Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Day Travel 10:32 - Jan 20 with 1323 viewskizaitfc

How strict are rules on a beer on the coach?

Considering using my team points from Pack Our PR for MK Dons travel.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Away Day Travel on 10:39 - Jan 20 with 1292 viewsbilllm

Strictly none,we always drank vodka and come in bottles, don't enjoy the official travel to regimental,
Yummm, salty and slightly viscous. (n/t) on 10:42 - Jan 20 with 1258 viewsBloots

Away Day Travel on 10:39 - Jan 20 by billlm

Strictly none,we always drank vodka and come in bottles, don't enjoy the official travel to regimental,

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Away Day Travel on 10:59 - Jan 20 with 1196 viewsbilllm

Away Day Travel on 10:39 - Jan 20 by billlm

Coke, lol
Away Day Travel on 11:02 - Jan 20 with 1200 viewsITFC_Forever

Very strict on the official travel club ones.

Alcohol is very strictly forbidden.

Coaches have been known to have police come and search the coach (back in the day, anyway), and if any alcohol is found, the police have the power to turn back the coach and suspend the coach company's operating licence.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away Day Travel on 11:39 - Jan 20 with 1125 viewsParky

Not worth the hassle, some absolute doopers on there.

Never forget coming home from Newcastle, stopped at a service station on the way back, the oldies said they only want a 15 minute stop as want to get home [fair enough], I ran in and got a KFC for dinner and they wouldn’t let me on the coach with it, as it was “hot food”.

Meanwhile, some old hag at the front was sat eating her smelly tuna sandwiches, crisps, the lot. Ended up eating my KFC outside the coach with everyone just sat there watching me.

Each to their own and all, but I’ve vowed to never travel on them again.
Away Day Travel on 11:50 - Jan 20 with 1075 viewsSitfcB

Bit of vodka/rum in a few coke bottles.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away Day Travel on 11:55 - Jan 20 with 1063 viewsWallingford_Boy

I just don't get travelling to games on coaches, well, not if you are under 70 anyway.

No alcohol, stuck in same seat for hours (other than the odd comfort break), surrounded by weirdos, etc..

Travelling to games on trains is the best bit of away travel, you can walk around, meet other fans (from other clubs), plus as much booze as you can handle!

RIP Sir Bobby

Away Day Travel on 12:29 - Jan 20 with 952 viewssuffolkpoker

Away Day Travel on 11:39 - Jan 20 by Parky

Never forget coming home from Newcastle, stopped at a service station on the way back, the oldies said they only want a 15 minute stop as want to get home [fair enough], I ran in and got a KFC for dinner and they wouldn’t let me on the coach with it, as it was “hot food”.

Meanwhile, some old hag at the front was sat eating her smelly tuna sandwiches, crisps, the lot. Ended up eating my KFC outside the coach with everyone just sat there watching me.

makes bus replacement seem a walk in the park.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Away Day Travel on 12:32 - Jan 20 with 943 viewsTractorWood

I've had some dicey clashes with the Colonel, but you take the biscuit here.

Kudos.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Away Day Travel on 13:09 - Jan 20 with 877 viewsbilllm

We had the same at Southampton,just ate our burger n chips slowly, infuriated the woman who had previously told us to eat it in double quick time,
Away Day Travel on 13:22 - Jan 20 with 834 viewsITFC_Forever

Away Day Travel on 11:55 - Jan 20 by Wallingford_Boy

I just don't get travelling to games on coaches, well, not if you are under 70 anyway.

No alcohol, stuck in same seat for hours (other than the odd comfort break), surrounded by weirdos, etc..

Travelling to games on trains is the best bit of away travel, you can walk around, meet other fans (from other clubs), plus as much booze as you can handle!

I'll use them for a midweek away game that's any more than a couple of hours away after an almost fatal moment on the way back from Exeter a few years ago at 75mph on the M4 at 1am in the morning....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Away Day Travel on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 733 viewsPendejo

Away Day Travel on 11:02 - Jan 20 by ITFC_Forever

Very strict on the official travel club ones.

Alcohol is very strictly forbidden.

Coaches have been known to have police come and search the coach (back in the day, anyway), and if any alcohol is found, the police have the power to turn back the coach and suspend the coach company's operating licence.

Illegal is the word you were looking for when you typed "strictly forbidden "

Came into effect 1985(?) In respect of vehicles 7+ seats going to / from football matches.

One August morning 1985(?) A private coach had been arranged for QPR that picked up outside Blue Coat Boy. Driver said no booze on coach, drink it or dump it, resulting in the rapid consumption of booze before coach departed and numerous pish stops thereafter.

I was on a whisky phase, so popped into Sainsbury for a 2 lt bottle of coke, dumped some and decanted the whisky. Good to see such traditions maintained as Sitters mentions the tactic elsewhere in this thread.

Can't remember much about game other than it 0-0 and met the Cambridge blues for the first time.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024