Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years 14:47 - Jul 21 with 3633 viewsBonneNIL

And let slip through the net, I must admit on paper that's a pretty decent side.

https://www.football-addict.com/en/article/arsenal-fc/ipswich-s-xi-if-they-d-kep

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 14:50 - Jul 21 with 2740 viewsStokieBlue

It's nonsense though isn't it.

We haven't really let any of those slip through the net, they were either on loan and never going to be here permanently or we got a decent transfer fee for them given the situation at the time.

It's just another one of your downer posts, same as all the rest.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 14:51 - Jul 21 with 2725 viewsSTYG

Drives me mad when people compile this sort of drivel.

Often it is the selling of player A for £3m who is now worth £20m, that allowed a club to buy player B for £1m, who went on to be sold for £10m and is now worth £50m, that allowed that club to buy player C for £3m who then got sold for £15m.

It's all well and good saying if we'd have kept them but a) players that are that much better than the club want to leave and b) in the case of players like Downes for example, he only ended up at West Ham by leaving and playing at a better level.

I'd imagine most clubs in the EFL have an XI like this that make them look like they'd be competitive a division or two above where they are now.
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:06 - Jul 21 with 2599 viewsIllinoisblue

Stopped reading upon seeing Begovic in goal. Compete nonsense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 2588 viewsKropotkin123

Tyrone Mings, who reportedly slipped through the net for a record breaking 8m (what the internet tells me)?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:17 - Jul 21 with 2534 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 14:51 - Jul 21 by STYG

Drives me mad when people compile this sort of drivel.

Often it is the selling of player A for £3m who is now worth £20m, that allowed a club to buy player B for £1m, who went on to be sold for £10m and is now worth £50m, that allowed that club to buy player C for £3m who then got sold for £15m.

It's all well and good saying if we'd have kept them but a) players that are that much better than the club want to leave and b) in the case of players like Downes for example, he only ended up at West Ham by leaving and playing at a better level.

I'd imagine most clubs in the EFL have an XI like this that make them look like they'd be competitive a division or two above where they are now.

Agreed. It’s like when a team has three golden chances in 20 seconds of play and the commentator says they could be 3-0 up.

They couldn’t.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2524 viewsthe_toff

Begovic, Lawrence, Wood, Maitland-Niles, Fraser.

What a joke of an article. These are the players Ipswich could've had, had they ever owned them at any point ever.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:19]
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2521 viewsBonneNIL

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 14:50 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

We haven't really let any of those slip through the net, they were either on loan and never going to be here permanently or we got a decent transfer fee for them given the situation at the time.

SB

You are just using this as another chance to dig at me, it's personal, and it's frankly sad.

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:21 - Jul 21 with 2494 viewsStokieBlue

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:19 - Jul 21 by BonneNIL

You are just using this as another chance to dig at me, it's personal, and it's frankly sad.

Perhaps focus your attention at being a better poster rather than a disingenuous troll?

Abuse reported. Fantastic stuff.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:22]

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:27 - Jul 21 with 2433 viewsBonneNIL

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:21 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

Perhaps focus your attention at being a better poster rather than a disingenuous troll?

Abuse reported. Fantastic stuff.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:22]

The troll is you. You are constantly going after me, fine disagree with me but you are making this personal to deliberately upset me.

Basically what you and the majority are saying is, unless I write constantly about how we are going up, how great the manager or CEO is, and how amazing we are, you are basically a troll or Norwich supporter. I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, none at all, but digging at me on every thread, thats abuse.

Where si your proof I am trolling?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:28 - Jul 21 with 2424 viewsthe_toff

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:27 - Jul 21 by BonneNIL

The troll is you. You are constantly going after me, fine disagree with me but you are making this personal to deliberately upset me.

Basically what you and the majority are saying is, unless I write constantly about how we are going up, how great the manager or CEO is, and how amazing we are, you are basically a troll or Norwich supporter. I have no issue with you disagreeing with me, none at all, but digging at me on every thread, thats abuse.

