Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proper solid away win that 20:10 - Dec 9 with 1830 viewstextbackup

One thing that doesn’t look right at the moment… Broadhead.

Seems to be well off his normal level of performance for a couple of weeks now. Tiredness from being away with Wales maybe?

Second top scorer and has sone important goals for us this season, so be no means writing him off. Just doesn’t look right.

Vas, based purely on his footwork, possibly the best ever goalkeeper performance I’ve seen today, as said elsewhere, he could do a job on pitch!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Proper solid away win that on 21:59 - Dec 9 with 1581 viewsmrfixit426

I don't agree.

Things haven't been running for him lately, with a few toe-end tackles robbing him of the ball, but today he still carried the ball between lines really well, and made their players over commit which opened up space elsewhere. One driving run was only stopped by a foul.

Against Coventry he did the same, as well as providing a delicious through ball for Hirst to score.

Back to Millwall and he scored a great headed goal, which looked easy, but absolutely wasn't.

I'm not sure how much more you would demand from a Championship player. His ball retention could have been better recently, but this happens when players aren't afraid to take risks.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2023 22:00]
Proper solid away win that on 22:02 - Dec 9 with 1537 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Much better today in compare to West Bromwich two weeks ago where he had been very poor.
Proper solid away win that on 22:07 - Dec 9 with 1507 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's OK. Just lacking that bit of sharpness it seems and things just seemed to bounce of him.

He's still vital with the roaming he does as he's got that understanding with the others. But with the ball he's certainly not as his usual high level standards.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Proper solid away win that on 22:08 - Dec 9 with 1502 viewsGlasgowBlue

Had a great game for Wales and hasn't quite been at it since. Think he'll be rested on Tuesday and unleashed on Norwich.

Vas is my POTS so far.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Proper solid away win that on 22:08 - Dec 9 with 1507 viewsredrickstuhaart

He is a player who drifts in and out and then does something special. Always has been and still is a bit.

He could do more off the ball for me, when things arent coming off. The addition of Hutch imprved us from a defensive point of view as he always closed the right side for us.
Proper solid away win that on 22:32 - Dec 9 with 1392 viewstextbackup

Proper solid away win that on 21:59 - Dec 9 by mrfixit426

I don't agree.

Things haven't been running for him lately, with a few toe-end tackles robbing him of the ball, but today he still carried the ball between lines really well, and made their players over commit which opened up space elsewhere. One driving run was only stopped by a foul.

Against Coventry he did the same, as well as providing a delicious through ball for Hirst to score.

Back to Millwall and he scored a great headed goal, which looked easy, but absolutely wasn't.

I'm not sure how much more you would demand from a Championship player. His ball retention could have been better recently, but this happens when players aren't afraid to take risks.

For me he seems to have lost the ball really cheaply a fair few times, he’s not been massively under pressure, and seemed to make it harder for himself than he needed to.

Still a very good player, just not at his normal level that’s all

Proper solid away win that on 22:38 - Dec 9 with 1347 viewsGlasgowBlue

Proper solid away win that on 22:32 - Dec 9 by textbackup

For me he seems to have lost the ball really cheaply a fair few times, he’s not been massively under pressure, and seemed to make it harder for himself than he needed to.

Lost the ball in our half which could have been very costly. Maybe trying to force things rather than let his talent do the work for him?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Proper solid away win that on 22:48 - Dec 9 with 1298 viewsDarkBrandon

Proper solid away win that on 22:08 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

Had a great game for Wales and hasn't quite been at it since. Think he'll be rested on Tuesday and unleashed on Norwich.

Vas is my POTS so far.

I was wondering earlier today if Vas would be in the running for POTS.
Login to get fewer ads

Proper solid away win that on 22:52 - Dec 9 with 1270 viewstextbackup

Proper solid away win that on 22:38 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

Lost the ball in our half which could have been very costly. Maybe trying to force things rather than let his talent do the work for him?

Yep, poor touch when put though in second half too.
As you say, think he’s trying too hard as things aren’t working as naturally as they previously have

Proper solid away win that on 23:14 - Dec 9 with 1176 viewsmrfixit426

Proper solid away win that on 22:32 - Dec 9 by textbackup

That's fair. But he has set exceptionally high standards for himself from quite early on.
Proper solid away win that on 10:02 - Dec 10 with 751 viewsSimonds92

I do think he's hit a tough patch of form to be honest. I think there was a spell of games from Plymouth to West Brom where he just wasn't really involved in the games a great deal. Since then he's been a lot more involved in the build up, looked a bit more dangerous but most of the things he's tried haven't come off. The good thing is it will start to come off soon and he has still popped up with a goal against Millwall and a great assist against Coventry.
Proper solid away win that on 10:04 - Dec 10 with 729 viewsSheffordBlue

Proper solid away win that on 21:59 - Dec 9 by mrfixit426

I don't agree.

Agree - he plays right on the margins and sometimes it will go for your and sometimes it won't. It's just natural variation of what comes off and what doesn't. Took a great block yesterday to deny him a goal as well.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024