Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stones 22:18 - Jun 6 with 2061 viewsStokieBlue

Get rid....

If you want to be a midfielder then you should have been.

Absolutely shocking and both goals entirely his fault.

SB
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 22:40]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stones on 22:19 - Jun 6 with 2048 viewsstig4532

I don't understand why Southgate isn't picking players on merit..
Stones on 22:59 - Jun 6 with 1947 viewsTractorWood

He's not physical, he's not excellent on the ball, his marking isn't great. This is based on a few years too. Just don't think he's a centre back at the moment. Hopefully, he'll find himself.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stones on 23:01 - Jun 6 with 1940 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stones on 22:19 - Jun 6 by stig4532

I don't understand why Southgate isn't picking players on merit..

Injuries and CL I think.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stones on 00:11 - Jun 7 with 1874 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stones on 22:59 - Jun 6 by TractorWood

He's not physical, he's not excellent on the ball, his marking isn't great. This is based on a few years too. Just don't think he's a centre back at the moment. Hopefully, he'll find himself.

Typical case of players being so hyped at an early age that people expect them to automatically end up as world beaters.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stones on 09:37 - Jun 7 with 1725 viewsrickw

I think if Gomez had have been fit and joined the squad earlier then Stones may have been dropped.
I think the next game may see what will become our strongest team, something like:
_________Pickford
TAA__Gomez__Maguire__Rose
________Henderson
____Barkley________Alli
Lingard________________Sterling
__________Kane

I think Alexander-Arnold would have ousted Walker but for the CL final, Rose's recent form has been superb, despite Chilwell's form also being good Rose should take his place. I think Winks has been unlucky, but the CL and his lack of recent games cost him a place.
Lingard deserves a start now after making a difference when he came on.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Stones on 10:28 - Jun 7 with 1671 viewsOsborneOneNil

Stones on 09:37 - Jun 7 by rickw

I think if Gomez had have been fit and joined the squad earlier then Stones may have been dropped.
I think the next game may see what will become our strongest team, something like:
_________Pickford
________Henderson
____Barkley________Alli
__________Kane

I think Alexander-Arnold would have ousted Walker but for the CL final, Rose's recent form has been superb, despite Chilwell's form also being good Rose should take his place. I think Winks has been unlucky, but the CL and his lack of recent games cost him a place.

Agree with that, except Alli and Lingard. Alli is massively overrated, and Lingard isn't in form either. Other than the offside goal, he was ineffective when he came on.
Stones on 10:37 - Jun 7 with 1662 viewsNo9

None of the defenders looked International class last night did they?

Just about all of them made some stupid mistakes - fortunately not all were punished.
But with no midfiled worth the name England were lucky not to be well beaten by 90 minutes
Stones on 11:52 - Jun 7 with 1626 viewsWickets

Not all his fault , managers tactics to play out from the back but only one midfielder making himself available for the ball,Barkley, did not help Delph and Rice simple not good enough on the night for me. But Stones should have had enough about him to think on his feet and do a lot better than he did. He has got previous for this sort of error .
Login to get fewer ads

Stones on 14:33 - Jun 7 with 1559 viewsNo9

Stones on 10:28 - Jun 7 by OsborneOneNil

Agree with that, except Alli and Lingard. Alli is massively overrated, and Lingard isn't in form either. Other than the offside goal, he was ineffective when he came on.

I agree with your view of Alli. Lingard is also limited but I think the FA need to have at least one Man U player in the squad for political reasons.

Too many last night are not 1st team regulars & some not up to international football.
Stones on 14:54 - Jun 7 with 1537 viewsIpswichKnight

Stones on 09:37 - Jun 7 by rickw

_________Pickford
________Henderson
____Barkley________Alli
__________Kane

Only two changes i'd make to that would be Rice in for Berkley and Sancho in for Lingard. The more games Sancho gets at intl level the better he will get.
Stones on 17:06 - Jun 7 with 1486 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Stones on 22:59 - Jun 6 by TractorWood

Agree, I've never seen the hype around John Stones even when he was at Everton. Decent enough for a Premier League team, but he's not an international standard player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024