Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 Goal Striker needed 09:38 - May 18 with 1221 viewsOsborneOneNil

Or is it? Been thinking after reading the Piggott thread….

With the style of play we are going with maybe the ‘strikers’ are not necessarily going to be 20 goal a season men. Our top scorer this season isn’t a striker, he’s not even a midfielder. He’s a wing back. Then you have the No.10’s….Chappers bagged a good number. If we manage to get the left side even 75% as effective as Wes, Chappers continues to score, Morsy carries on as he ended last season, we may be ok for goals. The strikers will be in the mould of Jackson, direct, pace, creating room for your Wes, Chappers etc.

Take City. No striker per se, goals from all over.

Just a thought.
20 Goal Striker needed on 09:46 - May 18 with 1177 viewsSheffordBlue

You missed out our Box to Box Centre Backs! I reckon Woolfie could be worth a few goals from open play given how he finished off the season

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:49 - May 18 with 1156 viewsGuthrum

That does get around the issue of a prize striker getting injured or losing form. Also gives the opposition more people to mark.

On the other hand, non-strikers aren't the skilled marksmen needed to hit the target more often than not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:54 - May 18 with 1141 viewspointofblue

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:46 - May 18 by SheffordBlue

You missed out our Box to Box Centre Backs! I reckon Woolfie could be worth a few goals from open play given how he finished off the season

It’d be nice if he could just score a handful from set pieces.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:58 - May 18 with 1131 viewsSteve_M

I'm still curious as to how Bonne, in Aug - Oct form, would have worked in McK's system. Oxford away in the second half he was very good but didn't do that consistently.

We clearly need an updgrade and maybe 15 goals but also need to add another 10-15 goals from set pieces.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

20 Goal Striker needed on 10:14 - May 18 with 1068 viewsOsborneOneNil

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:58 - May 18 by Steve_M

I'm still curious as to how Bonne, in Aug - Oct form, would have worked in McK's system. Oxford away in the second half he was very good but didn't do that consistently.

We clearly need an updgrade and maybe 15 goals but also need to add another 10-15 goals from set pieces.

Totally agree on the set pieces, did we score any last year?

I still can’t understand the dip in form from Bonne, dramatic. He’d have bagged another 10 with McKenna if on early form, I’m sure.
20 Goal Striker needed on 10:28 - May 18 with 1024 viewsjayessess

20 Goal Striker needed on 10:14 - May 18 by OsborneOneNil

Totally agree on the set pieces, did we score any last year?

I still can’t understand the dip in form from Bonne, dramatic. He’d have bagged another 10 with McKenna if on early form, I’m sure.

I think Macca's early season form was built on some fairly unsustainable chance conversion. He scored from 40% of his first 25 shots, which is basically unheard of over a whole season.

If he'd been in good shooting form, rather than ridiculous shooting form, he'd have had something more like 5 goals in 12 games, rather than 10. So we/he weren't making enough shooting opportunities for his early season form to be sustainable.

Add in some personal problems, a period where he clearly had the yips in front of goal, then a whole 3rd of the season where he was in and out of the team and that about covers it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

20 Goal Striker needed on 10:56 - May 18 with 952 viewssuffolkpoker

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:46 - May 18 by SheffordBlue

Woolfie has got more goals than Pigott this season. So it must be true :-/

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

20 Goal Striker needed on 11:56 - May 18 with 861 viewssuffolkpoker

20 Goal Striker needed on 09:58 - May 18 by Steve_M

I still think Bonne works in the system. I would still like us to sign him as 1 of our 4 strikers. He always looks a threat and works hard for the team.

The gamble is can we find better for the same money.

Login to get fewer ads

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:13 - May 18 with 794 viewsmonty_radio

Man City are an exception, and one who also feels the need to add Haaland to the mix.

Town don't score enough ordinary, scruffy goals, partly because they don't usually field someone, Norwood excepted, who sees it at his business to be there in the middle of things adding to his own goal tally.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:17 - May 18 with 779 viewsVeggie

I guess we are going more down the Liverpool route in that their ‘striker’ isn’t really an out and out goal scorer. That’s probably why kMc favours someone like Jackson who has pace to stretch the defence and open up opportunities for others.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 12:18]
20 Goal Striker needed on 12:36 - May 18 with 735 viewsjayessess

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:13 - May 18 by monty_radio

Man City are an exception, and one who also feels the need to add Haaland to the mix.

Town don't score enough ordinary, scruffy goals, partly because they don't usually field someone, Norwood excepted, who sees it at his business to be there in the middle of things adding to his own goal tally.

We could definitely do with that skillset, but married to more ability to affect general play. Norwood's hold-up and link play left a lot to be desired.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 12:55]

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:52 - May 18 with 700 viewssuffolkpoker

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:13 - May 18 by monty_radio

I still think a big target man is essential in this league.
Just get some ugly beast of a man, who love scoring and kicking grannies.
#properbloke

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:57 - May 18 with 678 viewsjayessess

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:52 - May 18 by suffolkpoker

I still think a big target man is essential in this league.
Just get some ugly beast of a man, who love scoring and kicking grannies.
#properbloke

Wigan's main target man was Will Keane.

20 Goal Striker needed on 13:32 - May 18 with 628 viewssuffolkpoker

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:57 - May 18 by jayessess

Wigan's main target man was Will Keane.

Will Keane doesnt kick grannies! Shame he was never fit for us.

20 Goal Striker needed on 13:37 - May 18 with 596 viewsBseaBlue

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:36 - May 18 by jayessess

We could definitely do with that skillset, but married to more ability to affect general play. Norwood's hold-up and link play left a lot to be desired.

In an ideal world, you would have a mixture of himself and Jackson for a good combination, perhaps with more of a target man (in the ilk of Hirst) as another option.
20 Goal Striker needed on 13:41 - May 18 with 573 viewsjayessess

20 Goal Striker needed on 13:32 - May 18 by suffolkpoker

Will Keane doesnt kick grannies! Shame he was never fit for us.

Not even ugly.

20 Goal Striker needed on 13:52 - May 18 with 548 viewsOsborneOneNil

20 Goal Striker needed on 12:36 - May 18 by jayessess

Generally a shocking first touch.

He could control it further than I can kick it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024