Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I don't get... 19:06 - Feb 5 with 847 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Is that under Cook at the start of the season there were so many saying that oh the football performances were great, don't worry the results will come...

...now we've won 5 in 7 and people are moaning about the performances. We've seen McKenna can get this team to win playing nice football. But so far he's getting them to win. AND THAT IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE GAME.

I'm sure he'll get them to look like peak Barce eventually but be grateful for the win%.

The previous manager got 7 league wins in 23 games.
Mckenna has 5 league wins in 7 games.

He's so far ahead of Cook it's not true. That is a massive turnaround in our fortunes.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 19:07]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

What I don't get... on 19:07 - Feb 5 with 806 viewsCoastalblue

I read that as peak Bruce initially!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What I don't get... on 19:09 - Feb 5 with 783 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What I don't get... on 19:07 - Feb 5 by Coastalblue

Peak Bruce. HA

What I don't get... on 19:10 - Feb 5 with 772 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What I don't get... on 19:07 - Feb 5 by Coastalblue

Sorry tried to upvote you there and hit down by mistake

What I don't get... on 19:13 - Feb 5 with 746 viewsunstableblue

People are talking about the performance, because:

A) it was terrible to watch and made you wonder why you bother
B) that kind of performance will not beat a Sheff Weds as we know, or an MK Dons

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What I don't get... on 19:15 - Feb 5 with 709 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's finding the balance OM

Again. When Lambert had us winning ugly. It ended in failure when we couldn't turn it on against the better sides,
We've had 1 game where we were comfortable. In all others ( thankfully we've had the rub of the green)

Again that's not saying he's doing a bad job. Quite the opposite as we are at least winning which we didn't do under PC.

However there is 0 chance of going up if we don't perform better than we are. These wins will happen against the worse teams, but if it doesn't improve we won't do enough wen it matters, as seen v Bolton and Sheff Wed.

So again it's just a case of doing better than PC... check.
Doing better than Lambert? Not yet. ( which BTW. You wouldn't expect as it's so new into his time here. But that doesn't mean people can't comment on things that aren't all roses and amazing)
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 19:17]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What I don't get... on 19:28 - Feb 5 with 615 viewsjayessess

Certainly nicer to be walking away saying "off, we could've lost that" rather than "ffs, how did we lose that".

Not conceding a lot of goals is a fantastic platform to win football matches. Keeping possession is a good way of making sure you control them. The fluent attacking patterns is the next thing.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What I don't get... on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 512 viewsArnieM

Whilst I agree it’s nice seeing attractive football. I feel I must point out that we are in LEAGUE ONE ( Third Division), and not the Premier League .

Teams are not going to allow us to play our pretty tippy tappy football ( except in our own half where we are absolutely no threat to them , but with our two CB’s likely to give the ball away at least once in a game, make us more likely to be threat to our own goal than our opponents!) . There no law surely that’s states we cannot intersperse our nice tippy tappy football with the occasional quick pass FORWARD to our waiting strikers … or perish the thought , take on the left or right back , beat him , get to the by line and CROSS the effing ball at the soonest opportunity ( again to our waiting strikers) into the box , instead of the 4000+ Sideways, back , sideways passing before we lose possession and have to race babk towards our goal to stop our more direct opponents getting a shot off .. …

Stop pissing about with it and get the ball in the opponents half quicker … and get those crosses into the box quicker. We are not bloody Barcelona !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024