Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this having our club back..... 18:45 - Dec 26 with 1433 viewsMullet

We’re not even having one good half now are we? None of the features of the first part of the season are recognisable now.

Not sure what the thinking was at all today. The weather meant no football was ever going to be played for meaningful spells and actually going long over the top would have yielded even more chances than the ones we had.

Norris was someone I thought would come in and make the shirt his for the season, but that was an atrocious display. He misjudged so much in the air and on the ground, he even called for it in front of the Churchmans then dithered leaving Toto guessing.

I feel sorry for Nsiala, he’s clearly a confidence player and had that shattered last game. He was doing everything whilst waiting to put up an apologetic hand, but he just isn’t good enough is he? Maybe Hurst’s Shrewsbury worked because his players knew they were the main men in their position and he trusted them, it’s the only explanation I can come up with.

As for Norwood, that swagger and mouth is costing us isn’t it? Snatching at chances now and talking himself into suspensions. We only looked half decent when having a go in general and that wasn’t enough of the game.

Lambert going for the old “I cold be gone” gambit today might take the focus off of how bad we were, but it’s wearing thin a little. He clearly needs us and we need stability. The only reason to get rid at the moment is the fact he’s giving us none of that. We have no idea what Ipswich is turning up game to game do we?

I guess Sears’ substitution can be deemed PRPaul or whatnot but without further changes and service it just showed how wrong we’d got it. Donacien and Garbutt had reasonable enough games, Judge was unlucky to see that chance in the first half hit him do hard before he could take a shot but in general you sense that if teams reflect their managers then we’ve got one stuck between past failures and future expectations and no idea what to do in the present.

Hard to suggest anyone else really stood out, Nolan after his comments did nothing to dispel the fact he just can’t cut it in team that demands he does more than just one thing. His best work was yards from being a threat. All very worrying I thought, and yet we move up to 2nd, such is the lake of sh1t we are bobbing along on.

Can’t remember a time quite as contradictory as this to be honest.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If this having our club back..... on 19:04 - Dec 26 with 1376 viewsMoriarty

The mood of our forum concerns us and a loss of faith (or not) in PL. Having read the transcript of his interview, I think his position is untenable.

Maybe the real question is if the players have lost faith in him. And that is what I think the issue is. If that is indeed the case, we’re done unless ME acts now.

We’re a disjointed mess in a crappy league. I’m not even sure if it was sadness or anger I felt with that result today.

fka omuircheartaigh

If this having our club back..... on 19:10 - Dec 26 with 1326 viewsChrisd

If this having our club back..... on 19:04 - Dec 26 by Moriarty

The mood of our forum concerns us and a loss of faith (or not) in PL. Having read the transcript of his interview, I think his position is untenable.

Maybe the real question is if the players have lost faith in him. And that is what I think the issue is. If that is indeed the case, we’re done unless ME acts now.

We’re a disjointed mess in a crappy league. I’m not even sure if it was sadness or anger I felt with that result today.

Lets not forget, PL has caused a lot of the angst and frustrations not just from us as fans but the players too. I'd hate to be playing for us at the moment, play well and then get dropped. Really where's the logic in that?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If this having our club back..... on 19:22 - Dec 26 with 1272 viewswarkthisway

If this having our club back..... on 19:10 - Dec 26 by Chrisd

Lets not forget, PL has caused a lot of the angst and frustrations not just from us as fans but the players too. I'd hate to be playing for us at the moment, play well and then get dropped. Really where's the logic in that?

Yes weird comments about Nsiala being played”to get his confidence back” - no it was 2 fingers wasn’t it? - and the Downes comments didn’t make sense either .- “he’s played a lot so I’ve dropped him””- unbelievable really- same old same old- a club on a downhill spiral on and off the pitch .

bentnkuqi

If this having our club back..... on 19:37 - Dec 26 with 1226 viewsMullet

If this having our club back..... on 19:04 - Dec 26 by Moriarty

I said last week he has to see this season out, and I stand by that. For him and us, it’ll resign us to Sunderland levels of fcuk upppery with none of their cash to waste by trying to go up and overhaul what’s already left here.

Those who wanted Mick gone are perhaps in the shadow of those who abused him so disgustingly, but it’s astounding how they thought this would be the season where we’d win loads of games, piss the league, bounce back and onwards because a handful of clubs have done it in 20 odd years.

Lambert has shown how quickly things can get away from you, and when people lapped up his stance as he took us down so meekly it’s no wonder the bubble has burst under relatively little scrutiny or hardship.

Given what he has here, just doing the basics would be enough, settled side, grind out wins and manage games most weeks and we’ll go up easily. I think he’s fallen for the same hubris Hurst has and tried to rebrand everything in his own image.

