Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. 21:30 - Nov 11 with 1216 viewsgerryitfc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50380641
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 21:34 - Nov 11 with 1185 viewsjjblue84

Denial is always the best way, football is now officially lost to television...
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 21:54 - Nov 11 with 1151 viewsWD19

7/10 looks like a clear and obvious error to me.

Neil knows what he needs to do......
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 21:59 - Nov 11 with 1139 viewsWD19

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 21:54 - Nov 11 by WD19

7/10 looks like a clear and obvious error to me.

Neil knows what he needs to do......

His name is also an anagram of ‘crab wrinklies’

Do crabs have wrinklies?
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 22:44 - Nov 11 with 1096 viewsGarv

Something that needs this much work to get right shouldn’t be in place. He said himself it’s taken three years to get to this sorry state.

He also said you’ll never get decisions 100% right and VAR wasn’t brought in for that purpose. What was it brought in for then?

I’m genuinely embarrassed to be a football fan. When I was young it was cool to like football and uncool to like cricket, things like VAR are starting to flip the rule book on its head.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 13:24 - Nov 12 with 917 viewshampstead_blue

VAR has to be the answer.
It will take time and a few iterations to improve.

Cricket has come a long way since it embraced technology.

Patience. It will improve and everyone will soon wonder what the fuss is all about.

I can't wait for cheating and diving to stop. Hopefully the FA and Prem will smash cheats so hard that it will simply be suicidal to cheat in any way.

Huge bans for faking, diving, trying to get players booked, harassing refs.
Send them to one of JC's education camps.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 13:56 - Nov 12 with 880 viewsWD19

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 13:24 - Nov 12 by hampstead_blue

Patience. It will improve and everyone will soon wonder what the fuss is all about.

I can't wait for cheating and diving to stop. Hopefully the FA and Prem will smash cheats so hard that it will simply be suicidal to cheat in any way.

Yeah.........no.
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 13:58 - Nov 12 with 879 viewsronnyd

Just another another load of Corporate bullsh@te that is brought out to justify something that isn,t working properly.
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 14:00 - Nov 12 with 873 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 13:24 - Nov 12 by hampstead_blue

It shouldn't be in the game though if it isn't doing its job, which it is not doing.

We can't just wait for it to get better, it is costing teams games.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 14:31 - Nov 12 with 843 viewsheavyweight

"It is understood the accuracy of decision making around key incidents, such as goals, red cards and penalties, has increased from 82% last season to above 90% this term"

How can they measure a "correct" decision - when an awful lots of decisions are based on an opinion?
7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 15:18 - Nov 12 with 814 viewshampstead_blue

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 14:00 - Nov 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

It shouldn't be in the game though if it isn't doing its job, which it is not doing.

We can't just wait for it to get better, it is costing teams games.

It has to be in the game.

How can you ignore the benefits of technology?
With the sheer vast amounts of cheating and money involved I'd be bringing as much technology into the game as possible.

Hopefully it will destroy the cheats and players will realise that they will get caught and will get punished. Until then football is in a coma.

Players have been getting away with too much for too long. The authorities have been weak and have given players too much power.
About time technology changed that.

Bring it in as fast as possible so we can develop the systems and bring down the costs so that all clubs can get the benefits.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

7/10 for VAR. What planet is he on. on 15:45 - Nov 12 with 799 viewsPinewoodblue

To be fair 7/10 is about right if you are just looking at the technology. If you factor in the way it is being used probably 4/10.

VAR should only draw attention to clear and obvious errors and the referee should then review and make the final decision.

McGoldrick was offside by a smaller margin than the Liverpool player on Sunday .

Sheffield United goal was ruled offside, the Liverpool goal wasn't.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024