Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… 18:15 - Sep 14 with 1139 viewsunstableblue

…. That awful awful defending ain’t to do with shape and coaching

That is just basic 101 defending skills you learn at the age of 11!!!!

WTF…. I will say it again this is psychological, this is fear of failure

I actually thought the first goal was mainly down to KVY… but Edmundson just let his man completely get away from him!! It’s unbelievable

But again he must be rusty

But still!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:18 - Sep 14 with 1109 viewsHerbivore

We were completely all over the shop when out of possession. Do you really think that's not down to shape or coaching?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:19 - Sep 14 with 1105 views_sanctimoanious_

Agree but many are desperate to force an agenda. Basic defending mistakes mainly down to them being strangers and as you say a fear of fecking up - which will only get worse the longer we don’t win.
Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:22 - Sep 14 with 1062 viewsDubtractor

Can't agree with that buh.

We gave Bolton acres of space to play in inside our half, all game, because our formation was wide open. You could drive the proverbial bus through us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:24 - Sep 14 with 1031 viewschrismakin

Still think pay the players In the best position to get the best balance throughout the side

Burns to rightback is a must imo until KVY gets upto speed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:27 - Sep 14 with 1028 viewsunstableblue

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:18 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

We were completely all over the shop when out of possession. Do you really think that's not down to shape or coaching?

That’s what I originally thought Herbie (can I call you Herbie?)

But on rewatching Aluko is pressing quite well for the first goal it is just a great diagonal pass… not sure our shape could have prevented- but then it’s just school boy defending, unbelievable

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:30 - Sep 14 with 995 viewsEireannach_gorm

Not sure KVY can defend. His positional sense is poor and instead if just staying with the attacking player had to dive in and give away with a penalty. He does not use his speed well when he is defending and seems to think he can stand anywhere because he will be able to get back to the player he is supposed to be marking. Both full backs are wing backs so I think we should go three at the back now we have plenty of CBs.
Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:32 - Sep 14 with 980 viewsHerbivore

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:27 - Sep 14 by unstableblue

That’s what I originally thought Herbie (can I call you Herbie?)

But on rewatching Aluko is pressing quite well for the first goal it is just a great diagonal pass… not sure our shape could have prevented- but then it’s just school boy defending, unbelievable

Mate, we shipped 5 goals at home and could have shipped more. Every time Bolton won the ball or picked up a second ball they only needed to make one pass or sprint a few yards and they were three on three or four on four against us. That is about absolutely basic coaching and shape when out of possession. I'm sorry, but when a team is strolling through you at will that can't be put down to just individual errors. We were all over the place.

And yes, of course you can call me Herbie. We're forum buddies after all.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:33 - Sep 14 with 965 viewsunstableblue

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:22 - Sep 14 by Dubtractor

Can't agree with that buh.

We gave Bolton acres of space to play in inside our half, all game, because our formation was wide open. You could drive the proverbial bus through us.

Again that’s exactly what I thought Dubster… but watching the extended highlights, some of their play is speculative, our press is not terrible, it’s just the defence were incompetent…. Giving so much space to attackers

KVY also just didn’t need to give that penalty away, the threat wasn’t there

It’s shocking watching it back

Defending 101, get close to your man, don’t panic in the box

Login to get fewer ads

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:37 - Sep 14 with 934 viewsBlueBadger

For someone who's dead keen on Technical Football and overanalysing a simple game, you are absolutely shocking at actually knowing anything about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:38 - Sep 14 with 925 viewsBlueBadger

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:19 - Sep 14 by _sanctimoanious_

Agree but many are desperate to force an agenda. Basic defending mistakes mainly down to them being strangers and as you say a fear of fecking up - which will only get worse the longer we don’t win.

Thing is, 'basic defending mistakes' are things that can and should be coached out. Cook's had a fair amount of summer plus a fortnight off to work on this and we came back and produced our worst display under him so far on Saturday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:38 - Sep 14 with 918 viewsBlueBadger

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:18 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

It was a Technical lack of shape, so no.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:40 - Sep 14 with 911 viewsBlueBadger

Actually, I'd just like to change my answer to 'LOL'.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:49 - Sep 14 with 853 viewsunstableblue

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:37 - Sep 14 by BlueBadger

For someone who's dead keen on Technical Football and overanalysing a simple game, you are absolutely shocking at actually knowing anything about it.

Stalker

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:54 - Sep 14 with 824 viewsunstableblue

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:32 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Mate, we shipped 5 goals at home and could have shipped more. Every time Bolton won the ball or picked up a second ball they only needed to make one pass or sprint a few yards and they were three on three or four on four against us. That is about absolutely basic coaching and shape when out of possession. I'm sorry, but when a team is strolling through you at will that can't be put down to just individual errors. We were all over the place.

And yes, of course you can call me Herbie. We're forum buddies after all.

You and Bluebadger are referring to goals 4 and 5 aren’t you?? Where I agree on your points entirely.

Goals 1-3 defending losing their man completely.

Do keep up.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:56 - Sep 14 with 805 viewsunstableblue

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:19 - Sep 14 by _sanctimoanious_

Goals 4 and 5 are shape issues in the team… (as well as defenders again not getting close enough)

That’s is coaching

But I guess by then the whole team had just lost their minds

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 774 viewsHerbivore

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:54 - Sep 14 by unstableblue

You and Bluebadger are referring to goals 4 and 5 aren’t you?? Where I agree on your points entirely.

Do keep up.

Your OP wasn't exactly specific on that point. However, I'd argue that throughout our shape and organisation when out of possession was barely non-league standard. That's not to say that individual errors didn't compound our problems but the way we were set up was horrific.

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 19:06 - Sep 14 with 748 viewsBlueBadger

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:49 - Sep 14 by unstableblue

Stalker

Is that some kind of formation philosophy from the Ukraine in the 50s?

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 744 viewsBlueBadger

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:56 - Sep 14 by unstableblue

Goals 4 and 5 are shape issues in the team… (as well as defenders again not getting close enough)

That’s is coaching

But I guess by then the whole team had just lost their minds

'It's not shape or coaching issue' though. Bloody hell lad, that an even quicker reversal of a hot take than Makin. At least he starts a new thread when he changes his mind.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 19:10]

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 19:16 - Sep 14 with 696 viewsjayessess

There's some bad one-on-one defending, but also bad shape, unclear marking assignments, bad positioning. The third goal especially, we miss one header from a goal kick and suddenly their forward line has a 3 on 3!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 682 viewsBlueBadger

Just watched extended highlights… to be fair to Cook… on 18:54 - Sep 14 by unstableblue

Do keep up.

I'm more referring to the fact that we're continually shipping goals due to 'individual errors'. If they keep happening they aren't 'individual errors' they're 'bad coaching and/or issues with shape'.

And the fact that you specifically said 'no, mate, it's not his coaching or shape' and then blamed coaching or shape.

Fair play though, you probably won't go off in a strop about this though.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 19:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024