If this having our club back..... on 19:40 - Dec 26 with 1210 viewsMullet

If this having our club back..... on 19:22 - Dec 26 by warkthisway

Yes weird comments about Nsiala being played”to get his confidence back” - no it was 2 fingers wasn’t it? - and the Downes comments didn’t make sense either .- “he’s played a lot so I’ve dropped him””- unbelievable really- same old same old- a club on a downhill spiral on and off the pitch .

I can understand dropping Downes to keep him fresh and avoid breakdown, but the way he treated Nsiala and hasn’t played Wilson makes little sense. If anything by insisting Toto had a good game instead of just not mentioning him he’s provoked critics further.

If this having our club back..... on 20:03 - Dec 26 with 1144 viewsJDB23

I have to say, as bad as it is at the moment, I hate how our fanbase reacts in games when things aren't going our way. Openly shouting abuse at players, groaning at every single mistake, booing, screaming etc. It doesn't help anyone, our players will constantly be on edge and this is exactly what the opposition want when coming to PR. Can people please wind their neck in during games and wait till full time to let loose?

Having said that, Lambert needs to go. You'd have to be deluded to think he's the man to lead us forward.
If this having our club back..... on 20:13 - Dec 26 with 1100 viewsMullet

If this having our club back..... on 20:03 - Dec 26 by JDB23

I have to say, as bad as it is at the moment, I hate how our fanbase reacts in games when things aren't going our way. Openly shouting abuse at players, groaning at every single mistake, booing, screaming etc. It doesn't help anyone, our players will constantly be on edge and this is exactly what the opposition want when coming to PR. Can people please wind their neck in during games and wait till full time to let loose?

Having said that, Lambert needs to go. You'd have to be deluded to think he's the man to lead us forward.

That’s just Brexit Britain, we’re hardly Leeds. You’re sort of contradicting yourself with the last bit aren’t you? What if he reads it and thinks “See you JDB23 I cannae have that sort of negativity and people thinking am some sorta bawbag” and huffing off?

If this having our club back..... on 20:20 - Dec 26 with 1074 viewsJDB23

If this having our club back..... on 20:13 - Dec 26 by Mullet

That’s just Brexit Britain, we’re hardly Leeds. You’re sort of contradicting yourself with the last bit aren’t you? What if he reads it and thinks “See you JDB23 I cannae have that sort of negativity and people thinking am some sorta bawbag” and huffing off?

Hopefully he huffs off back to Germany.
Login to get fewer ads

If this having our club back..... on 20:21 - Dec 26 with 1064 viewsMoriarty

It seems to be rotation for rotation sake.

I’d agree that it can’t be helping.

fka omuircheartaigh

If this having our club back..... on 20:30 - Dec 26 with 1042 viewsMoriarty

If this having our club back..... on 19:37 - Dec 26 by Mullet

I said last week he has to see this season out, and I stand by that. For him and us, it’ll resign us to Sunderland levels of fcuk upppery with none of their cash to waste by trying to go up and overhaul what’s already left here.

Those who wanted Mick gone are perhaps in the shadow of those who abused him so disgustingly, but it’s astounding how they thought this would be the season where we’d win loads of games, piss the league, bounce back and onwards because a handful of clubs have done it in 20 odd years.

Lambert has shown how quickly things can get away from you, and when people lapped up his stance as he took us down so meekly it’s no wonder the bubble has burst under relatively little scrutiny or hardship.

Given what he has here, just doing the basics would be enough, settled side, grind out wins and manage games most weeks and we’ll go up easily. I think he’s fallen for the same hubris Hurst has and tried to rebrand everything in his own image.

I fully understand, and indeed very much respect, that view.

We didn’t die with our boots on last season and my worry is that it’s when we look beyond the results this season that the reasons for ME to act become more compelling. We don’t look like a team. Our home performances are unacceptable. It’s not a case of playing well and Lady Luck not smiling on us. We’re rag.

Acting now, imho, is a necessary evil.

fka omuircheartaigh

If this having our club back..... on 20:32 - Dec 26 with 1035 viewsSarge

I don’t really understand how people can sit though 2 years of Mick’s declining football and common sense and claim he should have stayed and then be second in the division, albeit playing terribly with no clear plan but still be second and be wringing their hands.

It’s hypocrisy. People who wanted mick in and lambert out are hypocrites, as are people that claimed mick ruined the club. He saved it, then it went south.
If this having our club back..... on 20:56 - Dec 26 with 971 viewsMullet

If this having our club back..... on 20:30 - Dec 26 by Moriarty

I fully understand, and indeed very much respect, that view.

