Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idea for new chant 09:31 - Dec 30 with 1083 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert
Sort it out
Lambert, Lambert
Sort it out

(to the tune of Burley, sort it out)

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Idea for new chant on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 821 viewsBlueBadger

It's this sort of trolling that's causing our team to fail.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Idea for new chant on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 816 viewsReuser_is_God

That was sung Boxing Day.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Idea for new chant on 09:39 - Dec 30 with 811 viewsSamWhiteUK

Idea for new chant on 09:35 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Elaborate please
Idea for new chant on 09:51 - Dec 30 with 777 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 09:37 - Dec 30 by Reuser_is_God

Was it?

Good job. As a chant for when things are going wrong I dont think it can be beaten. It registers displeasure for how things are going but is still supportive.

Idea for new chant on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 769 viewspatrickswell

Idea for new chant on 09:37 - Dec 30 by Reuser_is_God

Good to know.

We can only be a couple of weeks away from, “You’ll always be Scum” getting an airing.
Idea for new chant on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 760 viewsPecker

Idea for new chant on 09:51 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

Was it?

Good job. As a chant for when things are going wrong I dont think it can be beaten. It registers displeasure for how things are going but is still supportive.

It really doesn't.
Idea for new chant on 09:56 - Dec 30 with 754 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 09:55 - Dec 30 by Pecker

It really doesn't.

Doesnt register displeasure?

Oh yes it does.

Idea for new chant on 09:56 - Dec 30 with 755 viewshatch

Idea for new chant on 09:35 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

It’s just counter-productive and vintage Ipswich. Selling ourselves as the best fans in the league last year and start of this season and now trying to entice negative chants. That’s a sure fire way to continue this poor run of form.

It makes a mockery of the word ‘supporter’ if in the times your team actually needs the 12th man you’re just chanting negative chants.

The silent majority of fans are still fairly pragmatic and positive going into games I reckon. What would be incredible would be atmospheres like we created at Stoke and West Brom last season when we were losing our singing our heart out. Imagine that at Wycombe if we’re losing and we generated that positive atmosphere still. Heck, if we’re 2-0 down at half time, I think getting vocally behind the boys second half could be enough to turn the game.

I know it’s chicken and egg situation, as many say performances on the pitch need to improve for the fans to get louder but this always seems the wrong way around to me. We’ve proven last season we can sing well when losing, and although it’s a different situation this season we should still be able to do the same.

Let’s keep right behind them despite every instinct, and leave our moaning until after the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Idea for new chant on 09:58 - Dec 30 with 736 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 09:56 - Dec 30 by hatch

It’s just counter-productive and vintage Ipswich. Selling ourselves as the best fans in the league last year and start of this season and now trying to entice negative chants. That’s a sure fire way to continue this poor run of form.

It makes a mockery of the word ‘supporter’ if in the times your team actually needs the 12th man you’re just chanting negative chants.

The silent majority of fans are still fairly pragmatic and positive going into games I reckon. What would be incredible would be atmospheres like we created at Stoke and West Brom last season when we were losing our singing our heart out. Imagine that at Wycombe if we’re losing and we generated that positive atmosphere still. Heck, if we’re 2-0 down at half time, I think getting vocally behind the boys second half could be enough to turn the game.

I know it’s chicken and egg situation, as many say performances on the pitch need to improve for the fans to get louder but this always seems the wrong way around to me. We’ve proven last season we can sing well when losing, and although it’s a different situation this season we should still be able to do the same.

Let’s keep right behind them despite every instinct, and leave our moaning until after the game.

Thats the thing about 'sort it out' it is supportive, it shows belief that it can be sorted out, whilst at the same time registering that the fans really do want it sorted out.

Idea for new chant on 10:00 - Dec 30 with 719 viewsPecker

Idea for new chant on 09:58 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

Thats the thing about 'sort it out' it is supportive, it shows belief that it can be sorted out, whilst at the same time registering that the fans really do want it sorted out.

Why wouldn't we want it sorted?
Idea for new chant on 10:03 - Dec 30 with 703 viewshatch

Idea for new chant on 09:58 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

It’s still negative to me. It highlights the fact things are going wrong/badly which will be clear enough to the players on the pitch already. It’ll just make them more worried about making that next killer pass or having confidence on the ball as it’s a chant which suggests fans are on the edge of more negative chanting.

