Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Mike Ashley has 19:09 - Jan 7 with 1075 viewsbackwaywhen

Put in a late bid to buy Derby ….. interesting.
I see Mike Ashley has on 19:22 - Jan 7 with 1020 viewsjayessess

It's very weird how these very rich men get chased out of one football club and are then desperate to go and own another. Do they know you can just buy a season ticket if you're stuck for something to do on a Saturday?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 19:22]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:24 - Jan 7 with 996 viewsPendejo

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:22 - Jan 7 by jayessess

It's very weird how these very rich men get chased out of one football club and are then desperate to go and own another. Do they know you can just buy a season ticket if you're stuck for something to do on a Saturday?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 19:22]

It's almost like they must know how to make money out of the venture isn't it?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:26 - Jan 7 with 989 viewsfooters

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:24 - Jan 7 by Pendejo

Well, some of them do...

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:30 - Jan 7 with 954 viewsjayessess

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:24 - Jan 7 by Pendejo

I doubt Ashley's return on Newcastle was much better than he could've got investing in real estate or a bunch of other industries. Marcus Evans' return on Ipswich certainly wasn't.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 20:53]

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:32 - Jan 7 with 939 viewsPendejo

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:26 - Jan 7 by footers

Well, some of them do...

If they dive in and buy another club they've made money.

Also it is possible for an individual to profit from a loss making venture, just need some good accountancy and a bunch of off shore shell companies.

uberima fides

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:40 - Jan 7 with 895 viewsPendejo

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:30 - Jan 7 by jayessess

I doubt Ashley's return on Newcastle was much better than he could've got investing in real estate or a bunch of other industries. Marcus Evans' return on Ipswich certainly wasn't.

Without studying the accounts forensically I wouldn't know, but my (limited) experience of vastly wealthy people is they will have a range of investments which will perform differently at different times.

But what I can say for sure, many don't like giving money away, so if he's going back into football he can see an opportunity, plus he likes a distressed purchase.

Again with studying every scrap of accounting evidence I wouldn't rule out ME having made money out of his association with ITFC, Clegg 's contacts would have helped
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 19:42]

uberima fides

I see Mike Ashley has on 08:33 - Jan 8 with 607 viewsChrisd

He’ll probably do a very decent job for them in the Championship as that level of spending probably works for Ashley. If Derby ever got promoted to the EPL is where the problem would lie.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I see Mike Ashley has on 08:46 - Jan 8 with 564 viewsChurchman

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:40 - Jan 7 by Pendejo

Without studying the accounts forensically I wouldn't know, but my (limited) experience of vastly wealthy people is they will have a range of investments which will perform differently at different times.

But what I can say for sure, many don't like giving money away, so if he's going back into football he can see an opportunity, plus he likes a distressed purchase.

Again with studying every scrap of accounting evidence I wouldn't rule out ME having made money out of his association with ITFC, Clegg 's contacts would have helped

I think your point is interesting. If rich people like Ashley and Evans lose so much money in a football club, why do they want another go since the dynamic is the same? It’s not as if the potential is greater at the clubs they’re proposing to buy.

The official figures of what they write off are all in the accounts, but I wonder what they actually lose in reality?
Login to get fewer ads

I see Mike Ashley has on 08:58 - Jan 8 with 542 viewsITFC_Forever

And ME is in advanced talks to buy Huddersfield.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I see Mike Ashley has on 11:29 - Jan 8 with 459 viewsElephantintheRoom

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:30 - Jan 7 by jayessess

If Marcus Evans lost money at Ipswich it seems odd that he wants to dip his offshore toe in the water at Huddersfield. Besides - he still owns more of the club than the new owners - if you count the building site as well as the 5%.

Derbu would appear to be a reasonable punt for Ashley - he seemed to do OK at Newcastle.... I'm sure most Derby fans would settle for financial stability and a small profit in the Premier League...even if Brucey might not be a popular replacement for Wazza.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I see Mike Ashley has on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 413 viewsjayessess

I see Mike Ashley has on 19:40 - Jan 7 by Pendejo

I dunno about that. Lots of very wealthy people become so because they're able to exploit a particular sector at a particular time, not because of any wider general genius. They're often also extremely vain and prone to thinking they can make a success of everything they do, even outside their actual area of expertise.

Maybe there is a way they make money out of these deals, but it's just as plausible it's just about status, profile and excitement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024