Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range 22:48 - Dec 26 with 872 viewscarlisleaway

When was the last time a player scored from outside the box ?
Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 22:54 - Dec 26 with 860 viewsCoco

Ambrose said the same on the radio the other day.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 23:32 - Dec 26 with 817 viewsQuilterstown

Not scared, i think they don't have the shooting ability. All season there have been a tiny handful of attempts from outside the box. From good central shooting positions we either play the ball out wide or try over-complicated dinks inside the box, almost all of which fail. We need to find other ways of scoring than the ball over the top. At heart though, there's a lack of shooting ability, Garbutt aside, throughout the team.
Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 23:47 - Dec 26 with 801 viewsstrikalite

Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 23:32 - Dec 26 by Quilterstown

Not scared, i think they don't have the shooting ability. All season there have been a tiny handful of attempts from outside the box. From good central shooting positions we either play the ball out wide or try over-complicated dinks inside the box, almost all of which fail. We need to find other ways of scoring than the ball over the top. At heart though, there's a lack of shooting ability, Garbutt aside, throughout the team.

Been saying it for ages, even under MM we were poor, shots from 20/25 yards can also create things, a corner, a defection in our favour etc...you must have two or three players that can drop a shoulder and have a go..

...and if you don't have players that have a shot in their locker then you'll also struggle with whipped in crosses too, so your strikers also have less supply..
Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 00:22 - Dec 27 with 771 viewsmadmouse1959

Ah...yeah but........they can do in training !!!!! I bet there are wonder goals flying in at Playford Rd.
Our football is just too predictable.t

shampoo dave

Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 01:06 - Dec 27 with 736 viewshoppy

...or even had a go from there?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 02:55 - Dec 27 with 706 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

I don't get to see the players in action like some others so can be tough to comment but would it be fair to say our attacking players could be closed down out there or restricted to distance shots from goal. I don't believe there's a fear factor, perhaps opposition teams are intent on shutting players out and minimizing a goal scoring opportunity. Maybe we don't possess the confidence to attempt shots from distance, I don't have the requisite answer to this issue.

One of my all-time favorite goalscorers was Gerd Muller, point being this was someone who more often than not would snatch chances from close range and became immensely
prolific from within the six yard box. Naturally we don't possess such star names but perhaps if Lambert and the team could formalize a cohesive strategy where this could consistently take effect with the players we got then this could greatly assist our situation.
Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 07:34 - Dec 27 with 646 viewstextbackup

what really fcks me off is the fact that its become a "laugh" to call for skuse to shoot.....
a professional football, central midfield, played about 200 games for us, with 1 goal. is utterly pathetic. the way we seem to be ok that each player can only achieve one thing per game - Skuse = keeps it tidy.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do you think our players are scared to shoot from range on 07:37 - Dec 27 with 640 viewsTractorCam

Vincent-Young v Tranmere, of course it had to be him!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024