I think even the ‘get into ‘em’ chant would be more appropriate as it should get the boys going if it’s a flat performance
Idea for new chant on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 691 viewsHARRY10

Was it?

and must make any manager wonder why he had not thought of that idea before
Idea for new chant on 10:10 - Dec 30 with 679 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 10:03 - Dec 30 by hatch

It’s still negative to me. It highlights the fact things are going wrong/badly which will be clear enough to the players on the pitch already. It’ll just make them more worried about making that next killer pass or having confidence on the ball as it’s a chant which suggests fans are on the edge of more negative chanting.

I think even the ‘get into ‘em’ chant would be more appropriate as it should get the boys going if it’s a flat performance

Yeah, 'get into 'em' would be a good one for a sticky time as well.

Idea for new chant on 10:12 - Dec 30 with 669 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 10:05 - Dec 30 by HARRY10

and must make any manager wonder why he had not thought of that idea before

I this 'redacto absurdium'? Of course they know it needs sorting out, it is important for the fans to let them know their feelings though, and this is a good way to do so without hammering the players.

Or we could stay silent I suppose, that might help.

Idea for new chant on 10:19 - Dec 30 with 644 viewshatch

Idea for new chant on 10:12 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

I this 'redacto absurdium'? Of course they know it needs sorting out, it is important for the fans to let them know their feelings though, and this is a good way to do so without hammering the players.

Is it important for the fans to let them know our feelings. I doubt they think ‘oh we’re losing 2-0 but the fans aren’t being negative so they’re probably chilled about it’.

I still think if we show belief as fans in the bad spells of the game, it reignites belief in the players. I know if I was in a team losing 3-0 and thinking the game was over that 2000 fans chanting in support of the team would get me going. I know it shouldn’t take the fans to do that, and I know how hard it is to be anything other than p***ed off when we’re losing on sky again on Wednesday but if we had the power to put that negative energy to one side I genuinely believe the fans could make a difference in turning this ship around.
Idea for new chant on 10:23 - Dec 30 with 634 viewshoppy

Idea for new chant on 09:56 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

Doesnt register displeasure?

Oh yes it does.

Oooo... panto!! 👍🏼

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Idea for new chant on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 619 viewsBluefish

There was a very small rendition of f*ck off Lambert at the end of the game yesterday. No where quite as frequent as as the PL is a blue chants throughout the game though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Idea for new chant on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 620 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 10:23 - Dec 30 by hoppy

Oooo... panto!! 👍🏼

Well, it is that time of year.

Idea for new chant on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 595 viewsHARRY10

Idea for new chant on 10:12 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

So the manager's actions are determined by the fans response rather than any professional or contractual motivations ?

By that token how should a manager react when there is only a few thousand fans chanting this message ?

Should he pay heed to them, or the 20,000 (?) who are not chanting- on the basis they must feel everything is ok, hence no chanting.
Idea for new chant on 10:38 - Dec 30 with 583 viewshatch

Idea for new chant on 10:23 - Dec 30 by hoppy

Oooo... panto!! 👍🏼

We could help Chambers our with marking their forward...

‘He’s behind you!’
Idea for new chant on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 572 viewsBluefish

Idea for new chant on 10:34 - Dec 30 by HARRY10

So the manager's actions are determined by the fans response rather than any professional or contractual motivations ?

By that token how should a manager react when there is only a few thousand fans chanting this message ?

Should he pay heed to them, or the 20,000 (?) who are not chanting- on the basis they must feel everything is ok, hence no chanting.

If we sing his name over and over he is going to think he is doing things right and the fans are happy. He can probably steer it all back to the owner again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Idea for new chant on 10:44 - Dec 30 with 546 viewsOxford_Blue

Genius.

Well done.
Idea for new chant on 10:45 - Dec 30 with 544 viewsITFC_Forever

Was it?

I certainly sang it, as did a number around me at the end.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Idea for new chant on 10:47 - Dec 30 with 536 viewsOxford_Blue

Idea for new chant on 09:56 - Dec 30 by hatch

Well said.

There is a vocal minority - some of whom post on here - who take the negative and cynical approach in any situation and are only too pleased to vent at Lambert.

Arranging chants against the manager and team is a really really dumb way to help them get out of this mess. It’s stating the obvious - does anyone really think that without such a chant Lambert doesn’t realise he needs to sort things out???
Idea for new chant on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 522 viewsGeoffSentence

Idea for new chant on 10:44 - Dec 30 by Oxford_Blue

Genius.

Well done.

Thanks. Always value your opinion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024