Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? 10:58 - Jan 7 with 1803 viewsSomethingBlue

And it's fair enough: he knows what he's inherited isn't capable of doing anything, and has his own career to protect too. It means we should have a very good idea, by the end of this month, as to whether we might see PL next season I think. Spoiler: if Elder and Keane are as good as we can manage, there's 0% chance of him staying here.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 11:01]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 1774 viewsMrTown

Would be back to back relegations for Lambert. Needs financial backing without doubt. And a cut above Will Keane I think but will have to wait and see.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 1751 viewsBluefish

The issue surely has to be getting quality players to sign though, I would expect if they are that good they would only go for a loan and we have 1 left. I am surprised we didn't try and get the ok players on permanents instead of using 2 loans.

The answer is definitely not Leadboots though.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 1718 viewspointofblue

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:00 - Jan 7 by MrTown

Would be back to back relegations for Lambert. Needs financial backing without doubt. And a cut above Will Keane I think but will have to wait and see.

Which is why I don’t think Lambert will quit unless he feels his relationship with Evans has become untenable. This is his big chance, relegation may be inevitable but he can rebuild both the club and his career in League One.

He’s certainly putting a lot of pressure on Evans - I almost wish Mick had done the same when criticism from the fans started; we might not be in this position now if he had.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:30 - Jan 7 with 1607 viewschicoazul

It's like Sheringham and Andy Cole giving one another hospital passes all over again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:36 - Jan 7 with 1570 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:00 - Jan 7 by MrTown

Neither of which will have been his fault.

But since he left the good job he done at Norwich, he has made a habit of taking basket-case jobs (Villa, Blackburn ,Stoke, Us)

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 1555 viewschicoazul

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:03 - Jan 7 by pointofblue

Which is why I don’t think Lambert will quit unless he feels his relationship with Evans has become untenable. This is his big chance, relegation may be inevitable but he can rebuild both the club and his career in League One.

He’s certainly putting a lot of pressure on Evans - I almost wish Mick had done the same when criticism from the fans started; we might not be in this position now if he had.

Mick probably couldnt be bothered, and £1m a year can make people bite their tongue very hard.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:41 - Jan 7 with 1525 viewsSteve_M

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:39 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

Mick probably couldnt be bothered, and £1m a year can make people bite their tongue very hard.

It's probably also harder to do that the longer a manager has been in a job. All the incremental decreases in stature aren't as blatantly obvious as what Lambert has now inherited.

I also think MM saw it as his job not to be critical but, equally, you only have to look at the reaction whenever he mentioned that opposition teams were much better funded than we were.

He also wasn't on that much I don't think, not close.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:45 - Jan 7 with 1492 viewschicoazul

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:41 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

It's probably also harder to do that the longer a manager has been in a job. All the incremental decreases in stature aren't as blatantly obvious as what Lambert has now inherited.

I also think MM saw it as his job not to be critical but, equally, you only have to look at the reaction whenever he mentioned that opposition teams were much better funded than we were.

He also wasn't on that much I don't think, not close.

Plus I think Mick is the sort of bloke who if you said to him as Evans presumably did, this is the budget and this is the deal and it aint changing, then Mick being a) a bloody minded Yorkie and b) a canny operator would have accepted it from the word go. After all Evans never let him down because he never did give him any money.

Think you'd be surprised if you think that BTW! 20k a week is the number I have heard several times.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:46 - Jan 7 with 1487 viewsDarth_Koont

I agree we need something special but the problem might be how unattractive and risky we look to players and parent clubs.

I can see it being difficult to sell as a good step in anyone's career. So we might end up just paying more and for players who have fewer options.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:47 - Jan 7 with 1475 viewsDavland

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:01 - Jan 7 by Bluefish

The issue surely has to be getting quality players to sign though, I would expect if they are that good they would only go for a loan and we have 1 left. I am surprised we didn't try and get the ok players on permanents instead of using 2 loans.

The answer is definitely not Leadboots though.

Surely we can have more loans we just can't have more than 5 in the squad right?

Loans aren't the right way forward but if we have to then some of the other loans would drop out of the squad
Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 12:41 - Jan 7 with 1367 viewsSWGF

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:36 - Jan 7 by ITFC_Forever

Neither of which will have been his fault.

But since he left the good job he done at Norwich, he has made a habit of taking basket-case jobs (Villa, Blackburn ,Stoke, Us)

"made a habit of taking" or "only been offered"?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 12:47 - Jan 7 with 1314 viewsITFC_Forever

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 12:41 - Jan 7 by SWGF

"made a habit of taking" or "only been offered"?

Quite.... one saving-grace for us is that another walk-out isn't going to help his CV.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 12:47 - Jan 7 with 1316 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert has absolutely put this at Evans' feet hasn't he? on 11:46 - Jan 7 by Darth_Koont

I agree we need something special but the problem might be how unattractive and risky we look to players and parent clubs.

I can see it being difficult to sell as a good step in anyone's career. So we might end up just paying more and for players who have fewer options.

That I think is the bigger issue at the moment, persuading players to come in given our position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024