What do you think of Norwich?
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:29 - Jul 21 with 2417 viewsWestcountryblue

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 14:50 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't post on here often, but many of your posts are really volatile and antagonistic. Perhaps tone it down a little.
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:32 - Jul 21 with 2370 viewsStokieBlue

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:27 - Jul 21 by BonneNIL

"Constantly".

I believe I've replied to you less than 5 times from memory.

Perhaps you're feeling a little defensive because all my points regarding your opening post were correct. You've not tried to defend against any of them because there is no defence, the article is rubbish and you framed it in a deliberately provocative way as numerous other posters have also highlighted.

Pathetic stuff really.

SB

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:34 - Jul 21 with 2354 viewsBonneNIL

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:32 - Jul 21 by StokieBlue

"Constantly".

I believe I've replied to you less than 5 times from memory.

Perhaps you're feeling a little defensive because all my points regarding your opening post were correct. You've not tried to defend against any of them because there is no defence, the article is rubbish and you framed it in a deliberately provocative way as numerous other posters have also highlighted.

Pathetic stuff really.

SB

You are still going after me. I give up, well done, you win I guess? I may as well top myself at this rate.

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:37 - Jul 21 with 2326 viewsStokieBlue

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:34 - Jul 21 by BonneNIL

You are still going after me. I give up, well done, you win I guess? I may as well top myself at this rate.

Um, you responded with a question hence inviting a response?

It's interesting that you persist in not addressing the points myself and others have raised though and instead seek to play the victim.

I'll leave it there because it's pointless.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:37]

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:38 - Jul 21 with 2294 viewshomer_123

That's a rather misleading take though.

How have we let some of those 'slip through the net'?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:39 - Jul 21 with 2281 viewsthe_toff

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:34 - Jul 21 by BonneNIL

That's a very concerning statement that you've just made. I hope you don't mean that and I would encourage you to seek professional support if you are harbouring such thoughts.
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:39 - Jul 21 with 2277 viewshype313

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:38 - Jul 21 by homer_123

That's a rather misleading take though.

How have we let some of those 'slip through the net'?

Not one has slipped through the net.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:41 - Jul 21 with 2270 viewsStokieBlue

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:39 - Jul 21 by the_toff

That's a very concerning statement that you've just made. I hope you don't mean that and I would encourage you to seek professional support if you are harbouring such thoughts.

I assume he doesn't mean it but you are indeed correct that he should seek immediate help.

I'll not be responding to him anymore as he can't cope with being challenged.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 15:42]

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 15:44 - Jul 21 with 2212 viewsjeera

Sorry pal but that is an awful piece to be fair.

Here's a list of players who are no longer at [whatever club].

Wtf does it have to do with them anyway?

Can't still be bitter after 44 years surely.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:12 - Jul 21 with 2067 viewsJ2BLUE

People being harsh on the OP. Slip through the net is just a phrase, not blaming the club.

He’s just posting something Ipswich related. Direct your ire at the website.

Truly impaired.

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:22 - Jul 21 with 2021 viewshomer_123

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:12 - Jul 21 by J2BLUE

People being harsh on the OP. Slip through the net is just a phrase, not blaming the club.

Nope - the words 'slip through the net' is the OPs words....not the articles.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:27 - Jul 21 with 1980 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:22 - Jul 21 by homer_123

Nope - the words 'slip through the net' is the OPs words....not the articles.

I didn’t say it wasn’t. It’s just a phrase though.

Like “the one that got away” for that girl in your 20s you never stood a chance with.

Truly impaired.

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:27 - Jul 21 with 1976 viewsclive_baker

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:12 - Jul 21 by J2BLUE

Looks like the account has gone now anyway.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:30 - Jul 21 with 1939 viewsPhilTWTD

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:27 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

Looks like the account has gone now anyway.

Spotted that it was linked to another account which had previously been banned.
Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:34 - Jul 21 with 1911 viewsKropotkin123

Arsenal Addict piece of the wealth of talent we have had in recent years on 16:30 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

Spotted that it was linked to another account which had previously been banned.

BonneVoyage?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024