Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (Edit: fake) 13:00 - Mar 25 with 2166 viewsgiant_stow

(edit: this video is fake, but i'll leave here unless Phil wants to delete it, as the discussion which follows is valid and needs context. apologies)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/shocking-moment-four-russian-helicopters-sh

Sorry if I shouldn't be linking to this - just that all these missiles are slightly awesome - who'd want to be in a tank/helicopter in a war these days? Blimey

[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 17:20]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:02 - Mar 25 with 2123 viewstivo

Hasn't this been widely confirmed as being from a video game?
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:03 - Mar 25 with 2107 viewsgiant_stow

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:02 - Mar 25 by tivo

Has it? Well that serves me right for linking it. Apologies if true.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:09 - Mar 25 with 2065 viewsBiGDonnie

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:02 - Mar 25 by tivo

Not this video, but yes a previous clip was confirmed to be a video game. Whether this is legit or not I don't know, certainly looks realistic.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:25 - Mar 25 with 2011 viewspointofblue

The saddest thing is there are people on each of those helicopters who didn’t stand a chance. Yes, Russia should not be invading Ukraine but every life matters.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:32 - Mar 25 with 1968 viewsSarge

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:25 - Mar 25 by pointofblue

The saddest thing is there are people on each of those helicopters who didn’t stand a chance. Yes, Russia should not be invading Ukraine but every life matters.

My first thought was if they don’t shoot them down they will only go on to murder more innocent Ukrainians so who cares. But then I watched the video and yeah, it’s quite horrific just to see how fast they’re taken out and what it must have been like on board them.
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:35 - Mar 25 with 1950 viewsBiGDonnie

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:32 - Mar 25 by Sarge

My first thought was if they don’t shoot them down they will only go on to murder more innocent Ukrainians so who cares. But then I watched the video and yeah, it’s quite horrific just to see how fast they’re taken out and what it must have been like on board them.

I'd imagine it was very quick and painless looking at the footage.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 15:16 - Mar 25 with 1762 viewssolomon

This conflict does seem to suggest that the weapons manufacturers have been quite successful in producing weapons that perform extremely well in combat , the javelin is a good example and although a reasonably oldish weapon it does seem to have an edge on the Russian armour.
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:14 - Mar 25 with 1630 viewsjeera

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 13:32 - Mar 25 by Sarge

Like you say not a nice way to go.

But I'm still more on board with your first line.

Don't want to get blasted out of the sky? Then don't slaughter innocent civilians.

Feck 'em frankly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:29 - Mar 25 with 1595 viewsChurchman

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:14 - Mar 25 by jeera

Don't want to get blasted out of the sky? Then don't slaughter innocent civilians.

Feck 'em frankly.

Agree entirely. My thoughts are with those poor civilians slaughtered, trapped in Mariupol and other places, not military people that shouldn’t even be there. If the recording is not a video game, their bad day goes with the territory.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 16:32]
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:43 - Mar 25 with 1543 viewsSitfcB

Confirmed fake

This was RTd by @HoaxEye

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:50 - Mar 25 with 1528 viewsjeera

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:43 - Mar 25 by SitfcB

Confirmed fake

This was RTd by @HoaxEye

Fair play, would rather know than repeat something untrue.

I still feel a pang of disappointment though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:54 - Mar 25 with 1511 viewsDanTheMan

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:43 - Mar 25 by SitfcB

Confirmed fake

This was RTd by @HoaxEye

Was going to say it looked a lot like ARMA but couldn't be sure.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 17:07 - Mar 25 with 1478 viewsgiant_stow

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:54 - Mar 25 by DanTheMan

Was going to say it looked a lot like ARMA but couldn't be sure.

Apologies all - I'll be more careful next time.

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 20:24 - Mar 25 with 1272 viewseastangliaisblue

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 16:14 - Mar 25 by jeera

Feck 'em frankly.

Exactly this. I know the video is fake, but the sentiment is the same. If you don't want to be shot down in a helicopter, perhaps it's a good idea not to be flying around in a democratic country shooting missiles at civilian areas. So feck 'em, let 'em burn.
Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (Edit: fake) on 21:32 - Mar 25 with 1167 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought it didn’t look right, but didn’t want to say anything for fear of undermining something that could be real. At a couple of points the helicopters movement is a bit iffy and the explosions and smoke looked too uniform. Not that that tweet proves unequivocally it’s a fake, but close enough.

Trouble is, I don’t get to see many missiles attacks on helicopters to compare it with! Hard to believe for Swansea, I know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (Edit: fake) on 22:47 - Mar 25 with 1081 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In other breaking news...Putin is actually a lovely man and being deep faked to make it look like he is mean and there is no war. What a fantastic world awaits our children in which "believe nothing " will be the mantra.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 06:07 - Mar 26 with 968 viewsbournemouthblue

Video 4 Russian helicopters shot down (unverified) on 17:07 - Mar 25 by giant_stow

Apologies all - I'll be more careful next time.

I did a degree in 3D computer animation and whilst this doesn't make me an imagery expert

The tell tale signs for me are that the helicopters are too clear, the movement isn't quite right and the camera footage and focus is all a bit too smooth

That isn't criticising the graphics by any means, it's staggering what can be achieved in video games nowadays

Whilst this maybe fake, it doesn't mean there aren't real examples of this going on

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024