Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... 23:33 - Nov 23 with 2557 viewsunstableblue

... Rotherham!

Ipswich Town:
17/18 Season - 12th in championship, 15 points off the play-offs, -3 GD, playing some of the worst brand of football in living memory, boos and poison on the stands, manager sacked
18/19 - One of, if not, one of the worst managerial appointments in Town history, player dissent, new players completely out of their depth, relegation to Division 1
19/20 - Promising summer prep and early season form, then manager completely disconnects, and seems to be suffering from some deep issues, team falls apart and has no attacking potency
20/21 - Squad is now really unbalanced, inferior, and includes players who no longer want or should be at the club, repeat of 19/21.. stagnation, Cook fails to connect with dressing room, we finish 9th, 5 points off play-offs, 0 GD.
21/22 - 18 new players, complete rebuild of club on and off the pitch, loads of promise and some great displays, entertainment increasing, but our consistency is our inconsistency, and now form unravelling fast and we were completely abject against an excellent, settled, dynamic and strong Rotherham last night

Remind me again why we should expect to beat Rotherham?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 7:50]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:36 - Nov 23 with 2175 viewsCokeIsKey

That’s an interesting point Paul, thanks for that.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:39 - Nov 23 with 2138 viewspointofblue

Beat Rotherham? Just managing to give them a match would be nice.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:43 - Nov 23 with 2109 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s not expect to beat Rotherham, its aspire to be like them.

I think our owners have loftier ambitions for their huge investment, no matter how good Rotherham are in L1. Who have spent next to nothing to do so and sold their best player.
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:46 - Nov 23 with 2081 viewsBseaBlue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:43 - Nov 23 by ElderGrizzly

It’s not expect to beat Rotherham, its aspire to be like them.

I think our owners have loftier ambitions for their huge investment, no matter how good Rotherham are in L1. Who have spent next to nothing to do so and sold their best player.

Exactly this! The buzzword in football seems to be 'ceiling' and surely in terms of resources ours massively outweighs theirs and yet we are plodding along mid table in the third tier a million miles from where Rotherham are!
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 23:47 - Nov 23 with 2077 viewspatrickswell

I know you like to criticise late era McCarthy but “12th in League One for the 17/18 season” is stretching it even by your standards....
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:06 - Nov 24 with 2001 viewstimothyeo

We've signed players they'd struggle to sign when in the championship

That Rotherham have a recent history better than ours is testament to a manager over performing.

Further evidence of ours under performing
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:10 - Nov 24 with 1992 viewsN2_Blue

Well what’s the point in playing football if we shouldn’t expect to beat any team that has been a little bit more successful than us recently.

No clearly we should be a L1 mid table side for eternity.

Your argument may have a point if Rotherham had a budget bigger than ours to achieve what that have but they don’t.

Therefore if we were managed properly we should be able to outperform Rotherham. Not a divine right no but we have the resources. Unfortunately we appoint the wrong managers and as a club are mentally weak and fragile ever since Roy Keane walked the corridors here

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:14 - Nov 24 with 1988 viewsjayessess

Tonight? No one expected to beat Rotherham with this team.
In general? Well, you're failing as a football club if you invest more money in your manager and players, then end up with a worse team. That's not about having a "divine right", it's just how you establish a reasonable standard as a football club.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 0:19]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:22 - Nov 24 with 1943 viewsbournemouthblue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:10 - Nov 24 by N2_Blue

Well what’s the point in playing football if we shouldn’t expect to beat any team that has been a little bit more successful than us recently.

No clearly we should be a L1 mid table side for eternity.

Your argument may have a point if Rotherham had a budget bigger than ours to achieve what that have but they don’t.

Therefore if we were managed properly we should be able to outperform Rotherham. Not a divine right no but we have the resources. Unfortunately we appoint the wrong managers and as a club are mentally weak and fragile ever since Roy Keane walked the corridors here

I hate saying it but the reality is it may take several years before we get things right

History tells you this with any set of wealthy owners, you rarely get instance success

I appreciate it's a poor league and we want results quickly and we should be expecting more from tonight

But it takes several years of upward momentum, something we haven't had for years

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:29 - Nov 24 with 1920 viewsjayessess

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:22 - Nov 24 by bournemouthblue

I hate saying it but the reality is it may take several years before we get things right

History tells you this with any set of wealthy owners, you rarely get instance success

I appreciate it's a poor league and we want results quickly and we should be expecting more from tonight

But it takes several years of upward momentum, something we haven't had for years

I'm not sure history does tell us that at all. Who are we talking here?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 05:12 - Nov 24 with 1778 viewswkj

The sooner you wake up and realise that we should be better than we are, the better.

