Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump’s impeachment 17:25 - Jan 19 with 995 viewsBlueNomad

Interesting to hear Senator Ted Cruz say “we will give him a fair trial and then we will acquit him”. I wonder what the Founding Fathers would think.
Trump’s impeachment on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 939 viewsBluesquid

Well perhaps they're only keeping their part of the bargain?

"Donald Trump ordered the airstrike that killed an Iranian general last week at least in part due to fears about his upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, according to a new report."

"The line appears to confirm earlier reporting by the New York Times, which claimed the president had told at least one person over the phone that he had felt “pressured to take a harder line on Iran by some Republican senators whose support he needs now more than ever amid an impeachment battle.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-soleimani-ir
Trump’s impeachment on 17:59 - Jan 19 with 921 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump’s impeachment on 17:52 - Jan 19 by Bluesquid

Well perhaps they're only keeping their part of the bargain?

"Donald Trump ordered the airstrike that killed an Iranian general last week at least in part due to fears about his upcoming impeachment trial in the Senate, according to a new report."

"The line appears to confirm earlier reporting by the New York Times, which claimed the president had told at least one person over the phone that he had felt “pressured to take a harder line on Iran by some Republican senators whose support he needs now more than ever amid an impeachment battle.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-soleimani-ir

Anti-Trump stories clearly appeal to a vast number of people. I really can't stand these 'a source told us xxxx said this' type stories though as there's no way to verify that it's the truth. As i've always said, rumours and speculation have a much lower bar to clear when people are happy to believe the information.

This post is not a defence of Trump, merely an observation that 'sources' could tell a newspaper that he dressed up as Hitler and cracked one off over a laminated picture of Kim Jong-un and people would happily believe it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump’s impeachment on 18:02 - Jan 19 with 916 viewsHARRY10

They were not the actual quoted words.

What Cruz appears to be trying to do is claimi that a 'fair' trial can only lead to Trump's acquittal ie if he is not acquitted then the trial could not have been fair.

Observers might ask themselves why the need for such pre-emptive tactics if Trump is innocent ?
Trump’s impeachment on 18:13 - Jan 19 with 884 viewsBluesquid

Trump’s impeachment on 17:59 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Anti-Trump stories clearly appeal to a vast number of people. I really can't stand these 'a source told us xxxx said this' type stories though as there's no way to verify that it's the truth. As i've always said, rumours and speculation have a much lower bar to clear when people are happy to believe the information.

This post is not a defence of Trump, merely an observation that 'sources' could tell a newspaper that he dressed up as Hitler and cracked one off over a laminated picture of Kim Jong-un and people would happily believe it.

You are quite right and a good observation i might add, which is why i put it as a question and it isn't just anti-Trump stories that the mainstream media like to quote 'sources'.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 18:14]
Trump’s impeachment on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 847 viewsBlueNomad

Trump’s impeachment on 18:02 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

They were not the actual quoted words.

What Cruz appears to be trying to do is claimi that a 'fair' trial can only lead to Trump's acquittal ie if he is not acquitted then the trial could not have been fair.

Observers might ask themselves why the need for such pre-emptive tactics if Trump is innocent ?

I paraphrased......

Trump’s impeachment on 18:42 - Jan 19 with 822 viewsGuthrum

Trump’s impeachment on 17:59 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

On a similar point, interesting piece by Rusbridger (a former Editor of the Guardian) on behind-the-scenes reasons for media hostility to the D & D of Sussex:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/there-is-a-reason-why-roya
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 18:46]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump’s impeachment on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 662 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s a ridiculous system where a judgment is based on political lines.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024