Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody know why .... 18:43 - Apr 13 with 2537 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...covid deaths are 651 today? (up 418 on last week?)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anybody know why .... on 18:51 - Apr 13 with 2092 viewsBluemer

Due to technical reasons, todays figures include a backlog from yesterday I believe
Anybody know why .... on 18:51 - Apr 13 with 2091 views66notout

Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that COVID remains rife despite the Government having apparently washed their hands - pardon the pun - of it?
Anybody know why .... on 18:57 - Apr 13 with 2061 viewsGeoffSentence

Anybody know why .... on 18:51 - Apr 13 by Bluemer

Due to technical reasons, todays figures include a backlog from yesterday I believe

Aye, seems to be the case

13 April 2022
Log category:data issue
Deaths figures for England include backlog

Following the technical issue affecting one route of reporting to UKHSA yesterday, today's deaths figures by report date include some deaths that would have been reported on 12 April 2022.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anybody know why .... on 19:02 - Apr 13 with 2065 viewsjas0999

… also doesn’t account for those who had other underlying health conditions.
Anybody know why .... on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 2013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anybody know why .... on 18:57 - Apr 13 by GeoffSentence

13 April 2022

Following the technical issue affecting one route of reporting to UKHSA yesterday, today's deaths figures by report date include some deaths that would have been reported on 12 April 2022.

Phew, only the 300 odd still dying each day then. For a minute I thought we could have a problem.

That’s not aimed at you of course. I’m just confused, annoyed and a little bit angry as to why we’ve got to a point that 300+ deaths a day (and it’ll probably rise again in the next wave) doesn’t register any apparent concern with anyone.

It’s equivalent to a large airliner coming down in the UK every single day. Or 13 or 14 Manchester bombings, or not far off our worse naval tragedies or mining disasters, every single day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 1992 viewsBloots

Anybody know why .... on 19:06 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

Phew, only the 300 odd still dying each day then. For a minute I thought we could have a problem.

That’s not aimed at you of course. I’m just confused, annoyed and a little bit angry as to why we’ve got to a point that 300+ deaths a day (and it’ll probably rise again in the next wave) doesn’t register any apparent concern with anyone.

It’s equivalent to a large airliner coming down in the UK every single day. Or 13 or 14 Manchester bombings, or not far off our worse naval tragedies or mining disasters, every single day.

....219 deaths (RIP) of all causes within 28 days of a positive covid test.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:14 - Apr 13 with 1969 viewsSwansea_Blue

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:12 - Apr 13 by Bloots

....219 deaths (RIP) of all causes within 28 days of a positive covid test.

Still sounds like a lot to me, but then we get into whether Covid was contributing or just incidental I suppose.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 19:15]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anybody know why .... on 19:15 - Apr 13 with 1956 viewsLeoMuff

Anybody know why .... on 19:02 - Apr 13 by jas0999

Why would it ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody know why .... on 19:16 - Apr 13 with 1957 viewsBlueBadger

Are you suggesting that we should be protecting our more vulnerable members of society with some basic, cheap, simple precautions?

If so, good on yer. Don't be scared to be explicit about it.

Or, are you pulling some 'ah well, it's only sick people anyway' bullsh1t?
That bullsh1t is why we had one of the highest death tolls in the world at one point.

Sick and vulnerable people have loved ones too.

If it's the second, you can go Eff yourself.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 16:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:18 - Apr 13 with 1926 viewsBlueBadger

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:14 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

Still sounds like a lot to me, but then we get into whether Covid was contributing or just incidental I suppose.

It generally doesn't make things BETTER.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:21 - Apr 13 with 1899 viewsBloots

....where stats can be chucked around to prove any argument unfortunately.

Difficult innit.

Anybody know why .... on 19:24 - Apr 13 with 1884 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody know why .... on 18:57 - Apr 13 by GeoffSentence

13 April 2022

Fairly sure yesterday was only 20 less than previously but may well be wrong on that.

The latest 7 day average is...... on 19:26 - Apr 13 with 1869 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Either way it would be the same methodology as previously.

Anybody know why .... on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 1868 viewsjeera

Can people please stop with this vile sh1t?

You do realise plenty of people live normal lives with health conditions and that something such as Covid causes other problems that can exacerbate those existing conditions?

This doesn't make those human beings expendable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 1862 viewsBlueBadger

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:21 - Apr 13 by Bloots

....where stats can be chucked around to prove any argument unfortunately.

Difficult innit.

What I *will* say, anecdotally on the ground is that it's EVERYWHERE in hospitals at the moment. It's causing death directly when it's symtomatic(symptomatic cases are roughly 45% of our positive inpatients, right now) and indirectly because positive patients end up getting 'cohorts' together in designated areas being looked after in very 'generalist' areas regardless of what their specific needs might be and because having to close 'contact' bays means reduced capacity, so there's a growing number of acutely unwell people sitting in ambulances outside ED or, sitting in ED waiting hours(sometimes even days) for a bed, any bed.
Which again, may not be the most appropriate bed.