Oldham Athletic at home, lower L2 - We let them play well - Tick
Colchester United at home, lower L2 - We let them play well - Tock
Oxford United away - We failed to take our chances - Tick
Oldham Athletic away - We let them play and looked equal to them - Tock
Sunderland - We played well, until we made changes, then failed - Beep Beep Beep
Rotherham at home - We were spanked, pure and simple - Times is up.

You really need to stop making excuses for Cook and the squad and see how sour the milk is at ITFC. We've played so bad against teams we should put away, that those results mean we can't afford to have results like the ones last night against teams who are 'better than us' on paper.

I am not saying Cook Out exactly, but I am saying people need to wake up and smell the coffee. If top two was the goal of the board this season, He's failing - and failing terribly. Should we continually make excuses for failure, or should be asking serious questions of Cook's performance - seems a no brainer to me.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 06:52 - Nov 24 with 1656 viewsHerbivore

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 05:12 - Nov 24 by wkj

The sooner you wake up and realise that we should be better than we are, the better.

Sunderland - We played well, until we made changes, then failed - Beep Beep Beep

You really need to stop making excuses for Cook and the squad and see how sour the milk is at ITFC. We've played so bad against teams we should put away, that those results mean we can't afford to have results like the ones last night against teams who are 'better than us' on paper.

I am not saying Cook Out exactly, but I am saying people need to wake up and smell the coffee. If top two was the goal of the board this season, He's failing - and failing terribly. Should we continually make excuses for failure, or should be asking serious questions of Cook's performance - seems a no brainer to me.

I'd argue Rotherham aren't better than us on paper, if you compare the players at their disposal to the squad at our disposal I think you'd be hard pressed to say they have superior resources at their disposal. On the pitch however they were light years better than us, and that comes down to them being well drilled and playing high tempo football that we just couldn't cope with. Our lack of cohesion and a total absence of a tactical plan was horribly exposed last night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:20 - Nov 24 with 1579 viewstextbackup

i dont expect anything when it comes to ITFC. but lastnight we were fcking sht. not a single positive.
19 games in and we sit where we are, and i dont think we even have a sniff at playoffs.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:52 - Nov 24 with 1485 viewsunstableblue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:20 - Nov 24 by textbackup

i dont expect anything when it comes to ITFC. but lastnight we were fcking sht. not a single positive.
19 games in and we sit where we are, and i dont think we even have a sniff at playoffs.

We were worse than sh!t and some the individual performances weren’t even league two standard

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:54 - Nov 24 with 1459 viewschicoazul

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:52 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

We were worse than sh!t and some the individual performances weren’t even league two standard

I guess those players just didn’t want it enough.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:55 - Nov 24 with 1449 viewsunstableblue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 05:12 - Nov 24 by wkj

What excuses am I making for cook? See note below. Last night was completely unacceptable and cook deserves everything he gets

My point is people need to wake up to where we are as a club and our recent history/ multiple posts saying ‘it’s only Rotherham’ … ridiculous

“Tonight was completely unacceptable, albeit Rotherham were excellent across the park and deserve promotion which they will achieve - they were technical, energetic, organised and ruthless

Back to the model:

- have the better quality players who are settled and confident - feck off… Clements (bless him), evans, Penney, Chaplin, Toto were awful… eclipsed in every position apart from Fraser, Celina and Edmundson
- have the greater desire and energy - feck off, maybe only Edmundson, maybe bonne… everyone else were like rabbits on the headlights… this felt like Bolton after the promise
- have the better tactics, system of play, technical set-up… again this is back to Bolton, and worse there is no patterns of play to free bonne, overload wide, no stretch

Really bad night, really bad, massive pressure on cook and rightly

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:56 - Nov 24 with 1443 viewsOldboy

A squad that isn't as good as we thought/hoped. Add that to a manager who isn't as good as we thought/hoped and we are no where near Rotherham. It isn't just about last night, but the season.
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:58 - Nov 24 with 1427 viewswkj

