Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watership down 19:31 - Dec 23 with 1305 viewsbluelagos

Can someone remind me what the mad commenter in the Telegraph claimed Watership down was really about.

Thx

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Watership down on 19:56 - Dec 23 with 1243 viewsfactual_blue

Describing a commenter on the telegraph website as 'mad' doesn't exactly help narrow it down, does it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Watership down on 20:02 - Dec 23 with 1225 viewsGeoffSentence

This one?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas by GeoffSentence 10 Dec 2018 8:59
Apparently it is a Brexit allegory:

"I think it’s an important story for kids to watch, it shows the struggle to keep the Watership Down warren (the UK) free from being taken over by General Woundwort’s Efrafa (the EU). It’s an important piece of allegory to counter the constant pro-EU propaganda kids are getting from their leftist teachers"

From the Torygraph comments.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watership down on 20:03 - Dec 23 with 1220 viewsSporall

Watership Down is just down the road from me. Once ran over a rabbit there, of all the places.
Watership down on 20:07 - Dec 23 with 1197 viewsbluelagos

Watership down on 20:02 - Dec 23 by GeoffSentence

This one?

Must Watch - Watership Down - The weekend before Christmas by GeoffSentence 10 Dec 2018 8:59
Apparently it is a Brexit allegory:

"I think it’s an important story for kids to watch, it shows the struggle to keep the Watership Down warren (the UK) free from being taken over by General Woundwort’s Efrafa (the EU). It’s an important piece of allegory to counter the constant pro-EU propaganda kids are getting from their leftist teachers"

From the Torygraph comments.

Thx. That was the one.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Watership down on 22:27 - Dec 23 with 1069 viewsRyorry

I have no idea, but if you're referring to the BBC version just screened over the past 2 nights, I thought it was extremely poor and turned off after about 30 mins! Maybe you have to be a kid.
Interested in other views - anyone?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Watership down on 23:28 - Dec 23 with 1010 viewsSporall

Watership down on 22:27 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

I have no idea, but if you're referring to the BBC version just screened over the past 2 nights, I thought it was extremely poor and turned off after about 30 mins! Maybe you have to be a kid.
Interested in other views - anyone?

Very poor imho - not a patch on the original.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024