Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last away goal 08:08 - Jan 21 with 1958 viewsmarkand1986

Was in Lamberts first away game on November 10th. Its incredible the love for Lambert despite what he is doing on the pitch clearly not working. I know you cannot comment on Lambert doing anything badly on here but there you go. He is not god. The Spence situation went on too long, Elder has come in and does not look better than Kenlock, he has not made subs in a game that has changed a game and we don't score away from home. He cannot blame Hurst forever.
Last away goal on 08:14 - Jan 21 with 1940 viewsGerkensBeard

He’s shot himself in the foot with a these loanees. All come with possible guarentees of starting ex amount of games.
He’s trying to fit Keane and Quaner into the same team, by that Judge was pushed out wide.
Judge is number 10, Keane is a number 9.
Was square pegs in round holes Saturday apart from the back 6.
Elder is not good enough but is here as he’s been promised he’ll be playing. He’s one signing I just don’t understand. We needed an experienced left back.
Last away goal on 08:15 - Jan 21 with 1932 viewsReuser_is_God

Perhaps we should judge Lambert properly when he has his own team? Not saying he’s exempt from criticism & the points you make a good ones, but it’s far too early to judge Lambert.

If this time next year we’re in L1 going nowhere then by all means give him some stick, but not just yet.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Last away goal on 08:19 - Jan 21 with 1916 viewsBloomBlue

That is an amazing stat as is the 2 or more goals conceded in the last 13.
I'm pleased with PL as manager but after the win last week I was expecting better against Blackburn. I'm not say a win but a draw and at least a goal from us.
Last away goal on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 1865 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t be silly, Lambert can’t be judged on anything yet as he inherited a bunch of players from Hurst and it’s unheard of for a manager to come in and make the team he inherits play better. He needs until the end of this transfer window to get his own men in despite the fact he’s already brought in 6, and then I expect he’ll need another 10 games for them to bed in

Until then, he couldn’t possibly be expected to pickup any points
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 8:52]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Last away goal on 09:12 - Jan 21 with 1800 viewsElephantintheRoom

Last away goal on 08:52 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t be silly, Lambert can’t be judged on anything yet as he inherited a bunch of players from Hurst and it’s unheard of for a manager to come in and make the team he inherits play better. He needs until the end of this transfer window to get his own men in despite the fact he’s already brought in 6, and then I expect he’ll need another 10 games for them to bed in

Clearly you have never heard of the dead cat bounce. Usually new managers make things better by doing very little. For instance, the Man U manager can improve things immeasurably by smiling and encouraging his players to enjoy what they are doing. Lambo has form for making struggling clubs worse - he managed it Stoke, which is some achievement given he took over from Mark Hughes.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Last away goal on 09:15 - Jan 21 with 1791 viewsmarkand1986

Last away goal on 08:52 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I would argue we couldn't expect wins against Preston at home v ten men, Bristol City, Millwall at home. The two wins we have got were lucky backs to the wall 1-0 wins against poor teams at home. Just don't get the Lambert love in.
Last away goal on 09:21 - Jan 21 with 1776 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Last away goal on 09:12 - Jan 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Clearly you have never heard of the dead cat bounce. Usually new managers make things better by doing very little. For instance, the Man U manager can improve things immeasurably by smiling and encouraging his players to enjoy what they are doing. Lambo has form for making struggling clubs worse - he managed it Stoke, which is some achievement given he took over from Mark Hughes.

And clearly you have never heard of sarcasm 🙂

Last away goal on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 1732 viewsBloomBlue

Last away goal on 09:21 - Jan 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And clearly you have never heard of sarcasm 🙂

I'm struggling to find anyone on this site who understands sarcasm, I think the internet is killing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Last away goal on 09:41 - Jan 21 with 1721 viewsITFC_Forever

Last away goal on 09:12 - Jan 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Actually Nerdy, Lambert improved Stoke and they were a win away from staying up, despite Hughes' efforts earlier in the season.