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:55 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

What excuses am I making for cook? See note below. Last night was completely unacceptable and cook deserves everything he gets

My point is people need to wake up to where we are as a club and our recent history/ multiple posts saying ‘it’s only Rotherham’ … ridiculous

“Tonight was completely unacceptable, albeit Rotherham were excellent across the park and deserve promotion which they will achieve - they were technical, energetic, organised and ruthless

Back to the model:

- have the better quality players who are settled and confident - feck off… Clements (bless him), evans, Penney, Chaplin, Toto were awful… eclipsed in every position apart from Fraser, Celina and Edmundson
- have the greater desire and energy - feck off, maybe only Edmundson, maybe bonne… everyone else were like rabbits on the headlights… this felt like Bolton after the promise
- have the better tactics, system of play, technical set-up… again this is back to Bolton, and worse there is no patterns of play to free bonne, overload wide, no stretch

Really bad night, really bad, massive pressure on cook and rightly

My post is aimed at the fact you believe the fans should change their perception. Not at all, as usual, the fans have picked themselves up from being bereft of hope - and are supporting the team in a way that Cook and the team frankly don't deserve to be supported right now.

Your model is just a bunch of waffle, sorry but it is. Cook and the coaches should be coaching the team into being competitive - it's as simple as that.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:00]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 08:16 - Nov 24 with 1368 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 06:52 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I'd argue Rotherham aren't better than us on paper, if you compare the players at their disposal to the squad at our disposal I think you'd be hard pressed to say they have superior resources at their disposal. On the pitch however they were light years better than us, and that comes down to them being well drilled and playing high tempo football that we just couldn't cope with. Our lack of cohesion and a total absence of a tactical plan was horribly exposed last night.

Exactly.
As a group of highly talented, for league1, individuals, the team has to earn the right to be able to play the football that it evidently can and in turn win matches.
We were bullied physically, appear to be a bit mentally weak and created next to feck all.
Warne identified this and was tactically more astute. Rotherham,s 'keeper won't have an easier game this season.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 09:03 - Nov 24 with 1264 viewsunstableblue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 07:54 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

I guess those players just didn’t want it enough.

Rotherham players had a platform of confidence, self belief... and they had twice the desire we had to want to win battles and critically the belief to try things and be expansive

Combine that with poor quality at left back

And a system of play to supply Bonne that completely failed against the oppposition

It became a cl@sterf@ck.. depressing

!!THIS!! on 09:05 - Nov 24 with 1254 viewsunstableblue

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 00:22 - Nov 24 by bournemouthblue

Look at the timeline of despair and appalling football and management we've endured...

How can anyone think that is going be fixed over night by bringing in a load of new players

!!THIS!! on 09:09 - Nov 24 with 1227 viewsHerbivore

!!THIS!! on 09:05 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

Look at the timeline of despair and appalling football and management we've endured...

How can anyone think that is going be fixed over night by bringing in a load of new players

I don't buy this line of argument at all. The overwhelming majority of our squad has zero association with previous managers or owners. Why would they need turning around exactly? It's just more flannel to inexplicably seek to excuse a failing manager.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 9:10]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

!!THIS!! on 09:20 - Nov 24 with 1178 viewstimothyeo

!!THIS!! on 09:05 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

That's just a handy excuse.

No club our size or similar gets relegated from the Championship without baggage (even those down the road had protests against owners, cheap option putting Gunn in as manager, several years of Champs mediocrity), but pretty much all of them put up a better fight than we have.
I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 09:20 - Nov 24 with 1175 viewschicoazul

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 09:03 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

Rotherham players had a platform of confidence, self belief... and they had twice the desire we had to want to win battles and critically the belief to try things and be expansive

Combine that with poor quality at left back

And a system of play to supply Bonne that completely failed against the oppposition

It became a cl@sterf@ck.. depressing

But it’s still not the managers fault, am I right

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I just wanted to pick up this vibe that we have a divine right as better than... on 09:26 - Nov 24 with 1157 viewsSteve_M

You whinged your way through McCarthy's time here despite the year on year improvement from 2012-15 and, yet, you are relaxed about being mid-table in League One for a third successive season.

It's really odd.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024