We didn’t die with our boots on last season and my worry is that it’s when we look beyond the results this season that the reasons for ME to act become more compelling. We don’t look like a team. Our home performances are unacceptable. It’s not a case of playing well and Lady Luck not smiling on us. We’re rag.

Acting now, imho, is a necessary evil.

Who is going to want us? We’re a poisoned chalice already, people will look at how Mick was treated, the backlash and the media crowing. They’ll point to how hurst was never really given a chance on or off the field depending on your view as an outsider. Lambert was a broken man when he came here, he needs us as much as we need him.

No one of Mick’s ilk or generation are going to want the hassle or the graceless fall afterwards, up and comers are going to want everything just so before risking their reputation and we’re a mess.

It all hinges on Lambert being just consistent enough to keep hold of second place. If he could just instil a bit of fight about us it’d be enough. Instead we just throw tantrums when a footballing bodyblow is needed. Look at how many petulant bookings are racking up and costing us. Teams know a dive or rough word here and there will unravel us.

I think he needs to sit down with his staff and the senior players and have it out. Tell them how to manage games and it’ll still be enough for the time being.

If this having our club back..... on 22:06 - Dec 26 with 876 viewsMoriarty

If this having our club back..... on 20:56 - Dec 26 by Mullet

Who is going to want us? We’re a poisoned chalice already, people will look at how Mick was treated, the backlash and the media crowing. They’ll point to how hurst was never really given a chance on or off the field depending on your view as an outsider. Lambert was a broken man when he came here, he needs us as much as we need him.

No one of Mick’s ilk or generation are going to want the hassle or the graceless fall afterwards, up and comers are going to want everything just so before risking their reputation and we’re a mess.

It all hinges on Lambert being just consistent enough to keep hold of second place. If he could just instil a bit of fight about us it’d be enough. Instead we just throw tantrums when a footballing bodyblow is needed. Look at how many petulant bookings are racking up and costing us. Teams know a dive or rough word here and there will unravel us.

I think he needs to sit down with his staff and the senior players and have it out. Tell them how to manage games and it’ll still be enough for the time being.

A lot of merit in what you say, as is always the case, I must say.

But the context is the Norris interview about the group having an honest chat.

Lambert’s interview today was car crash.

I’ll forgive you in advance for any flack you can deal me on this one, and yes it might be heart trumping head, but I’d go Burley till the end of the season, contingent on his choice of assistant. I read a few posts earlier on another thread saying we should not do that because it’s about emotion. It’s exactly why I’d do it.

Buzz and basics and we go up.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:07]

fka omuircheartaigh

If this having our club back..... on 22:27 - Dec 26 with 825 viewspatrickswell

If this having our club back..... on 20:56 - Dec 26 by Mullet

It’s very simple:

If they want to avoid Hurst’s mistakes then they need to make sure they don’t come in on a war footing and start their interactions with players from a standpoint of “You’re crap. Prove me wrong. And if you think that’s unfair, then fight my assistant”. (Although if they want to sack off Nolan and Nsiala on arrival, they’ll have my support).

If they want to avoid Lambert’s mistakes then field a settled line-up and formation.
If this having our club back..... on 22:56 - Dec 26 with 775 viewsKeaneish

It’s been the biggest issue from day one. Form players being dropped to make way for returning players to full fitness does nothing to maintain their form. Bizarre logic that has cost us dearly and heaped unnecessary pressure on everyone at the club and caused loads of disharmony and unease. Madness.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If this having our club back..... on 08:13 - Dec 27 with 599 viewsMullet

If this having our club back..... on 22:06 - Dec 26 by Moriarty

A lot of merit in what you say, as is always the case, I must say.

But the context is the Norris interview about the group having an honest chat.

Lambert’s interview today was car crash.

I’ll forgive you in advance for any flack you can deal me on this one, and yes it might be heart trumping head, but I’d go Burley till the end of the season, contingent on his choice of assistant. I read a few posts earlier on another thread saying we should not do that because it’s about emotion. It’s exactly why I’d do it.

Buzz and basics and we go up.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:07]

It’s pretty telling that since MM was stupidly ousted the dressing room has never recovered. We missed Chambers yesterday and as much as Skuse has always been appreciated by all of us who understand the need for basics he is as I predicted, in need of phasing out. He was good today but he’s standing out way trout getting better and that’s a worry.
I just don’t see Burley wanting it, he’s more likely to come in as a senior man to his son in law being promoted ( what happened there after Doig was sacked early?)

My own sense is that lambert might force out several players on loans and cut price deals to try and get a blank slate feeling going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024