Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' 22:47 - Jan 5 with 1484 viewsfactual_blue

...and coincidentally boris, when your time comes....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 08:37 - Jan 6 with 1337 viewsr2d2

Why should he? The guy had lots of blood on his hands. Thats ok l suppose?
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 09:12 - Jan 6 with 1303 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 08:37 - Jan 6 by r2d2

Thank you for your insight...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 09:22 - Jan 6 with 1292 viewschicoazul

Seems to imply his death should be lamented somehow?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 09:38 - Jan 6 with 1275 viewsr2d2

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 09:12 - Jan 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thank you for your insight...

True though, he cost a lot of lives, Ive not heard one leader from the western world come outright and say it was wrong. Most have skirted around that subject. Even Jeremy Hunt on TV this morning wasnt actually against it. And he is always Boris biggest critic nowadays.
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 10:37 - Jan 6 with 1242 viewsbrazil1982

Should our PM be lamenting the death? Perhaps he could lay a wreath for respect.
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 10:49 - Jan 6 with 1221 viewsBlueNomad

No reason to "lament" but the collateral damage could be immense. A government assassination of a military person in a third country is a dangerous step and not something that should become the accepted norm. My biggest concern is that in some ways this incident is something associated with the actions of a rogue state. That the person giving the order was Trump isn't promising either.
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 12:24 - Jan 6 with 1144 viewsHARRY10

I can only imagine the reaction had it been Russia blowing fat boy to smithereens at Stansted airport.
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 1093 viewsElephantintheRoom

Maybe not - but the Iranians seem to ..... that is quite a crowd for a general

I doubt many of them want to 'de-escalate'.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 13:48 - Jan 6 with 1080 viewsuefacup81

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 12:24 - Jan 6 by HARRY10

I can only imagine the reaction had it been Russia blowing fat boy to smithereens at Stansted airport.

Precisely this.

Someone on Radio 2 the other day explained, given the roles that Suleimani held, that it was similar to someone assassinating the Foreign Secretary, Head of MI5, Head of MI6, and the head of the Army.

Imagine if Russia had dropped a bomb on a car containing those four. I dare say we'd adopt a rational and measured response.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 13:56 - Jan 6 with 1070 viewsHARRY10

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 13:48 - Jan 6 by uefacup81

Precisely this.

Someone on Radio 2 the other day explained, given the roles that Suleimani held, that it was similar to someone assassinating the Foreign Secretary, Head of MI5, Head of MI6, and the head of the Army.

Imagine if Russia had dropped a bomb on a car containing those four. I dare say we'd adopt a rational and measured response.

Many would simply 'adopt' the response certain sections of the media told them to adopt.
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 14:31 - Jan 6 with 1036 viewsBluesquid

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 10:49 - Jan 6 by BlueNomad

No reason to "lament" but the collateral damage could be immense. A government assassination of a military person in a third country is a dangerous step and not something that should become the accepted norm. My biggest concern is that in some ways this incident is something associated with the actions of a rogue state. That the person giving the order was Trump isn't promising either.

According to the article below born again evangelical VP Mike Pence and Mike 'Rapture' Pompeo who believes in the 'end times' -

"were two of the most hawkish voices arguing for a response to Iranian aggression, according to administration officials. Pence’s office helped run herd on meetings and conference calls held by officials in the run-up to the strike."

https://www.miamiherald.com/article238973458.html
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 14:51 - Jan 6 with 1016 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Well said sir.

The guy was a psychopath.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 14:59 - Jan 6 with 1001 viewsjeera

Probably best not to speculate when all the OP has done is quote the PM.

He hasn't offered any personal opinion on the Iranian General, let alone suggested that anything he did was "OK".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 15:46 - Jan 6 with 958 viewsNo9

But, are you ready to go & fight with Trumps troops should Johnson / Raab agree the right thing to do is to stand shoulder to shoulder with our closest ali even if they won't tell us what they are doing (so we cannot be prepared) ?
'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 16:40 - Jan 6 with 907 viewsHARRY10

'PM 'will not lament' Iranian general's death' on 14:51 - Jan 6 by The_Last_Baron

Well said sir.

The guy was a psychopath.

Does that give the right by a third party to kill someone in another country ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024