Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans/Lambert 15:34 - Aug 2 with 1354 viewsMoriarty

Without essays or outrage, do you think the relationship between Evans and Lambert has :-

1. Broken down;
2. Is on very thin ice;
3. Normal - these things happen and everyone gets on with it.

I think 2.

fka omuircheartaigh

Evans/Lambert on 15:36 - Aug 2 with 1163 viewsartsbossbeard

Normal with added Lambert angst as he knows that there's some money coming in.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Evans/Lambert on 15:37 - Aug 2 with 1153 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert can't afford to be on thin ice. His reputation is in the toilet. He needs us to do well to restore it. He knew the way the club was run when he took the job. I'd rather he stopped blubbing and got on with it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Evans/Lambert on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 1154 viewsDarth_Koont

3ish.

Pronouns: He/Him

Evans/Lambert on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 1149 viewsFreddy

Sounds like its on very thin ice - can see him walking if results don't come
Evans/Lambert on 15:41 - Aug 2 with 1134 viewsRegencyBlue

I’d say 2.

I don’t think Evans is going to like being told how it is so publicly!
Evans/Lambert on 15:42 - Aug 2 with 1129 viewsWD19

I think Lambert thinks it is normal.
Evans/Lambert on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1104 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans/Lambert on 15:37 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Lambert can't afford to be on thin ice. His reputation is in the toilet. He needs us to do well to restore it. He knew the way the club was run when he took the job. I'd rather he stopped blubbing and got on with it.

I'm not convinced we are Lambert's last chance. I think we have a reputation for giving managers time but making their job extremely difficult. I think he'd easily get another job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans/Lambert on 15:46 - Aug 2 with 1096 viewsSpruceMoose

Evans/Lambert on 15:45 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

I'm not convinced we are Lambert's last chance. I think we have a reputation for giving managers time but making their job extremely difficult. I think he'd easily get another job.

With who and at what level? He's tarnished and is in danger of entering that group of managers led by Megson.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Evans/Lambert on 15:47 - Aug 2 with 1096 viewsitfcjoe

I've said from the start that Lambert will challenge Evans more and he appears to be doing so - Evans doesn't seem to have risen to it yet.

If Lambert continues to and get nowhere then I've no doubt he will walk - people can say he can't walk away because he won't get another job etc, but I just don't see that - he's too passionate and stubborn a bloke.

Think he'll act first then suffer consequences later - Evans needs to back him more - or he'll just walk away. He'll find something else to do, I wouldn't worry about him, but may mean his managerial career in higher levels is over for now but that's better than working for someone not giving you a fair crack (in your view)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans/Lambert on 15:47 - Aug 2 with 1102 viewsElderGrizzly

From a Villa Fan:

Evans/Lambert on 15:50 - Aug 2 with 1065 viewsMoriarty

Evans/Lambert on 15:41 - Aug 2 by RegencyBlue

I’d say 2.

I don’t think Evans is going to like being told how it is so publicly!

That’s what I think.

fka omuircheartaigh

Evans/Lambert on 15:50 - Aug 2 with 1064 viewsDarth_Koont

Evans/Lambert on 15:47 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

From a Villa Fan:

To be fair, not sure about Norwich and Stoke and that cycle may well exist but was in the Premier League where they were up against it on transfers and overall spending.

Pronouns: He/Him

Evans/Lambert on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 1030 viewsSpruceMoose

Evans/Lambert on 15:50 - Aug 2 by Moriarty

That’s what I think.

It would be Gary Megson's time to shine.

Evans/Lambert on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 1034 viewsitfcjoe

Evans/Lambert on 15:50 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, not sure about Norwich and Stoke and that cycle may well exist but was in the Premier League where they were up against it on transfers and overall spending.

If you look at Villa after him, he clearly was doing a decent job keeping them where they were - Randy lerner had lost interest and was just cutting everything back after the O'Neill years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans/Lambert on 15:57 - Aug 2 with 1006 viewsBluefish

I expect Evans realises that Lambert has been awful and not delivered all of the things that he said he would in his interview

I expect Lambert is upset with Evans because he won't let him buy his way out of this mess

I expect they both know they need each other at the moment.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Evans/Lambert on 16:19 - Aug 2 with 947 viewsBlueBadger

Evans/Lambert on 15:57 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

I expect Evans realises that Lambert has been awful and not delivered all of the things that he said he would in his interview

I expect Lambert is upset with Evans because he won't let him buy his way out of this mess

I expect they both know they need each other at the moment.

Lambert has delivered exactly what Evans wanted - been the PR man who's distracted all the attention from Evans with nice dinners for club legends, good interviews and Improved Performances.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans/Lambert on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 912 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans/Lambert on 16:19 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Lambert has delivered exactly what Evans wanted - been the PR man who's distracted all the attention from Evans with nice dinners for club legends, good interviews and Improved Performances.

Imagine a manager coming in and improving performances. What a fraud.

Truly impaired.

Evans/Lambert on 16:24 - Aug 2 with 897 viewsSpruceMoose

Evans/Lambert on 16:23 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Shame those supposed 'improved performances' didn't lead to winning any games...

Evans/Lambert on 16:25 - Aug 2 with 903 viewsBluefish

Evans/Lambert on 16:19 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

I expect that was a big part of the interview but I'm guessing at some point they also discussed football and lambo probably said don't worry about that, what kind of loser would have a ppg like Hurst....

Similar to roy saying any idiot could be mid table.....he couldn't

Evans/Lambert on 16:25 - Aug 2 with 904 viewsBlueBadger

Winning a game or two would have just ruined it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans/Lambert on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 879 viewsBluefish

Lambert improved performances? At times yes, consistently no. Let's also remember everyone excusing Hurst because the performances were so much better. If Hurst was much better and then Lambert was much better again we must be playing fantastic. We looked a mess at times especially towards the end and when we were trying to playing from the CBs early on
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 16:30]

Evans/Lambert on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 878 viewsblueconscience

Evans/Lambert on 16:24 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Shame those supposed 'improved performances' didn't lead to winning any games...

You get what you pay for!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans/Lambert on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 878 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans/Lambert on 16:25 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

Winning a game or two would have just ruined it.

Sears got injured and we were left with two strikers out of their depth. Jackson should be better this season and Norwood is a big signing.

Lets give Lambert a chance. He might fail miserably but there's not a poster on here who hasn't see your hilarious digs about PR.

Truly impaired.

Evans/Lambert on 16:29 - Aug 2 with 861 viewsSpruceMoose

Evans/Lambert on 16:28 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Sears got injured and we were left with two strikers out of their depth. Jackson should be better this season and Norwood is a big signing.

Lets give Lambert a chance. He might fail miserably but there's not a poster on here who hasn't see your hilarious digs about PR.

It's a fair point. People are lying to themselves that performances under Lambert were any better than under Mick. How about Lambert earns some plaudits before he's given them.

Evans/Lambert on 16:32 - Aug 2 with 844 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans/Lambert on 16:29 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

It's a fair point. People are lying to themselves that performances under Lambert were any better than under Mick. How about Lambert earns some plaudits before he's given them.

I said lets give him a chance. A chance to earn those plaudits.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024