Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday feels like a pivotal night 20:19 - Sep 17 with 1216 viewsMaySixth

would love to see our first win and a bit of unity restored

really hope it happens

bit of luck, 110% effort and it can

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 20:43 - Sep 17 with 1177 viewspointofblue

I’d argue Saturday feels more pivotal already.

If we win tomorrow we have to build on it against Bolton. If we fail to win then Bolton is the easier game on paper and we must take advantage of that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 1149 viewsMaySixth

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 20:43 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

If we win tomorrow we have to build on it against Bolton. If we fail to win then Bolton is the easier game on paper and we must take advantage of that.

fair point

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 21:03 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't get past anything other than the Beat tbh. As long as he gets a good send off that'll do me, win, draw or lose. Wish I could be there.

Start again on Saturday then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 21:50 - Sep 17 with 1080 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 21:03 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

I can't get past anything other than the Beat tbh. As long as he gets a good send off that'll do me, win, draw or lose. Wish I could be there.

From a completely unscientific sample of Miss Slave and my gardening clients it would appear there will be a significant number there tomorrow to pay their respects who have not been in decades.......let's hope they are presented with something to remember from the present!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 22:11 - Sep 17 with 1049 viewsVic

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 20:43 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

And if they lose both?

?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 23:47 - Sep 17 with 987 viewspointofblue

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 22:11 - Sep 17 by Vic

And if they lose both?

?

Then Birmingham away will take on huge significance.

I'm not hoping for much from tomorrow - not being completely humilated would be a start, and evidence of returning to the football Hurst seemed to be trying to get us to play in the opening five league matches.

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 00:01 - Sep 18 with 970 viewsSuperfrans

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 21:03 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

Totally, 110%, resoundingly agree.

Nothing is as important as saying goodbye to our greatest player. I hope we win, I always hope we win, but in 20 years time, what will be important when we look back on tomorrow’s match? Whether we won a football match? Or whether we paid tribute to The Beat in a proper and appropriate manner?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 00:13 - Sep 18 with 963 viewspointofblue

Tuesday feels like a pivotal night on 00:01 - Sep 18 by Superfrans

Totally, 110%, resoundingly agree.

Nothing is as important as saying goodbye to our greatest player. I hope we win, I always hope we win, but in 20 years time, what will be important when we look back on tomorrow’s match? Whether we won a football match? Or whether we paid tribute to The Beat in a proper and appropriate manner?

To be fair paying tribute to our greatest player by losing 6-0 is hardly going to go down well in the annals of the club's history. You're right, paying tribute and saying goodbye is key but a bad result will overshadow that perhaps to the extent of even more bitterness rising to surface due to the occasion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024