Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pennington did well 18:18 - Sep 2 with 1532 viewsle2blue

Looked a spit of David Linighan, good in the air i thought and pretty composed, did well considering he's had one training session.

Think Hurst will be glad to get to the break, he needs 2 weeks of working with this team, shape and movement. I think Jackson could turn into a good find, showed small glimpses but the whole team is work in progress and thats exactly what hurst needs...to work them. When you think about the pre-season spain trip, almost as though they should be going tomorrow rather than in July!
Pennington did well on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 1480 viewsChurchman75

He was excellent
He runs just like Berra, not quite as tall but quicker and was first to almost everything. Never made a bad tackle

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Pennington did well on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 1419 viewsWickets

Pennington did well on 18:43 - Sep 2 by Churchman75

He was excellent
He runs just like Berra, not quite as tall but quicker and was first to almost everything. Never made a bad tackle

Yup i agree just thought him and Chambers got a bit deep once we had scored.
Pennington did well on 20:38 - Sep 2 with 1387 viewsEly_Blue

Pennington did well on 18:43 - Sep 2 by Churchman75

He was excellent

His play and style made me think of Phil Jones

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pennington did well on 20:41 - Sep 2 with 1377 viewsWicklowBlue

Pennington did well on 20:38 - Sep 2 by Ely_Blue

His play and style made me think of Phil Jones

Did he have a glaring howler or get caught the wrong side of the attacker as Jones does most games?

I agree with the OP, I was worried about him playing after just one day of training. Thought the lad did great personally dealt with everything he needed to.
Pennington did well on 20:44 - Sep 2 with 1370 viewsEly_Blue

Pennington did well on 20:41 - Sep 2 by WicklowBlue

Did he have a glaring howler or get caught the wrong side of the attacker as Jones does most games?

I agree with the OP, I was worried about him playing after just one day of training. Thought the lad did great personally dealt with everything he needed to.

No he didn’t, he had a good game and would have been in with a shout for MoM had Edwards not scored.

I was more talking about how he ran, positioned himself etc

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pennington did well on 20:50 - Sep 2 with 1352 viewsWarkystache

Pennington did well on 20:44 - Sep 2 by Ely_Blue

No he didn’t, he had a good game and would have been in with a shout for MoM had Edwards not scored.

I was more talking about how he ran, positioned himself etc

If I'm honest, Ely, the way he started the game, I feared for him. I thought he looked cautious and a bit overawed.

However, he dealt with everything very well after that initial five minutes and had a brilliant second half. I didn't understand dropping Janoi for Spence (I'd have also brought on Edun rather than Ward) but I'm glad we played Penners.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Pennington did well on 21:13 - Sep 2 with 1307 viewsBenno1960

Pennington did well on 20:50 - Sep 2 by Warkystache

If I'm honest, Ely, the way he started the game, I feared for him. I thought he looked cautious and a bit overawed.

However, he dealt with everything very well after that initial five minutes and had a brilliant second half. I didn't understand dropping Janoi for Spence (I'd have also brought on Edun rather than Ward) but I'm glad we played Penners.

"Penners"

Love it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024