Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not a Trump post... social media as a.. well... media outlet 12:15 - Aug 6 with 414 viewsunstableblue

I don't need to state that Trump's reinventing of the truth around the US mass shootings, his denial of previous divisive comments, and his stance on gun control, is just outrageous, totally. With his telly prompted mono-tone and simpering words being meaningless. Call the guy out Americans, how can you have him as your President.

Ahem, sorry, but this is not about Trump, its about the right wing media and the social trolls. There was a right wing republican spokeslady on Newsnight last night. She was pond scum. Our lovely Emily did press her, but this woman was full on loony toons But to someone receptive she is a voice of authority. She played the UK knife problem card - Maitlis rightly said, well the difference is, we see the knifes as a problem, you don't see the guns as a problem. In the end Emily just gave up on her. But there are many like her. The montages of Fox news as an echo chamber of the 'hispanic' invasion diatribe of hate for example. But its when you go on Twitter you start to see the real fake news.. the bots... there are sane people calling out the Presidents lies, but then there are these fantasists posting love for the president, and conspiracy theories about the 'libtards' and their hate of America, and their own made-up agendas. If you are susceptible and already right leaning you're going to be influenced by this. It is a media outlet, it is an influencer, but it is completely unregulated or controlled in the main by Facebook, Twitter et al. It is polarising. And as Trump belittles and degrades the likes of ABC, CNN, MSNBC, he pushed these people to the extremes.

Its not surprising there are so many fruit loops over there. Thank god for the BBC... long may Farage's attacks on it be repelled. Yes it is a little liberal leaning.... but surely that is the right position to be anyway?!

Thank god that on TWTD we all agree that Mick was ultimately a negative influence on this club, its fan base and attendance, and the style of football needed to progress.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is not a Trump post... social media as a.. well... media outlet on 13:25 - Aug 6 with 364 viewsIllinoisblue

The sheer volume of the bots is the scary thing. People with half a brain can spot them but there are too many drooling fookwits who’ll spread the idiocy without thinking for one second about what they’re doing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This is not a Trump post... social media as a.. well... media outlet on 15:11 - Aug 6 with 318 viewsOldsmoker

A conversation I had with a friend, over a year ago now, had him suggesting that Trump accuses others of what he himself is gulity of. He also said that Trump seems to deny the obvious by making ridiculous claims.
Since then, I have noticed exactly what my friend had pointed out.
"I have the best words" - there are so many occassions where this has proven to be not true on just about every level.
"I am the least racist person in the world" - That's a 100% falsehood. If he'd claimed he was the MOST racist person in the world I would say top 10 but not top.
"I the least anti-semetic person in the world" - he said this to a Jewish reporter and then told the reporter to shut up and sit down.
He accuses others of hating America. Trump actually hates a sizeable portion of the population and some cities and their mayors/judges.
He accuses Obama and the previous administration of...
- destroying jobs - Obamas record on job creation was exceptional.
- destroying healthcare - Trump has made healthcare less affordable.
- destroying the environment - Trump has removed environmetal safeguards
- making peace with dangerous countries eg Iran where Trump has sucked up to Russia, N.Korea and alienated China and the EU.
He accused Hilary Clinton of being a crook but Trump faces a multitude of law suits accusing him of breaking laws.

So, if he says that Ted Cruz is an alien then you know full well that Trump is from another planet.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024