriber!

Of course Boris would have done a better job, but 'thems the breaks'

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:29 - Sep 20 with 1648 viewsBlueBadger

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:04 - Sep 20 by BloomBlue

Politics has resulted in the 2 main parties having cardboard cutouts as leaders. I guess it's a result of the two main parties having racists as leaders at the last GE.

No idea why Baxters appears so keen on racists being potential contenders for prime minister.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 12:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:43 - Sep 20 with 1616 viewsBlueBadger

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:28 - Sep 20 by baxterbasics

It wasn't a speech, she was reading out scripture. Not the easiest of things to do if you aren't a regular subscriber!

Of course Boris would have done a better job, but 'thems the breaks'

'Boris would have done a better job' is quite an indictment of performance, unless it's in the fields of adultery, not knowing how many children you have or open corruption and causing avoidable deaths.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 12:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:54 - Sep 20 with 1568 viewsBlueForYou

It was the Queens funeral, not a Cabaret show!
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:34 - Sep 20 with 1487 viewsChurchman

She’s not a natural public speaker, but she did fine with that.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:56 - Sep 20 with 1417 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:59 - Sep 20 with 1403 viewsSwansea_Blue

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:34 - Sep 20 by Churchman

She’s not a natural public speaker, but she did fine with that.

Quite. It's the least of the things we need to be worrying about with her as PM. Everyone seems to want to pick up on every little point these days. Real problems then get ignored or don't get as much attention as they should.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 14:53 - Sep 20 with 1336 viewsBlueBadger

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:59 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. It's the least of the things we need to be worrying about with her as PM. Everyone seems to want to pick up on every little point these days. Real problems then get ignored or don't get as much attention as they should.

To be fair, over the last 10 years the electorate have shown themselves to be easily swayed by ridiculous things like bacon sandwiches, lies on buses and occasionally appearing on HIGNFY, so this is the sort of thing that could potentially bury her, rather than the open support for a racist, incompetent and corrupt criminal, her own incompetence or the incompetence, corruption and criminality of her cabinet.

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 1307 viewsChurchman

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 13:59 - Sep 20 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. Being useless is the main one.

Let’s face it, Blair in particular was good in front of he camera and Cameron wasn’t bad. Neither was Johnson and just look at their…. ‘contribution’ to the nation.

On a topical note George 6th struggled big time at the public speaking bit with his stammer, but as Kings go, he did alright especially during the war.

Back to the present it should be all about what they do rather than how they come across. I find Starmer quite difficult to listen to but quite frankly he can sound like Sooty for all I care if he does a decent job.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 15:00 - Sep 20 with 1261 viewsblueasfook

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:54 - Sep 20 by BlueForYou

Boris would have delivered the speech it so much better.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 1152 viewsBlueBoots

Struggled to hear it above the gnashing of BoJo's teeth as he sat there wishing it was him in the spotlight for that moment.

As bad as it was, she has done far worse things in the past, and I'm sure we'll have a lot more to come from her over the next couple of years.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 1141 viewsChurchman

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 16:28 - Sep 20 by BlueBoots

Struggled to hear it above the gnashing of BoJo's teeth as he sat there wishing it was him in the spotlight for that moment.

As bad as it was, she has done far worse things in the past, and I'm sure we'll have a lot more to come from her over the next couple of years.

I’ve seen worse. She got the words out and I doubt anyone was paying too much attention to them anyway. There’s plenty more important things to hammer her for.

Yes, Johnson’s teeth were grinding like a good un. Don’t think he liked being in the hasbeen pen. Shame he was invited at all given the Queen allegedly loathed him even more than Blair. Now that would have hacked him off.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 16:41 - Sep 20 with 1136 viewsbungaytractor

It wasnt very good but its hard if you only started being pm and the queen dies.....but maybe she will prove alot wrong and be a good pm now there is a new king
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 1041 viewsjaykay

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 15:00 - Sep 20 by blueasfook

Boris would have delivered the speech it so much better.

i think he would have reverted to pepper pig after this

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 19:40 - Sep 20 with 1012 viewsHARRY10

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 12:54 - Sep 20 by BlueForYou

the line separating the two is marginal
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 19:46 - Sep 20 with 990 viewsjas0999

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 10:11 - Sep 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

I can't stand her, but it was a Bible Reading from the 17th Century King James Version. Not an easy piece to deliver live to billions of people.

Dame Judi Dench could probably have read it better, but Truss's brain would have been stuck on "Just don't screw this up".

She didn't disgrace herself. I think there are plenty of other things to attack her on.

So let's talk about how she is going to make the rich, richer and the poor, poorer, and implement a whole raft of legislation that wasn't in the Tory manifesto and hasn't been voted on by the Electorate.

Oh, and she's a scummer, well, at the moment, anyway:

https://www.indy100.com/politics/liz-truss-norwich-city-ncfc

This. Plenty of other things to criticise, but considering the occasion, the world audience she did just fine. It’s a poor show finding fault on this occasion.
Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 882 viewsSeablu

Liz Truss's speech at the funeral on 16:41 - Sep 20 by bungaytractor

It wasnt very good but its hard if you only started being pm and the queen dies.....but maybe she will prove alot wrong and be a good pm now there is a new king

There’s nothing TWTD needs more than another semi-literate right-leaning poster.

If Suck Ear ever becomes PM, all he needs to do is change the ballot papers.

Marking them with a cross makes it too easy for the right wing simpletons that are a danger to themselves.

Make everyone write a correctly punchewated & spellt sentense wood sort the probelem and protect the ingorant from there own stupidity.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024