Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
" Didn't know towns form in 2018" 10:38 - Oct 23 with 2661 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hang on, you didn't look into the club you applied to be manager of?

" Didn't expect my signings to come in and play 46 games a season"

Well you didn't sign anyone else and others left, so not sure what you expected?....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 10:41 - Oct 23 with 2634 viewsJ2BLUE

Makes you wonder what happened during the interview. What did Hurst say to convince Evans to pay compensation for him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 2611 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 10:41 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

Makes you wonder what happened during the interview. What did Hurst say to convince Evans to pay compensation for him?

Now this sounds a bit far fetched but it does feel like neither of them sat down to speak. Part of me wonders if Evans sent Milne.

Waka waka eh eh

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 2522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What is the form in 2018?

I make it that we got 24 points from 21 games with 6 wins at the end of last season from Jan 1st onwards. That is form to stay in this league and significantly better than 9 points from 13 matches with 1 win. Yes, add the two together and it is poor but nowhere near as poor as this season's on its own.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:25 - Oct 23 with 2477 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why would anyone look at a calendar year's form anyway? I'm a diehard Ipswich supporter and I didn't know it, so I don't know why you expected Hurst to know it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:28 - Oct 23 with 2470 viewsNo9

I think this was referring to what Matt H said and a way of pointing out MM's home form was nothing to shout about.
As a guess that is
" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:29 - Oct 23 with 2460 viewsNthsuffolkblue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:25 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

Why would anyone look at a calendar year's form anyway? I'm a diehard Ipswich supporter and I didn't know it, so I don't know why you expected Hurst to know it.

I think his point is more that if you are intending to take over a job you might look at recent form. However, anyone taking over a role can expect the previous form to be poor unless they are replacing a manager that has moved on to bigger and better things or retired.

The fact the form under McCarthy and even Klug was significantly better than now makes the comment strange indeed. It is like it is designed to suggest it is a longer term thing than just this season. However, the stats suggest it isn't. I assume from the way the OP presents it, the quote is from Hurst.

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 2438 viewsBrixtonBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:29 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think his point is more that if you are intending to take over a job you might look at recent form. However, anyone taking over a role can expect the previous form to be poor unless they are replacing a manager that has moved on to bigger and better things or retired.

The fact the form under McCarthy and even Klug was significantly better than now makes the comment strange indeed. It is like it is designed to suggest it is a longer term thing than just this season. However, the stats suggest it isn't. I assume from the way the OP presents it, the quote is from Hurst.

The form was put to him. And as I say, it's calendar form - 2 wins in 2018 - which you wouldn't expect an incoming manager to look at. He was surprised it was so poor as teams have a bit of a trek to get to us so you'd expect it to be better. That was it. Non-story by the OP trying to dig up extra dirt.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:35 - Oct 23 with 2429 viewsStokieBlue

Are you going to spend all day posting singe quotes from his conference and then making a comment?

Why not get it all into one post so everyone can avoid that one instead of many.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Login to get fewer ads

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 2413 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:34 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

The form was put to him. And as I say, it's calendar form - 2 wins in 2018 - which you wouldn't expect an incoming manager to look at. He was surprised it was so poor as teams have a bit of a trek to get to us so you'd expect it to be better. That was it. Non-story by the OP trying to dig up extra dirt.

I would expect an incoming manager to know, it's crazy that he had no idea.

Especially when as I said in another thread, how he saw how successful we were before he started the job and we had good players....

That successful we won just 2 in 2018.

This whole travel distance thing............ How is Norwich that much easier than Ipswich out of interest...

Waka waka eh eh

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:38 - Oct 23 with 2406 viewsNthsuffolkblue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:34 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

2 wins in 2018?

Leeds H 13 Jan
Sunderland A 13 Feb
Preston A 24 Feb
Sheff Wed A 6 March (2 consecutive wins!)
Barnsley H 10 Apr
Reading A 10 Apr

Plus a win this season.

I guess it is more home form that was being discussed. Either way, whether in response to a question or not, it sounds a bit like an attempt to make it sound longer term than it actually is.

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 2402 viewsartsbossbeard

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:37 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

I would expect an incoming manager to know, it's crazy that he had no idea.

Especially when as I said in another thread, how he saw how successful we were before he started the job and we had good players....

That successful we won just 2 in 2018.

This whole travel distance thing............ How is Norwich that much easier than Ipswich out of interest...

You're trying waaaay too hard now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 2396 viewsFrimleyBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:39 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

You're trying waaaay too hard now.

go on........

Waka waka eh eh

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 2376 viewsartsbossbeard

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:39 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

go on........

I don't rate the bloke, granted, but to pick out that he wasn't aware of previous form prior to joining and using that as a criticism is just another thing that's being slung at him.

Let's concentrate on the areas that are much more credible, like 1 win in 13, the players that he's brought in not being up to it and the fact that we're bottom of the league.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:46 - Oct 23 with 2363 viewsJammyDodgerrr

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:25 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

This.

It wouldn't be relevant because you would be looking to come in and start over anyway, the previous form under the previous manager should have no impact.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:47 - Oct 23 with 2351 viewsReuser_is_God

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:44 - Oct 23 by artsbossbeard

I don't rate the bloke, granted, but to pick out that he wasn't aware of previous form prior to joining and using that as a criticism is just another thing that's being slung at him.

Let's concentrate on the areas that are much more credible, like 1 win in 13, the players that he's brought in not being up to it and the fact that we're bottom of the league.

Indeed.

There is literally no reason to be making up negatives re Hurst, there are so many of them which are staring us all in the face.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:53 - Oct 23 with 2317 viewsJ2BLUE

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:16 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

What is the form in 2018?

I make it that we got 24 points from 21 games with 6 wins at the end of last season from Jan 1st onwards. That is form to stay in this league and significantly better than 9 points from 13 matches with 1 win. Yes, add the two together and it is poor but nowhere near as poor as this season's on its own.

I assumed Frimley meant last season. If it's over the calendar year then I have no idea either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:58 - Oct 23 with 2297 viewsBrixtonBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:35 - Oct 23 by StokieBlue

Are you going to spend all day posting singe quotes from his conference and then making a comment?

Why not get it all into one post so everyone can avoid that one instead of many.

SB

Or wait until Phil writes them up.

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 12:00 - Oct 23 with 2277 viewsBrixtonBlue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:38 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

2 wins in 2018?

Leeds H 13 Jan
Sunderland A 13 Feb
Preston A 24 Feb
Sheff Wed A 6 March (2 consecutive wins!)
Barnsley H 10 Apr
Reading A 10 Apr

Plus a win this season.

I guess it is more home form that was being discussed. Either way, whether in response to a question or not, it sounds a bit like an attempt to make it sound longer term than it actually is.

Sorry, home wins.

It wasn't an attempt at anything by Hurst. It was put to him and he said he was surprised at it.

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 12:05 - Oct 23 with 2260 viewsNthsuffolkblue

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 12:00 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

Sorry, home wins.

It wasn't an attempt at anything by Hurst. It was put to him and he said he was surprised at it.

OK. Fair enough.

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 12:46 - Oct 23 with 2176 viewsPositivelyPortman

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 11:35 - Oct 23 by StokieBlue

SB

He’s got f all else to do all day.
Wakes up with PH on his mind every single morning.
Goes to sleep dreaming of MM.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

" Didn't know towns form in 2018" on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 2086 viewschicoazul

He didnt apply.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024