Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in 11:22 - Aug 22 with 1327 viewsMullet

Looks like it'll be £10 a pop for the likes of me, so could be very costly by the end of the season depending on how far it goes.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 1268 viewsTieDyedIn95

If they lumped it together in a deal it could be fine, I agree not many people will pay a tenner a pop but for me thats roughly what it cost in transport anyway for the home games so it's not so bad.

I actually think streamed football should be standard anyway now for a fee. I don't expect commentary or amazing cameras but on occasions when I have had to work or couldn't make the game if there was an option to pay a fiver or so for a stream just to see it, i'd have taken it. I'd much rather pay to see Town via stream then a Sky subscription to watch the big teams lord it up.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 1266 viewsportmanking

Forgive my ignorance, but why will it prove very costly at £10 when it would be two or two-and-a-half times that amount to buy a match ticket to sit in the ground?
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:28 - Aug 22 with 1251 viewsMullet

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:26 - Aug 22 by TieDyedIn95

If they lumped it together in a deal it could be fine, I agree not many people will pay a tenner a pop but for me thats roughly what it cost in transport anyway for the home games so it's not so bad.

I actually think streamed football should be standard anyway now for a fee. I don't expect commentary or amazing cameras but on occasions when I have had to work or couldn't make the game if there was an option to pay a fiver or so for a stream just to see it, i'd have taken it. I'd much rather pay to see Town via stream then a Sky subscription to watch the big teams lord it up.

I've been arguing it for years (not just cos I have a vested interest) but you'll never get Sky to relinquish anything which stops people tuning in to see their local club over Burnley vs Southampton.

I agree that when I factor in petrol, beer, werthers orginal costs it's clearly way cheaper but I like going to games.

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:30 - Aug 22 with 1222 viewsMullet

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:27 - Aug 22 by portmanking

Forgive my ignorance, but why will it prove very costly at £10 when it would be two or two-and-a-half times that amount to buy a match ticket to sit in the ground?

Cos I don't have a ST and definitely don't get to watch games via other means ever. Although you're right even the 20 or so games a season I do make probably cost more in tickets.

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 1215 viewssurreyblue

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:28 - Aug 22 by Mullet

I've been arguing it for years (not just cos I have a vested interest) but you'll never get Sky to relinquish anything which stops people tuning in to see their local club over Burnley vs Southampton.

I agree that when I factor in petrol, beer, werthers orginal costs it's clearly way cheaper but I like going to games.

I think the rationale is that if people can stream all the games then less people will attend the game in person. I think there may be a law preventing live football being shown at 3pm on a Saturday?
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 1195 viewsPendejo

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:32 - Aug 22 by surreyblue

I think the rationale is that if people can stream all the games then less people will attend the game in person. I think there may be a law preventing live football being shown at 3pm on a Saturday?

Not a law (statute) as much as either FA or EFL ruling I thought.

I attend fewer games than Mullet by I also like going to those which I do, no matter how crap we've been i.e. Most of the last 16 seasons...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:36 - Aug 22 with 1186 viewsArnieM

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:27 - Aug 22 by portmanking

Think he might mean it’ll cost £10 for every match (he wants to watch )through each service provider , where s you’d see the whole lot on BBC on MOTD for nothing. I dont think the BBC or ITV are allowed to show any games (“ free”)this season ?!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 1185 viewsMullet

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:32 - Aug 22 by surreyblue

It is. I'm dubious about that though, those that want to go to games do so generally. I guess those who are elderly or ill might avoid long away trips or games where the weather is bad, but a club like ours probably would benefit way more and so would the big boys who have lots of armchairs any way.

I've always felt the rationale is that it devalues Sky's product as they no longer dictate when and where the eyes go.

Login to get fewer ads

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:43 - Aug 22 with 1131 viewspelles321

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8652447/amp/EFL-make-huge-dea

Full article here, with an interesting last bit.

The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship. A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.

Any ideas what this is about?
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:46 - Aug 22 with 1109 viewsJ2BLUE

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:43 - Aug 22 by pelles321

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8652447/amp/EFL-make-huge-dea

Full article here, with an interesting last bit.

The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship. A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.

Any ideas what this is about?

I think it means in the Championship clubs are screwing Wycombe. In league one, us, Sunderland and Portsmouth are being screwed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:47 - Aug 22 with 1104 viewsTieDyedIn95

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:28 - Aug 22 by Mullet

As do I. the type of plastics who do their football through their Sky subscription aren't really the same as those of us who rock up every week to watch often terrible football and their team lose while managing to win nothing for decades! We're a different beast. I support Ipswich, thats what I care about.

I don't give a monkeys about billionaires like Manure, Mancity, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal beating frankly small club outfits like Burnley, Bournemouth, Norwich, Brighton, Watford and so on week in and out and lording it up because the results are so obvious it's not interesting to watch anymore. The other teams simply exist to get beaten by the big guns though on occasion they are allowed beat Spurs.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:49 - Aug 22 with 1080 viewsElderGrizzly

Yet we won’t get to keep our income from doing so, as we will need to subsidise the smaller clubs 🙄
“A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.“
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 1003 viewspointofblue

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:49 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

Yet we won’t get to keep our income from doing so, as we will need to subsidise the smaller clubs 🙄
“A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.“

I wouldn’t mind so much if it was the same across the board but yet again, in the Championship, the bigger sides get to have their cake and eat it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 1000 viewsTieDyedIn95

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:49 - Aug 22 by ElderGrizzly

We've got a bigger fan base than a lot of the Premier League and Championship clubs but we can't take advantage of it because of FFP and a wage cap imposed on us by our competition! It's like the co-op telling Tesco how many staff they can hire and what they can pay. We're only at this level because we didn't get Universal Credit from the Premier League like the others did!

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:28 - Aug 22 with 910 viewspelles321

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:46 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

I think it means in the Championship clubs are screwing Wycombe. In league one, us, Sunderland and Portsmouth are being screwed.

I wondered if we may benefit. Say for example Bristol rovers away, the majority of fans who will pay for it will be Ipswich fans, probably same for Sunderland away games. Maybe we want a slice of that too?

Although I agree that the most likely thing is that we have a vote, which will penalise us for having a fanbase which has been deemed ‘unfair’ in the last few months!
All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:33 - Aug 22 with 892 viewspointofblue

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:28 - Aug 22 by pelles321

I wondered if we may benefit. Say for example Bristol rovers away, the majority of fans who will pay for it will be Ipswich fans, probably same for Sunderland away games. Maybe we want a slice of that too?

Although I agree that the most likely thing is that we have a vote, which will penalise us for having a fanbase which has been deemed ‘unfair’ in the last few months!

I guess it depends if there’s an upper limit to each stream or if it’s a free for all.

Why not keep it going until things are back to normal? Why 50%?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:35 - Aug 22 with 874 viewsJ2BLUE

£210 to watch every league game between now and Christmas.

I suppose it's a decent way to get some money into the club.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 12:36 - Aug 22 with 869 viewsBryanPlug

All matches streamed until 50% allowed back in on 11:46 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024