Anybody know why .... on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 1838 viewsfooters

Anybody know why .... on 19:29 - Apr 13 by jeera

Can people please stop with this vile sh1t?

You do realise plenty of people live normal lives with health conditions and that something such as Covid causes other problems that can exacerbate those existing conditions?

This doesn't make those human beings expendable.

'Yeah, you didn't die of AIDS so AIDS isn't really the problem.'

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anybody know why .... on 19:35 - Apr 13 with 1824 viewsGeoffSentence

Anybody know why .... on 19:24 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fairly sure yesterday was only 20 less than previously but may well be wrong on that.

60 less than the day before, so the 651 does look like a bit of a jump even if some records were carried over

date newDeaths28DaysByPublishDate
2022-04-13 651
2022-04-12 288
2022-04-11 348
2022-04-10 0
2022-04-09 0
2022-04-08 347
2022-04-07 317
2022-04-06 233
2022-04-05 368
2022-04-04 210

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anybody know why .... on 19:37 - Apr 13 with 1820 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody know why .... on 19:33 - Apr 13 by footers

'Yeah, you didn't die of AIDS so AIDS isn't really the problem.'

Last fortnight, I've been out around a dozen times to an individual with a condition that cause progressive scarring of the lungs. It's incurable but can be managed and many people live good lives for many years post diagnosis with good management.

Poor b*gger had COVID back in Feb, it's excarbatedd and progressed it about 5 years in 6 weeks, probably thats to the weird things that it does to the immune system(still). They've gone from being independent, driving and generally enjoying their life to being essentially bed bound(because any kind of movement causes near-catastrophic breathlessness) in 6 weeks.

Almost certainly because of covid.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 19:52]

When you drop a pandemic..... on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1793 viewsBloots

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:30 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

What I *will* say, anecdotally on the ground is that it's EVERYWHERE in hospitals at the moment. It's causing death directly when it's symtomatic(symptomatic cases are roughly 45% of our positive inpatients, right now) and indirectly because positive patients end up getting 'cohorts' together in designated areas being looked after in very 'generalist' areas regardless of what their specific needs might be and because having to close 'contact' bays means reduced capacity, so there's a growing number of acutely unwell people sitting in ambulances outside ED or, sitting in ED waiting hours(sometimes even days) for a bed, any bed.

...into an already underfunded and badly mismanaged NHS it's a recipe for disaster.

What a world.

Lambert out.

When you drop a pandemic..... on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 1784 viewsBlueBadger

When you drop a pandemic..... on 19:40 - Apr 13 by Bloots

...into an already underfunded and badly mismanaged NHS it's a recipe for disaster.

What a world.

Lambert out.

We're probably coping with it worse now, than we were in January 21.

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 1731 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:30 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

On a positive note it looks like the latest hospital admissions peak may have been reached. Less positively I heard of an otherwise healthy 47 year old in the area who died 2 days after becoming symptomatic.

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:54 - Apr 13 with 1711 viewsBlueBadger

It's one of those discussions.... on 19:49 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

On a positive note it looks like the latest hospital admissions peak may have been reached. Less positively I heard of an otherwise healthy 47 year old in the area who died 2 days after becoming symptomatic.

Went out to someone yesterday with horrible both-side blood clots. No family history of anything like this.
Unvaccinated.
Probably covid related.

Anybody know why .... on 20:32 - Apr 13 with 1629 viewsmutters

Not underplaying the situation but does anybody know how many people die on average each day in the UK pre COVID?
Would be interesting to know for a comparison and whether the overall daily totals now are close to that mean

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Anybody know why .... on 20:52 - Apr 13 with 1582 viewsChurchman

Anybody know why .... on 20:32 - Apr 13 by mutters

Not underplaying the situation but does anybody know how many people die on average each day in the UK pre COVID?
Would be interesting to know for a comparison and whether the overall daily totals now are close to that mean

I have found the following, which at first sight looks interesting.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhN

For perspective, the number of people that die in the U.K. each year was 50k in 1990 and 59k in 2020. Obviously the population has risen from 57m to 70m in that time, but the most interesting stat is the mortality rate that in crude terms 916.1 per 100k in 2018 and 1016.2 per 100k in 2020. I assume the difference is Covid but I don’t actually know.
Anybody know why .... on 21:20 - Apr 13 with 1513 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You really still doing this?

March will be available soon but in February there were less deaths than the 5 year average, predating Covid.

In February 2022, there were 43,081 deaths registered in England, 3,338 deaths (7.2%) fewer than the February five-year average (2016 to 2019, and 2021); there were 2,730 deaths registered in Wales, 267 deaths (8.9%) fewer than the February average.
(Source, ONS)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024