Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan 10:49 - Dec 9 with 650 viewsStu_boy

For me morsy needs to be dropped, as said on previoud posts his performances have been unacceptable and tuesday was the final straw for me. He clearly doesn't care about the club and will be off as soon as he can. I wonder can kvy play centre def mid or woolfenden?

Kvy would add pace and strength in there with donacien reverting to rb
Woolfenden again has defensive capabilities whilst being comfy on thd ball and it could benefit him knowing there is cover behind him
Wigan on 10:52 - Dec 9 with 607 viewsRobTheMonk

Why KVY or Wolf when we have El Miz who generally impresses and is a right little ankle biter.
Wigan on 10:55 - Dec 9 with 592 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd rather someone helps him get his focus and determination back on track and then we've got someone who can run the game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wigan on 11:10 - Dec 9 with 527 viewsitfc_bucks

If we persist with 4231, our best XI has to include Morsy. He's simply a cut above anyone else in the team. Certainly more so than a repackaged KVY or Woolfie in there.

People seem to not understand his role, and that's the problem. He's not there to link the front third to the midfield, he's there to link the defensive third to the middle.

Obviously,there will be exceptions, like the Wycombe game, where he drives on and creates a problem for the oppo, but broadly, he's there to be a more dynamic Skuse.

His real problem is that when he receives the ball, he rarely has an outlet up the pitch, so he ends up sideways.
Wigan on 11:11 - Dec 9 with 523 viewsStu_boy

Wigan on 10:52 - Dec 9 by RobTheMonk

Why KVY or Wolf when we have El Miz who generally impresses and is a right little ankle biter.

Apologies, id drop morsy and evans, carroll is never fit either so id play el midz alongside someone like kane
Wigan on 11:21 - Dec 9 with 468 viewsRobTheMonk

Wigan on 11:11 - Dec 9 by Stu_boy

Apologies, id drop morsy and evans, carroll is never fit either so id play el midz alongside someone like kane

No need to apologise! We do need someone that can thread a ball in that central position. Fraser can do it, but it lightweight, Carroll is always injured as you say, Harper can do it but is a lazy passer at times (not putting enough on his pass) and then we have El Miz who whenever I've seen him, puts himself, about goes box to box and generally impresses.

I don't think Wolf would have the positional sense to play in midfield. KVY would be an interesting one though, but I can't help he'd be injured after a couple of firm challenges.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 11:32]
Wigan on 11:22 - Dec 9 with 445 viewsmrshallisfit

Wigan on 10:55 - Dec 9 by Swansea_Blue

I'd rather someone helps him get his focus and determination back on track and then we've got someone who can run the game.

Someone helps him get his focus? Sorry but what the f##k are you talking about?
Wigan on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 445 viewsStokieBlue

If one of the CMs needs to be dropped it's Evans.

Morsy hasn't been good but he spends half the match covering for Evans being rubbish.

Wolf in CM? Bizarre stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wigan on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 439 viewsitfcsuth

Let's not get carried.

He was very poor v Charlton, but so was every outfield player. I don't know where he has said he doesn't care about the club, it seems largely made up based on nothing.

He should continue to be our anchor, but don't think he needs another sitter next to him. Would rather see El Mizouni & Fraser in the no.8 role in front of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024