Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around 07:47 - Jan 24 with 1135 viewsle2blue

Lambert relieved of his duties, then..

A new ceo appointed to over see the club management and leadership - this could even be Derek Bowden who is available again or Simon Milton who knows the club and would be able to re-build community relationships and is blue through and through. In fact Simon is the one we Marcus should go for.

A director of football to oversee the football operations - this could be Lee O’Neil but with a full mandate to oversee and own decision making.

A new manager hired, my preference would be the Cowley brothers as they have a track record of operating at lower league levels, developing players and coaching. With the structure around the club I also think that giving Dyer and Butcher the job would be a good option, early days but they seem to be having a good impact on the Under 23’s and would have the supporters behind them from day one...would also have connections and respect from the football world.

With this in place, the club can be turned around, without Evans having to dramatically change his investment levels and he’d be able to reduce his involvement and exposure to criticism. Norwich, Sheffield United, Brighton, Brentford have all proved that with structure, leadership and sound decision making a rise up the table can be achieved. Yes investment is needed to get even higher, but in the 3rd division what he is putting in today and what we have player and academy wise is more than enough. What is madness is that we have no foundations or leadership from the top...assuming that Marcus isn’t going anywhere soon, he needs to make these three leadership changes to actually manage the club.
Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 08:13 - Jan 24 with 1020 viewsGeorge25

Spot on. We all except we are getting little investment each year, whilst he’s paying 10M each year to balance the books. The issue is he’s reactive not proactive, which set the whole culture of the club to be that way.
- not making a change were 1-0 down yesterday
- recruitment- selling players without any replacements in.

Evans has had over 2 months to sack lambert. He now needs to take a hit as after all he was the one to rush a 5year contract to Wycombe in the early ours.
Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 08:21 - Jan 24 with 1000 viewsChrisd

Our owner has been here 13/14 years, you can probably count on one hand the good decisions he’s made. I like some of the points you’ve raised, but what makes you think he’ll get those decisions right? He’s a completely hapless owner. He’s got no idea how to fix us and we’re in a complete mess. After years of decline, I just don’t believe there’s a quick fix to solve our problems. The best thing for us to move forwards is getting rid of the deadwood in ME and PL and starting a complete fresh with a new plan and genuine ambition. I realise this is a risk regarding ME, but we really can’t carry on down the path we are, we are heading to footballing obscurity otherwise.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 10:32]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 08:31 - Jan 24 with 943 viewsgordon

Agreed, what Marcus Evans desperately needs to do is to remove himself from as much decision-making as possible - he needs to hire a director of football, a head of recruitment and a coach.

Having a conference organiser dictating what the team's tactics should be to a football manager who doesn't understand football tactics is probably a bit sub-optimal.
Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 768 viewsBlueBadger

The club needs foot-and-branch structural reform.

If Evans truly wants to run the club on a 'everybody plays the same way, so it's a smooth path from youth team to first team' basis then the club needs to be structured in such a ways as to make it happen with a proper DoF who's repsonsible for implementing this and putting n place the right people to make it happen.

You don't just hire a washed-up chancer and tell him to get on with it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 734 viewsMonkeyAlan

The main thing he could do is fuuk oooofff. That's what he can do. He is just a muppet.
Three changes Marcus Evans could make to turn this around on 10:45 - Jan 24 with 683 viewsSenatorBlue

This for me is exactly what needs to happen, it’s obvious, but it won’t.

ME is the issue. He wants full control, but doesn’t (can’t, won’t) give the full investment of his time running a professional club requires. Quite obviously too, he doesn’t have the knowledge to fulfil this role, which I suspect is true of most owners globally. For the same reason all our key roles are puppets and present in name only.

If he’s going nowhere, and best return on an investment would be to hire and fully empower a CEO to run the club for him (and by this the buck stops with the CEO for meeting the owners budget, and putting in place the framework to deliver the owners vision), and a true DOF to ensure sound football decisions are made (sales, recruitment, coaching staff). A DOF to do for us what Barry Fry does for Posh. I must admit to being envious of their player recruitment. Why doesn’t ME nab him, if as proclaimed he’s the got to person to sound off football decisions. Love him or hate him, you can’t deny BF is doing a decent job.

The above two then need to make the next manager appointment.

If ME gets rid of PL and replaces without the above, Mark that date 1-2 years later when we will be in Groundhog Day. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024