Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallows humour.... 10:51 - Oct 12 with 834 viewsBloots

....I was chatting to my elderly neighbour at the weekend.

When I enquired about her family, she told me that her daughter in law had tested positive for the rona.

I asked if she was OK and she replied by saying:

"Oooh she's riddled with it"

I keep giggling to myself about it.

Am I a bad man?

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Gallows humour.... on 10:59 - Oct 12 with 769 viewsBlueBadger

Once had a gentleman refuse further(increasingly unpleasant) life-saving treatment on the grounds that he'd had a long, happy life and was b*ggered if he was going to end it in an uncomfortable, undignified fashion.
His final comment at the end of the discussion to me and the attending registrar was 'now, can you two f*ck off, I need to read the final chapter of this bloody book before I shuffle off'.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You undoubtedly are a bad man on 13:06 - Oct 12 with 589 viewsfactual_blue

....but not because you giggled at that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gallows humour.... on 13:44 - Oct 12 with 515 viewsNthQldITFC

Gallows humour.... on 10:59 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Once had a gentleman refuse further(increasingly unpleasant) life-saving treatment on the grounds that he'd had a long, happy life and was b*ggered if he was going to end it in an uncomfortable, undignified fashion.
His final comment at the end of the discussion to me and the attending registrar was 'now, can you two f*ck off, I need to read the final chapter of this bloody book before I shuffle off'.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:08]

Magnificent. I hope you f*cked off with a smile on your face.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Gallows humour.... on 13:51 - Oct 12 with 501 viewsBlueBadger

Gallows humour.... on 13:44 - Oct 12 by NthQldITFC

Magnificent. I hope you f*cked off with a smile on your face.

Put a smile on the face of his family as well. His daughter, visiting later when I was called to the ward again about him by the incoming nightshift(because something hadn't been handed over properly and Forms Had Not Been Filled In) remarked with a chuckle 'I see the stubborn old b*gger's going out the way he's lived then'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Gallows humour.... on 14:23 - Oct 12 with 451 viewsRyorry

Serious reply - black comedy can be a big crutch in helping to get through bad times - lots of it around in WW2 I believe, and some of the best literature makes it a feature - Brecht (esp 'Mother Courage'), Laurence Sterne (Tristram Shandy), Oscar Wilde, Alfred Jarry (Ubu Roi).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024