Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Australian nuclear submarines... 07:41 - Sep 16 with 1257 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Security cos that will show China or more public money lining corporate pockets?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Australian nuclear submarines... on 07:58 - Sep 16 with 1213 viewsDubtractor

I think, sadly, it's a bit of both. A bit of international cock waving, and a bit of corporate profit.

Depresses me tbh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Australian nuclear submarines... on 08:05 - Sep 16 with 1190 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Australian nuclear submarines... on 07:58 - Sep 16 by Dubtractor

I think, sadly, it's a bit of both. A bit of international cock waving, and a bit of corporate profit.

Depresses me tbh.

2 mornings in a row I've brightened up your day Dubbers!

Australian nuclear submarines... on 08:19 - Sep 16 with 1159 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Depresses me tbh.

Good to see the Universal Credit savings being so well spent...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/16/tax-rises-austerity-social

"I caught up with Grace again this week. She has given up care work, part of an exodus from a sector that has seen carers sign on with Amazon as warehouse pickers for more money. Grace is now a nursing assistant in a hospital, doing tasks she did while a home care worker and working similar hours — but for a 50% wage increase and with readily available equipment. What did she make of the new care levy? “They’re asking people like me, people who work all hours for nearly minimum wage, and who will never be able to buy our own home, to pay more to keep rich families in their homes,” she said. “This government is milking us.”

Australian nuclear submarines... on 08:22 - Sep 16 with 1158 viewstextbackup

can't hear the word submarine now without wanting to try bone suranne jones in one of those small compact bunkbeds

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Australian nuclear submarines... on 09:45 - Sep 16 with 1076 viewsBloomBlue

It's only the engines, better for the whales and dolphins than those diesel engines submarines use
Nah, the Doctor first.... on 09:48 - Sep 16 with 1072 viewsBloots

Australian nuclear submarines... on 08:22 - Sep 16 by textbackup

can't hear the word submarine now without wanting to try bone suranne jones in one of those small compact bunkbeds

...in full uniform.

Then Jones (and her girlfriend).

Sexist pig.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Australian nuclear submarines... on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 1071 viewsGuthrum

It's the reason the US pulled out of Afghanistan - close down a Central Asian entanglement to concentrate on deterring China's push to the south-east.

I think Xi Jinping is unlikely to start a major war carelessly (Hitler's mistake). However, Beijing will be (as it is already) using armed threats to push out their territorial claims as far as possible, attempt to force Taiwan into their sphere of influence and provide a useful foreign policy distraction for situations at home (unite behind the Party against the Guizi).

Tho I doubt Morrison's government is too upset about having something similar to that last for themselves.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Australian nuclear submarines... on 10:31 - Sep 16 with 1037 viewsWeWereZombies

Australian nuclear submarines... on 09:51 - Sep 16 by Guthrum

It's the reason the US pulled out of Afghanistan - close down a Central Asian entanglement to concentrate on deterring China's push to the south-east.

I think Xi Jinping is unlikely to start a major war carelessly (Hitler's mistake). However, Beijing will be (as it is already) using armed threats to push out their territorial claims as far as possible, attempt to force Taiwan into their sphere of influence and provide a useful foreign policy distraction for situations at home (unite behind the Party against the Guizi).

Tho I doubt Morrison's government is too upset about having something similar to that last for themselves.

I haven't read a full article on this but my off the cuff observation is that it is three 'Anglo-Saxon' immigrant nations muscling in on Asian waters. A more inclusive approach would be one that also roped in Singapore (but they may want to remain neutral and eschew any militarisation), Taiwan (which would really be seen as belligerent by China), Japan (see comments on Singapore), the Philippines (not the healthiest of administrations over the years), Indonesia (see comment on the Philippines) and India (which would antagonise both Pakistan and China.) I know I've left out Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam but I reckoned I had already reached peak awkwardness...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Australian nuclear submarines... on 10:42 - Sep 16 with 1014 viewsIpswichKnight

Australian nuclear submarines... on 10:31 - Sep 16 by WeWereZombies

I haven't read a full article on this but my off the cuff observation is that it is three 'Anglo-Saxon' immigrant nations muscling in on Asian waters. A more inclusive approach would be one that also roped in Singapore (but they may want to remain neutral and eschew any militarisation), Taiwan (which would really be seen as belligerent by China), Japan (see comments on Singapore), the Philippines (not the healthiest of administrations over the years), Indonesia (see comment on the Philippines) and India (which would antagonise both Pakistan and China.) I know I've left out Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam but I reckoned I had already reached peak awkwardness...

Slightly disagree, Singapore has been approached as a naval stop off/base for RN vessels, it’s rumoured that the CSG will stop off there on the way back home. It would make sense for crew change overs for the 2 permanently based OPV to happen in Singapore.

Sounds like the Chinese got a bit annoyed that we found all of there subs lurking near the CSG.

