Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought I’d hate league one 22:24 - Sep 21 with 1529 viewsBlackboots

but i’m loving it. Great to be winning and fantastic to be top of the league but they are not even the main reasons why. I’m loving it because for the first time in many, many years the manager, players, staff and fans are all pulling in the same direction. It sounds corny but we’re getting our soul back. Great to see photos of Chambers getting the train back tonight with the fans and the interview with Holy praising the support.

I don’t want to be going to Gillingham next season , albeit that it was a good afternoon in the sunshine (even if the lack of a roof killed any atmosphere). Contrary to what I thought when we were relegated though I now think we’ll look back on this season as the best thing to have happened to the club in nearly 20 years. It’s turning into the catalyst for the positive change we’ve desperately needed for so long. BCWYWF!

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:31 - Sep 21 with 1481 viewswkj

While I cant go on to say 'I am glad we got relegated' it is nice not burying my head in the sand on a Sundays. I hope this is the start of a new dawn, one which we are not to become a yoyo club. If we get promoted, I hope Evans will be inclined to trust him with with a few quid, lets face it, he was burnt pretty well by Keane, and probably got put off by that tool's money spunking.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:34 - Sep 21 with 1475 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with all that.

The quality of L1 is a long way below the champ, but the enjoyment factor (as a Town fan) is so much higher.

Have seen us play 9 times this season, including a couple of friendlies, it has been a good few years since I hit this figure in an entire season, and cannot wait for the next game.

Fair play to the fans who have rallied behind the club since PL took over and to PL for connecting with us in a way his predecessors did not. Bumped into someone I used to sit near when I had a ST today "It feels like we have got our football club back", I cannot agree more.
I thought I’d hate league one on 22:43 - Sep 21 with 1429 viewsRadlett_blue

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:34 - Sep 21 by xrayspecs

Agree with all that.

The quality of L1 is a long way below the champ, but the enjoyment factor (as a Town fan) is so much higher.

Have seen us play 9 times this season, including a couple of friendlies, it has been a good few years since I hit this figure in an entire season, and cannot wait for the next game.

Fair play to the fans who have rallied behind the club since PL took over and to PL for connecting with us in a way his predecessors did not. Bumped into someone I used to sit near when I had a ST today "It feels like we have got our football club back", I cannot agree more.

We're winning games in a poor league, although we can't so much more than that so we should try to enjoy it.
Promotion is important for the club, but there is no reason to believe that it will change Evans's attitude to spending the money that might make us competitive in the 2nd tier.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:50 - Sep 21 with 1400 viewsFreddies_Ears

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:43 - Sep 21 by Radlett_blue

We're winning games in a poor league, although we can't so much more than that so we should try to enjoy it.
Promotion is important for the club, but there is no reason to believe that it will change Evans's attitude to spending the money that might make us competitive in the 2nd tier.

It already looks like we will stay up... 3rd from bottom Southend have 4 pts from 9 games, extrapolating to 20 pts for the whole season. We already have 21 pts.

More seriously, we are putting space between ourselves and the rest quite quickly with each win. There will be some tough games ahead, but if we can win home and away to the bottom half of the league, we'll be fine.
I thought I’d hate league one on 23:04 - Sep 21 with 1351 viewswkj

I thought I’d hate league one on 22:43 - Sep 21 by Radlett_blue

Doesn't mean I can't say "I hope" he will chuck a few quid Lambert's way

Crybaby

I thought I’d hate league one on 23:15 - Sep 21 with 1315 viewsITFC_Forever

We said this on the way home today.

As a club and fanbase, we seem to have got our mojo back.

Going to to football is fun - who knew?!

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I thought I’d hate league one on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 1306 viewswkj

I thought I’d hate league one on 23:15 - Sep 21 by ITFC_Forever

We said this on the way home today.

As a club and fanbase, we seem to have got our mojo back.

Going to to football is fun - who knew?!

Indeed, there are a few who are expecting bolton like scorelines as a bench mark, but much like Lambert, I will snatch the hand off of anyone who says we'll win 1-0 before a game. We've got a tough few seasons ahead of us, but the cloud is certainly feeling like its lifting some

Crybaby

I thought I’d hate league one on 09:40 - Sep 22 with 953 viewsITFC_Forever

I thought I’d hate league one on 23:17 - Sep 21 by wkj

Indeed, there are a few who are expecting bolton like scorelines as a bench mark, but much like Lambert, I will snatch the hand off of anyone who says we'll win 1-0 before a game. We've got a tough few seasons ahead of us, but the cloud is certainly feeling like its lifting some

Dug-out 1-0 away wins are what promotion and title winning seasons are built on.

Games like yesterday will do fine.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024