That said, Lambert does have a knack of taking on basket cases - Norwich in L1, Villa, Wolves, Stoke and now us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Last away goal on 09:48 - Jan 21 with 1704 viewsGerkensBeard

Last away goal on 09:15 - Jan 21 by markand1986

I would argue we couldn't expect wins against Preston at home v ten men, Bristol City, Millwall at home. The two wins we have got were lucky backs to the wall 1-0 wins against poor teams at home. Just don't get the Lambert love in.

The lambert love in is due to the fact he’s reconnected the club with the fans, the games are far more entertaining than under Hurst albeit Saturday. He’s unable to bring in loans that could possibly pull us up the table due to our financial restraints so has settled for the likes of those he’s brought in.
Some (most) are appreciating what he’s trying to achieve.
Last away goal on 10:03 - Jan 21 with 1654 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Last away goal on 09:41 - Jan 21 by ITFC_Forever

Actually Nerdy, Lambert improved Stoke and they were a win away from staying up, despite Hughes' efforts earlier in the season.

That said, Lambert does have a knack of taking on basket cases - Norwich in L1, Villa, Wolves, Stoke and now us.

They were a win from staying up after they beat fellow relegated side Swansea on the last day of the season, having already been relegated the week before

When Lambert took over at Stoke they were 18th in the table, 1pt from safety and averaging 0.87ppg

They finished the season 19th, 3pts from safety with Lambert having average 0.87ppg

Turnaround

Last away goal on 10:03 - Jan 21 with 1654 viewsGuthrum

Since then we haven't failed to score at home, averaging 1.33 goals per game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last away goal on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 1590 viewsMoisha

Scoring goals appears to be a problem not just associated with PL or PH.

Remember under MM we went many games without scoring goals, only around this time last year we went 5 or 6 home games registering 0.... A unwanted club record!!

I don't know why we cannot score goals, is it the service to the strikers? Are the strikers not good enough? Remember we have now tried many different forwards!! do we not take strikes on goal? how many goals do we score from set pieces?

We don't score enough goals but I don't know why.
Last away goal on 11:09 - Jan 21 with 1529 viewsGarv

Last away goal on 10:36 - Jan 21 by Moisha

Scoring goals appears to be a problem not just associated with PL or PH.

Remember under MM we went many games without scoring goals, only around this time last year we went 5 or 6 home games registering 0.... A unwanted club record!!

I don't know why we cannot score goals, is it the service to the strikers? Are the strikers not good enough? Remember we have now tried many different forwards!! do we not take strikes on goal? how many goals do we score from set pieces?

We don't score enough goals but I don't know why.

Goals cost money/good scouting.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Last away goal on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 1506 viewsSWGF

Last away goal on 10:03 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

Since then we haven't failed to score at home, averaging 1.33 goals per game.

Appreciate this thread is about scoring, but we have conceded an average of 1.5 goals in those same home matches!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Last away goal on 11:27 - Jan 21 with 1491 viewsGuthrum

Last away goal on 11:19 - Jan 21 by SWGF

Appreciate this thread is about scoring, but we have conceded an average of 1.5 goals in those same home matches!

Indeed. Hence why it's W2 D1 L3* - with some howlers in that last column.

* W2 D2 L3, if you include all of Lambert's home matches.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last away goal on 11:35 - Jan 21 with 1472 viewspeterleeblue

Last away goal on 08:15 - Jan 21 by Reuser_is_God

Perhaps we should judge Lambert properly when he has his own team? Not saying he’s exempt from criticism & the points you make a good ones, but it’s far too early to judge Lambert.

If this time next year we’re in L1 going nowhere then by all means give him some stick, but not just yet.

Hmm. That guy at Southampton has managed to get a bounce from a team that is not his.
I accept its not eggs with eggs.
I support Lambert but the jury is well and truly still out.
If we have a league one squad courtesy of Hurst . League one teams beat championship ones regularly in cups. IMHO we should have had a least another win or two in his tenure so far. Millwall and Bristol City are the two we should have had.
We aren't a non league team (yet)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024