There is a cost benefit here which is being slightly overlooked. We will be starting the process of designing and building the next gen of SSN if we can share some of that design cost with Australia it will save us tax payers cash and potential make the build time quicker ( we’re horrifically slow at building subs hence 2 Trafalgar boats are still in operation while we finish the Astute class last one should be operational by 2026 ).
Nah, the Doctor first.... on 10:53 - Sep 16 with 994 viewstextbackup

Nah, the Doctor first.... on 09:48 - Sep 16 by Bloots

...in full uniform.

Then Jones (and her girlfriend).

Sexist pig.

im sure the ginger bloke on this new program was her neighbour that she shagged when in dr foster.

couldnt be arsed to google it tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:01 - Sep 16 with 988 viewsWeWereZombies

Australian nuclear submarines... on 10:42 - Sep 16 by IpswichKnight

Slightly disagree, Singapore has been approached as a naval stop off/base for RN vessels, it’s rumoured that the CSG will stop off there on the way back home. It would make sense for crew change overs for the 2 permanently based OPV to happen in Singapore.

Sounds like the Chinese got a bit annoyed that we found all of there subs lurking near the CSG.

There is a cost benefit here which is being slightly overlooked. We will be starting the process of designing and building the next gen of SSN if we can share some of that design cost with Australia it will save us tax payers cash and potential make the build time quicker ( we’re horrifically slow at building subs hence 2 Trafalgar boats are still in operation while we finish the Astute class last one should be operational by 2026 ).

On your first point, the news item on this issue fro Al Jazeera (and it was the lead story on the homepage) mentions drills between HMS Queen Elizabeth and the Japanese defence force in the South China Sea last month. And an arrangement I was unaware of called 'the Quad', being naval drills between the United States, Australia, Japan and India:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/25/what-is-the-quad-can-us-india-japan-an

At risk of turning this thread into a virtual game of, errr, Risk I imagine that these strategies both concern and benefit Russia. In the latter case by minimising the effort the Russians need to control Chinese influence in South East Asia and Oceania so that they can concentrate on maintaining power in Central Asia.

Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:07 - Sep 16 with 972 viewsFreddies_Ears

Depresses me tbh.

It's 'global Britain' desperation. The deal was going ahead between the US and Oz, but UK was desperate to be seen to be a part of it, so played gooseberry.

It seems to about nuclear-powered rather than nuclear-armed subs, btw...
Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:23 - Sep 16 with 959 viewsGuthrum

Australian nuclear submarines... on 10:31 - Sep 16 by WeWereZombies

This tripartite pact is essentially long-range, big money, high tech backup to all those nations you mention.

They don't entirely see eye-to-eye with each other (several have their own disputes in the South China Sea, for example), plus some are heavily funded by Beijing, so the chances of a formal grand containment alliance are slim, quite apart from being overly provocative and thus too much of a risk for some of the direct neighbours.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:32 - Sep 16 with 951 viewsPinewoodblue

Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:07 - Sep 16 by Freddies_Ears

It's 'global Britain' desperation. The deal was going ahead between the US and Oz, but UK was desperate to be seen to be a part of it, so played gooseberry.

It seems to about nuclear-powered rather than nuclear-armed subs, btw...

Doesn’t Australia ban vessels carrying nuclear weapons from their ports?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Australian nuclear submarines... on 13:21 - Sep 16 with 885 viewsBloomBlue

Australian nuclear submarines... on 11:32 - Sep 16 by Pinewoodblue

Doesn’t Australia ban vessels carrying nuclear weapons from their ports?

It won't contain nuclear weapons its purely the engines will be nuclear power. Nuclear powered submariners can stay out of port longer, carry more non nuclear warheads and harder to detect than the diesel/battery powered submarines
Australian nuclear submarines... on 13:35 - Sep 16 with 872 viewsWeWereZombies

Australian nuclear submarines... on 13:21 - Sep 16 by BloomBlue

It won't contain nuclear weapons its purely the engines will be nuclear power. Nuclear powered submariners can stay out of port longer, carry more non nuclear warheads and harder to detect than the diesel/battery powered submarines

Harder to detect until they pass through the Panama Canal, unfortunately I only heard about the chance to see a US one a few days after it went through.

Australian nuclear submarines... on 14:08 - Sep 16 with 837 viewsIpswichKnight

Australian nuclear submarines... on 13:21 - Sep 16 by BloomBlue

The new generation AIP subs are quieter than nuclear subs but still struggle to overcome long deep blue voyages. Example a Swedish boat was on loan to US Navy and destroyed a nuclear power carrier however it had to be transported to San Diego via transporter boat as lacked the range and infrastructure to make that voyage.
Australian nuclear submarines... on 15:04 - Sep 16 with 803 viewsgiant_stow

Just read that this costs the french a 32b deal to build 12 subs for Australia too, which is a happy side win.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024