Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day 2008 16:25 - Jul 21 with 1201 viewsTommyparker

Local lad Richard Wright signed from West Ham for 500,000 to begin a second spell with Town after leaving in 2001, after 291 games.
On this day 2008 on 22:03 - Jul 21 with 916 viewsSwansea_Blue

A waste of a move that was (his first one to Arsenal). You can’t blame him as he had to try, but if he’d stayed with us or been a big fish in a small pond with a low PL team he’d have played a lot more footie.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On this day 2008 on 22:10 - Jul 21 with 898 viewsBloomBlue

Always a hero but unfortunately Wright had two weaknesses as a GK, he wasn't great on crosses and was slow which made him panic occasionally, his England debut being a perfect example
On this day 2008 on 22:10 - Jul 21 with 891 viewsSwansea_Blue

On this day 2008 on 22:10 - Jul 21 by BloomBlue

Always a hero but unfortunately Wright had two weaknesses as a GK, he wasn't great on crosses and was slow which made him panic occasionally, his England debut being a perfect example

Cracking ears though 👂🏼

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On this day 2008 on 08:12 - Jul 22 with 585 viewsitfcjoe

On this day 2008 on 22:03 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

A waste of a move that was (his first one to Arsenal). You can’t blame him as he had to try, but if he’d stayed with us or been a big fish in a small pond with a low PL team he’d have played a lot more footie.

I think he left Arsenal too early, was signed as a long term successor to Seaman and when he was 'dropped' for the Cup Final after playing the rounds before seemed to agitate for a move.

Should have stuck it out behind Seaman and would have been in a much better position to takeover.

Crazy how few games he played not for ITFC

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

On this day 2008 on 08:12 - Jul 22 with 585 viewschicoazul

I still have trouble getting over the fact he is a key coach at the greatest football machine in England.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024