Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought.... 20:25 - Jan 9 with 8337 viewsKieran_Knows

... James Collins to sign, Pennington to return to Everton and PL recalls Woolfenden which frees up another loan spot for PL to use?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just a thought.... on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 8277 viewsbadadski

would be all over this if we could get somebody of his experience. used to get me loads of points in fantasy league for a cheap defender. Experienced old head needed as ironically we are not being outdone by pace at all this season but crappy aerial duels.
Just a thought.... on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 8024 viewsBluearmy71

For my mind Pennington is up there with player of the season shout with his performances so far, sending him back would be daft but tbf your reasons for thinking that do make sense if it were to happen.
Just a thought.... on 22:33 - Jan 9 with 8006 viewsBluearmy71

Just a thought.... on 22:29 - Jan 9 by Bluearmy71

For my mind Pennington is up there with player of the season shout with his performances so far, sending him back would be daft but tbf your reasons for thinking that do make sense if it were to happen.

But maybe bringing Collins is will see Chambo as right back if we do not sign one in this transfer window.
Just a thought.... on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 7976 viewstractorboy1978

Player of the season? He's been responsible for so many goals.
Just a thought.... on 22:37 - Jan 9 with 7961 viewsStNeotsBlue

Really? He's a poor version of David Linighan, I've no confidence in him.
Just a thought.... on 22:46 - Jan 9 with 7910 viewsRadlett_blue

Just a thought.... on 22:33 - Jan 9 by Bluearmy71

But maybe bringing Collins is will see Chambo as right back if we do not sign one in this transfer window.

Think of the reaction if Mick - or Hurst - moved Chambers back to full back.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just a thought.... on 22:47 - Jan 9 with 7903 viewsreusersfreekicks

What!!!!
Just a thought.... on 23:29 - Jan 9 with 7787 viewsBluearmy71

Just a thought.... on 22:47 - Jan 9 by reusersfreekicks

What!!!!

All who disagree name a better performer over the course of the season so far, I also stated he was in with a shout not that he has won the bloody thing!
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought.... on 23:35 - Jan 9 with 7765 viewsBluearmy71

Just a thought.... on 22:46 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

I know bud but on the proviso we are not able to get another proper right back on the books I think it will be a case of having to and notr choosing to as both MM and PH done, also dropping Chambo is a complete no go in my books so slotting him there would be the option as to have a central defensive partnership of Chambers and Collins would leave us bereft of any pace there t lest with Pennington we have some pace to fall back on.
Just a thought.... on 23:36 - Jan 9 with 7757 viewsLeagueOne

Just a thought.... on 22:36 - Jan 9 by tractorboy1978

Player of the season? He's been responsible for so many goals.

Reading this forum sometimes you'd think we were a top 6 side based on the over hype of our players. We're bottom, this is the worse side thats ever played for us. Ever. It's a fact. Pennington isn't good enough to play football at this level as proven by his performances in a teamthats bottom and was likely relegated in January.

But no, theyll come good. Young and exciting...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Just a thought.... on 23:39 - Jan 9 with 7746 viewsbadadski

Just a thought.... on 23:29 - Jan 9 by Bluearmy71

All who disagree name a better performer over the course of the season so far, I also stated he was in with a shout not that he has won the bloody thing!

The whole team has mostly been diabolical but agree Pennington has made lots of errors and wouldn't be sad to see him leave. His last ditch tackle was still amazing though. He's just not the defender we need to Marshall out games. I would give no player player of the season as nobody deserves it unless one player steps up and drags us out of the mess kicking and screaming.
Just a thought.... on 23:51 - Jan 9 with 7718 viewsipswichheritage

Get rid of Pennington for Collins ASAP. Another Hurst signing - needs to be sent back..
Just a thought.... on 01:13 - Jan 10 with 7626 viewsBluearmy71

Just a thought.... on 23:39 - Jan 9 by badadski

The whole team has mostly been diabolical but agree Pennington has made lots of errors and wouldn't be sad to see him leave. His last ditch tackle was still amazing though. He's just not the defender we need to Marshall out games. I would give no player player of the season as nobody deserves it unless one player steps up and drags us out of the mess kicking and screaming.

You do make a valid point to the inability to see games out but then as you rightly say also no one player has shone through this year they have all made errors which have been costly and its far easier to remember the errors than the good things anyone has done, I feel that our goal difference would have been worse without Pennington in the team!

People still stating he is no good but they are not naming names as their alternative to who could be in with a shout so irrespective of the mistakes he's made name a few players who y'all think have done better over the season so far, irrespective of their own individual mistakes too, I have a couple maybe 3 others in mind who may be up there for the award, who know maybe we will get that miracle player who does enough to grab it in half a season!
Just a thought.... on 02:10 - Jan 10 with 7583 viewswkj

Pennington has had some questionable games, but as far as players bough in, he has been on of the more effective ones.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just a thought.... on 10:18 - Jan 10 with 7409 viewsHarryWright

Pennington flatters to deceive, he looks great at times with his reading of the game but then he always switches off and it causes a goal. As a defender you can't play well and then make a big mistake every game.
Just a thought.... on 10:20 - Jan 10 with 7391 viewsBluefish

Just a thought.... on 23:29 - Jan 9 by Bluearmy71

Skuse

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just a thought.... on 10:27 - Jan 10 with 7356 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It makes sense to me. Collins would be an improvement if he stayed fit and Pennington is almost comical with his man marking.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Just a thought.... on 10:41 - Jan 10 with 7294 viewsWickets

Just a thought.... on 22:46 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

Cant see it happening anyway !
Just a thought.... on 11:05 - Jan 10 with 7218 viewsrickw

This sounds a good plan to me, would he recall Woolfenden though with Donacien and Nsiala still around?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Just a thought.... on 11:31 - Jan 10 with 7153 viewsBluearmy71

Just a thought.... on 10:20 - Jan 10 by Bluefish

Skuse

Skuse is on my list too but the position he is playing under PL suits him a lot better than where he was played I concede that his previous position he was a very understated do the job and do it well for much of the time going unnoticed with the amount of work he did but under PL he has shone and really looked the part since PL took charge
Just a thought.... on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 7107 viewsWhymarkmariner

Should have extended Carter Vickers loan. Chambers to me, looked far better with him than with Pennington. Probably because CV's a better player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024