Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't understand why so many fans 14:38 - Oct 4 with 1372 viewsBluefish

Get so excited by going to prem teams. I am far more excited about seeing Highbury tomorrow than I would be for a trip to somewhere like the Emirates. Proper grounds

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:39 - Oct 4 with 1359 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being excited about your team pitting themselves against some of the best in the world(and Norwich) as opposed to Fleetwood.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:40 - Oct 4 with 1355 viewsBigManBlue

Pretty much with you there. Big, spotless, heavily corporate stadia do nowt for me - I'd much rather be surrounded by terraced houses in a dumpy little ground, with the old boards around the roof that advertise mushy peas blowing off in the wind.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:41 - Oct 4 with 1351 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:39 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Imagine being excited about your team pitting themselves against some of the best in the world(and Norwich) as opposed to Fleetwood.

I was talking about the ground in this regard.

In reference to what you are talking about, that is offset for me by the corporate and tv worlds taking over. The lack of atmosphere, the tourists, the rescheduled for tv, the can't kick off until the adverts have finished, the VAR, the complete detachment from the players etc etc

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:41 - Oct 4 with 1338 viewsSpruceMoose

Yes, we know mate. You've said so before. Many times.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 1337 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:40 - Oct 4 by BigManBlue

Pretty much with you there. Big, spotless, heavily corporate stadia do nowt for me - I'd much rather be surrounded by terraced houses in a dumpy little ground, with the old boards around the roof that advertise mushy peas blowing off in the wind.

Exactly that. I thought this morning about whether it will be assigned seating and then remembered that it is terracing. Give me that all day long.

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:43 - Oct 4 with 1332 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:41 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Yes, we know mate. You've said so before. Many times.

I've never ever said that about going to Fleetwood

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:43 - Oct 4 with 1334 viewsBigManBlue

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:39 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Tad harsh, I'd love to see Ipswich go up against the players of Man City (for instance) but their ground has very little to do with what made me fall in love with football when I was younger.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I don't understand why so many fans on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 1232 viewsOldsmoker

Dear Paul and Marcus

It seems that some of the TWTD board don't want promotion to the Premiership. I suggest you remind them of that the next time they start banging on about not buying Star players and missing out on the play-offs when we're back in the Championship.

Oldsmoker

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:18 - Oct 4 with 1159 viewsBlueBadger

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:41 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

In reference to what you are talking about, that is offset for me by the corporate and tv worlds taking over. The lack of atmosphere, the tourists, the rescheduled for tv, the can't kick off until the adverts have finished, the VAR, the complete detachment from the players etc etc

This just sounds like the football equivalent of sneering at people who like Coldplay.

Which you detest.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 17:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:22 - Oct 4 with 1144 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:18 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

This just sounds like the football equivalent of sneering at people who like Coldplay.

Which you detest.

He does love Robbie Williams though!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:26 - Oct 4 with 1131 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:22 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

He does love Robbie Williams though!

Obviously. He is the workds most handsome man (just marginally ahead of Mick) and also made the greatest song of our generation.

Both of these facts can be validated

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:27 - Oct 4 with 1128 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:18 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Which you detest.

Nothing like it. People like that are bellends and like coldplay I am amazing

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:32 - Oct 4 with 1110 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:26 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Obviously. He is the workds most handsome man (just marginally ahead of Mick) and also made the greatest song of our generation.

Both of these facts can be validated

I am 100% behind you in the Mick love in.

Ooh er.

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:35 - Oct 4 with 1108 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't understand why so many fans on 14:41 - Oct 4 by Bluefish

Isn't there something special about the big famous grounds if you're a football fan in general? The history associated with some of the classic grounds, or the sheer scale of some of them. I like to go to new grounds even if we're not playing there; if we were it would add a little bit of extra spice of course.

Having a great time in a small old school ground and taking a trip to Old Trafford, Santiago Bernabeu or the San Siro aren't mutually exclusive in my book.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't understand why so many fans on 17:09 - Oct 4 with 1044 viewsBluefish

I don't understand why so many fans on 16:35 - Oct 4 by Swansea_Blue

Isn't there something special about the big famous grounds if you're a football fan in general? The history associated with some of the classic grounds, or the sheer scale of some of them. I like to go to new grounds even if we're not playing there; if we were it would add a little bit of extra spice of course.

Having a great time in a small old school ground and taking a trip to Old Trafford, Santiago Bernabeu or the San Siro aren't mutually exclusive in my book.

Not sure the Emirates meets that criteria at all

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024